Jets to cut Brandon Moore?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Kramer, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Brandon Moore is as good as gone

Link http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/02/jets_to_release_guard_brandon.html

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

OK, let's hope we don't end up with another Adrian Clarke situation. It's too bad our young QB's didn't get a chance to play behind the line already in place. Hopefully the replacement is good.

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

UGH. That's a cut I hate to see done. The line was sick this year and Moore was unheralded; not worth 7 mill bonus but you keep him despite. Restructure you fools.

4. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Rich Cimini http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2009/02/moore-wants-more.html

5. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

Its not surprising he gets better every year, he played defense in college. He's still young enough to still get even better considering its a new position for him. They have to keep him.

6. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

$7 million dollars for an above average guard is plain crazy. Yes he is relatively important but rewind to last year and everyone wanted him cut then. Now he is the dogs bollocks

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Obviously the Jets have a far worse cap position than all of the sooth-sayers seem to think. I go back to the guy who showed they were 1.5 million over before the Moore and Baker moves. Not even close to enough to sign their rookies.

8. Phear

Phear New Member

where are you getting your cap numbers from? favre retiring and us cutting barrett put us under the cap.

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Don is the 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award Winner for a reason. I would not worry about where he gets his cap numbers from.

10. Quack

Quack New Member

So . . . Duke Robinson much? Or maybe Canfield in the third?

11. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

I said this Brandon Moore cut was coming back in my late January Mock Draft. $7 million roster bonus is a lot of money to shell out to a slightly above average OG who will be 29 at the start of next season. And I said Trevor Canfield in the 3rd round was the draft pick to consider as his replacement.

12. ........

........ Trolls

http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary.html

He currently has us at $5 million under. He also states on the front page that he has limited info at this point, and is putting every conceivable clause and bonus on the cap without knowing what's actually getting paid out. Someone like Hutchinson, with more information, who ran his numbers past a league official, is a safer bet at this point. Still, more money could hit the cap depending on how clauses pay out. The cap could also come back higher than $123 million.

13. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Genius move Jets, cut the second best OLineman(behind Manigold). Simply Genius.

14. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

This would be very disappointing. I really do not see how a renegotiation with Moore can be this difficult.

15. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

if it ain't broke, don't break it....his bonus might be high but i think we're enough under the cap to be competitive to land a top free agent and a mid level free agent

guaranteeing coles contract looks like an awful move right about now

16. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

They really better already have a damn good replacement in mind. Because I remember Jones running a lot more to the right than to the left.

17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I would Love Duke, but he'll never lst to our second and would need ot be taken at 17. I do not love that move so much.

What would you think or Herman Jonhson or Urbik with our second. Both have RT/OG type skills. Jonhson is raw but has amazing size and potential, Urbik is more experinced and could step in faster.

Canfield or even Levitre in the third are options as well.

18. Quack

Quack New Member

As far as Johnson goes, I don't think that he is that much better than Canfield, who we should be able to get in the third (should). Isn't Urbik injury ridden? He reminds me of Josh Beekman like that - Injury history making him play at a lower level. Granted, Beekman is starting for the Bears, but he isn't anything special. Had to look up Levitre - I guess a guard from a running team like Oregon State couldn't hurt.

19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I do not remember Urbik having a major injury though could easily be mistaken on that. Levirite is a bit shorter then I would like to see, but has a good deal of mobility for pulling and screens. He could be a good later first day guy.

20. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

No kidding, they better have someone in mind.

[​IMG]