Jets to be featured on Hard Knocks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JfaulkNYJ, Mar 24, 2010.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Look at the two teams that got significantly worse while on the show. One had 13 wins the season before... no shit they are most likely going to get worse, especially when Tony Romo, the least clutch QB in the league is trying to win the division down the stretch. The other barely had a QB and had Herm Edwards coaching!

2. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

I bet they start the show off with Rex getting the lap band surgery. Just like that did with Cincy, show the team during the March camps. I hope it's the Jets for Hard Knocks. Coles could be on that show two years in a row if he resigns.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=NYJ

The Jets will be featured on this year's edition of HBO's Hard Knocks.

It appears they beat out the Texans for the opportunity. Mark Sanchez, Rex Ryan, future Hall of Famer LaDainian Tomlinson, and the NFL's premier shutdown corner, Darrelle Revis, figure to be among the most covered topics.
    Source: Rich Cimini on Twitter

#62 neid92, Mar 24, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Benigno is such a fuck. I'm glad I'll have a chance to watch the Jets without actually having to go to Cortland this summer...

Unless they decide to feature Gholston and his "Dude, where's my car?" story.

4. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Joe is the best.

5. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Wow, the new Pacific WWII series and the Jets in one year?

I'm signing up!

6. HOI

HOI Active Member

And theres no one who can sell me on the distraction thing. These guys are pros and there are cameras in their faces all the time anyway. I would think for guys who are in their early to mid 20's being a multi-millionaires living/playing in and around NYC could be a distraction but they deal with it.

But no...someone douche nozzle with HBO holding a camera during training camp is really gonna fuck up their entire season. Like I said earlier...no one in Cincy was bitching about it...they had a great year...unfortunetly they got their asses handed to them in the playoffs

7. Christian

Christian Active Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...0-03-24_jets_to_star_in_hbos_hard_knocks.html

New York Jets to be featured on HBO's 'Hard Knocks' training camp show
    By Rich Cimini and Bob Raissman In New York and Gary Myers In Orlando
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITERS

Wednesday, March 24th 2010, 12:43 PM

Perlman/The Star-LedgerThe Jets will open their training camp to HBO cameras for the next installment of 'Hard Knocks.'

The Jets will be the subject of the popular HBO series "Hard Knocks," which chronicles the behind-the-scenes lives of players on an NFL team as they go through training camp, the Daily News confirmed Wednesday.

The team released a statement Wednesday trumpeting a "major media announcement" at noon Thursday at their training facility in Floral Park, featuring owner Woody Johnson, GM Mike Tannenbaum and coach Rex Ryan.

The series is sure to produce great theater for HBO viewers, considering the characters on the Jets, including Ryan, probably the most colorful coach in the NFL and marquee quarterback Mark Sanchez, lockdown cornerback Darrelle Revis and future Hall of Fame running back LaDainian Tomlinson.

It’s likely the Jets will return to Cortland in upstate New York for camp, which begins in late July.

As was first reported in the Daily News in January, the Jets were the lead candidate for the show. HBO sports boss Ross Greenburg and Tannenbaum had discussed the possibility throughout the 2009 season.

HBO would not comment on Tuesday, but at the recent Manny Pacquiao-Joshua Clottey fight at Cowboy Stadium in Arlington, Texas, Greenburg - a longtime Jets fan - was joined at ringside by Jets owner Woody Johnson and Tannenbaum.

This represents a dramatic change in philosophy for the Jets, who now fancy themselves as a media-friendly organization. Two years ago, under Eric Mangini, they were a clandestine franchise that never would have allowed cameras into their inner sanctum.

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

We've landed on the moon!

9. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

this is great news. HK is one of my favorite shows, and now with my favorite team, this is just too good to pass up!

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

YES!

This just made the off-season less boring.

11. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

Doh..........

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

haha just gonna echo the sentiment around here: poor Kerry Rhodes

13. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Steve Sabol tells a story about how Vince Lombardi loved cameras being at practice because he thought it made the players try harder. In fact, he instructed Sabol that even when there was no film in the cameras to pretend like someone was filming practice anyway.

Now that Rhodes is gone, I like that this is happening. We're gonna love seeing all the goings on with Rex and some of the players. It gets the Jets in the spotlight for once.. let's face it, being the "sister team" of the Giants and all that second class stuff has gotten us nowhere.

14. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Sorry, Kerry.

[​IMG]

15. Borgata

Borgata Active Member

Kerry Rhodes is now gonna miss his big opportunity to be in the spotlight.

These guys need to keep their heads on straight and not let the playoff run go to their heads, we were only 9-7. I trust that if anyone can keep these guys motivated to continue kicking ass its gonna be Rex Ryan.

16. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Kerry Rhodes noggin resembles Beetlejuice's head, no?

17. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

When does the show usually run? Is it all summer, or do they tape all summer then show it during late July/August?

18. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Last season's premeired August 12th, and it ran about 5 weeks.

19. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/03/ny_jets_to_appear_on_hbo_serie.html

Not too crazy about it, but I don't hate it either. I think I'd just prefer last year's approach; it seemed to work pretty well.

20. afternoondelight

i love this.....im so excited to see how it is inside the lockerroom