Jets to officially cut Brandon Moore

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjetsrule, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

You are going to say with a straight face that Moore is as good as McKenzie? :rofl2:

Except for Mangold (who will be due a huge raise when it's time to resign him), the Jets offensive line occupies four of the top nine spots on the team's list of player salaries. Mangold will surely join that group when it's time. All of a sudden this guy is a God. He restructures to the Jets liking or he's gone. Let me see. Jets offensive line sucks and they can't run. They sign Faneca and they can run. But somehow it's Brandon Moore making them run.

#101 Long Time Jet Fan, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  2. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Absolutely. I believe we would be ~$20 million under the cap if we decided to keep Moore. I think $20 is perfect for what we need to do in FA (Leonhard, Scott/Lewis, and a few depth guys).

3. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

I hope we dont cut Moore I wouldnt mind a restructuring of his money though. But and major but if we do cut him how about Derrick Dockery from the Bills they just released him if we could get him around same price would be an upgrade

4. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

cant forget draft though and the inflated salaries

5. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I'm with the group who says Cut him, save the cap space, slide Woody to RG and draft an OT.

Moore is alright, not bad, but not great like some want to out to be. Woody was decent at RT, but I'd be more comfortable with a veteran such as himself to be inside and not have to worry about edge rushers.

All in the process of saving the money and using it towards Bart Scott, Jim Leohnard, and Leon.

But that's just me.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm saying right now that the knocks on Moore are the same ones that were said about McKenzie, are and were true, and the same arguments were made to defend cutting McKenzie that are being made now about money. The sad part is, we have more cap space now than we had when we cut McKenzie loose. And yes, I think at this point in his career, Moore is as good as McKenzie was then. Except McKenzie did it next to a grizzled, well-established, all- Pro line, and had Curtis Martin in the backfield.

#106 abyzmul, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  7. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

McKenzie is a dominant run blocker and a decent enough pass blocker for a RT. Moore is nowhere near the blocker McKenzie was in either category, and he a guard. Of course Moore is a lot cheaper too, but I just don't think you can compare those two players.

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

9. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

10. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Got to disagree with you on this one. McKenzie was a great run blocker and young and getting better. He is a stud RT. Moore's best trait is he was reasonably priced on an over paid line.

11. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Moore wasn't a good run blocker who was getting better?

12. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

He improved drastically last year and would have been a keeper--but since he can't come to terms on a deal for spreading out his millions he's deserves to go. One year does not make him untouchable. I'll miss you Brandon but on the other hand, I think you could have helped us out.

13. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Moore re-signs for 4 years, $16 million, $10 million guaranteed (see the other thread).