Jets to be patient with Gase

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jersey Joe 67, Nov 9, 2019.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I have bounced back and forth with this but step 1 was a really bad Dolphin loss and IMO if the Jets get outplayed and embarrassed tomorrow in a 1 sided loss I don't care what the owners are saying or what people are tweeting Adam Gase could be gone with a bad loss----I will say it again The NY Jets and ownership cannot stand being in the Giants shadow and when the back pages and talk radio EXPLODES on Monday these ass clowns who we call owners might just pull the trigger,,,,,,lets see how this plays out there is a game to be played first

#21 CBG, Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  2. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

If this current situation isn't proof that this organization will never be able to get out of its own way and become a winner, then I don't know what is. The only reason to tune in the rest of the season is to see just how much worse this dumpster fire can become. As bad as it is, I wouldn't put it past the Jets to figure out a way to make this considerably worse than it already is.

I sometimes wonder if the NFL would be better off by putting us fans out of our misery and contract the team so we'd be free to go elsewhere.

3. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

This is one of the few times that we can be glad that the Johnsons have absolutely no credibility. They don't want to waste the money on the rest of the Gase contract but they will drop Gase in a heartbeat after a few more losses like last week when the fans and media are torching them.

4. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Also the money they've spent on players on IR or no longer with the team.

More than likely the Jets have the worst money spent to ROI in the entire league by far.

They're stupid. Not only does Gase suck we're in cap hell.

That's why the Jets are a hot mess right now.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-...am-darnold-is-taking-charge-behind-the-scenes
    "His offense is "incredibly predictable by formation," former NFL quarterback and ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky said on the "Flight Deck" podcast.
    Orlovsky, an unabashed Darnold fan, believes the second-year quarterback could be irreparably damaged by Gase."

We were *hoping* for something else from this ownership, but isn't the current ownership's modus operandi pretty clear?
    Just like the Redskins ownership, and the Browns ownership....

That's right folks, we're the Jebrownskins.

RonPi

6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Watch what U say about FJF love for Todd as he may get very, very angry :mad:

7. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

This means nothing to me. They continue to crater like they have Gase will be gone. Jets fans right now are seething at a degree I can't even remember. We had a real coach like Mike McCarthy right in the palm of our hands and strangely reached for Gase. Somehow Gase has managed to regress severely, everywhere. He had a 4-12 team with a talent upgrade and has somehow done worse. It really is hard to be worse than Bowles, but here we are.

The Jets record since week 17, 2015 is 15-42. Let that sink in. Time for patience is over

Cman68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. championjets69

I doubt very, very highly that the Johnsons are holding a gun to your head to maintain U as a NYJs fan This is America dude so just pick your next favorite after the NYJs & root away I do not think contraction has anything to do with that decision

9. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

It's happened. Respectable franchises (Green Bay, Ray Rhodes) have done the one and done thing. Heck this isn't even a low for us. We hired a guy who ran away quitting and crying in under a year. Anyone remember?

If we're 3-13 or worse. Darnold is a dumpster fire, the locker room is fractured. Chaos everywhere, Gase isn't coming back. He just can't. What's being said now on 11/10 will not mean anything by then if the Jets continue to be a national laughingstock. You're going to need to go fresh start for 2020 otherwise the same rancid stench of losing from Bowles to 2019 Gase will just carry over into 2020 as well. It's culture change time and we need to wipe the slate clean from the darkness of 2016-2019.

10. championjets69

Sure Lou Holtz left the B4 his term was up Al Groh left to go to College FB after a year as well Who remembers Charley Winner who was Weeb spn in law? :mad:

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Everything you say is true, except for having to wait until the end of the season. ALL of these firing measurements have been achieved. Waiting even one more game simply allows Darnold to regress, or worse, get seriously injured or totally ruined. If Chris Johnson had ANY knowledge of football Gase would've been fired by now. Instead, we're going to have to watch him get hit in the face with the frying pan of reality before he does what needs to be done.

#31 ColoradoContrails, Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    JetsNation06 likes this.
  12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The Jets are purposely trying to disenfranchise the fan base so when they move to London nobody will care.

That's the only thing that makes sense.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

Of course yes. I'd rather it now. Darnold right now is being tossed around and beaten up like some scrub in the ring with prime Andre the Giant. He's going to break some bones or tear something soon behind this line. There are 8 games to go, not 2, not 3. EIGHT. That's going to be a lot of hits to absorb.

We have a guy on this staff who can take the wheel until end of season in Gregg Williams. Could he or anybody else do worse? Do not let 2019 go to such a historic waster that it jeopardizes 2020.

14. ColoradoContrails

You could be right in all seriousness. I know I'm ready for them to go away and put me and everyone else out of our misery. Let's get a brand new team in here - we retain the name just like Cleveland did with the Browns - and start from scratch, it could not possibly be worse.

NCJetsfan and Acad23 like this.
  15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

One, @ me when you speak about me, pussy.. don’t be sneaky about it.
    2, still waiting for you to dig up one post where I said anything about loving Todd Bowles.
    3. Seriously , if you say something about someone and don’t @ then you are a real bitch of a man.

Mr mittens and Acad23 like this.
  16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I was hoping the Giants would destroy us because a win for us is just gonna blind that idiot Christopher Johnson...The worst owner in NFL history.

PabloJa and NYJetsO12 like this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

Well, it looks like CJ's patience paid off.o_O When will the announcement of Gase's extension be made?

Cman68, Wahoo and mrmajix like this.
  18. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

FIRE GASE!!!!!!

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The Johnsons
    Do you really think he knows how to @ you?

FJF likes this.
  20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. .Rename 'em the Concordes.

. .[​IMG]