Jets to hire Tony Sparano as Offensive Coordinator

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Jan 10, 2012.

1. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

no, but when an offense actually regresses under the new coach over the old oc then you have to say that the new system isn't worth squat, especially when the new oc wasn't exactly successful at his old oc posisition and Fin fans were ecstatic to see him A) leave the Dolphins and B) join the Jets.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^Schottenheimer had his system in place for 6 years. Keller, Holmes, Kerley and Hill played together for 16 snaps this season. Sparano was in an absolute shit situation. I thought he did a good a job with A Howard.

On to the next.

I don't like to blame playcalling often. I think most of it was execution. Mark Sanchez is fucking awful..... The only play calling issue I seemed to have with Sparano was the gameplan @TEN where we threw all day when we could have ran ran ran. Then again, it was that performance that signaled the probable end of Sanchez.

#302 Jake, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I am never one to bump up old posts or crow about old posts but I am glad someone bumped this one as I had a good day debating in this thread:grin:

To be fair though I don't blame Tony, he didn't have much to work w/ this year. W/ that said I want Norv as our OC next year but I don't blame Tony for our offensive mess.