Jets Threads at PatsFans.com

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 624, May 4, 2011.

1. Hold out for four firsts, and possibly the other team's cheerleaders and team plane.

2. Just like pinstripes?

Everyone knows how much Patriots fans sound like the NFL's Yankees fans.

3. Hooterdawg

Hooterdawg New Member

If you have seen the NFLN's show on 10 most clutch QBs, the knock on Brady is he never led a winning TD drive in a SB. It was Adam V. ( their K) who won all their SBs by 3pts. In fact, the Pats never won a SB after he left the Pats for the Colts ( though the Colts won the SB in his first year with the Colts). Not only hasn't Brady won a SB since 2004, but he hasn't won a playoff game since the 2007 AFCCG.

4. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

The only difference is that Yankees fans existed before 2001.

5. /thread

Will the last poster to leave please turn out the lights?

6. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Every Patriot is worth a 1st round pick. That's why they're the Patriots. If nobody bites one of their former Front Office men now on another team will pony up three 1st rounders for Hoyer and Woodhead.

7. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

ah, forget it. I think you all know.

#367 guinness77, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  8. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Note to pats fans.

Every fucking sentence doesn't need a smiley, unless you are a child molester in a chatroom.

9. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

I've seen a lot of anti-Brady arguments but this one always kills me.

When your team is tied with seconds left in a game, three points are as good as six. I'm not sure most reasonably football-smart people in the NFL universe would qualify that as a "knock" on Brady.

10. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

You're 100% correct. They haven't been sold out since 1994.

Happy 1st Month Anniversary on GangGreen though!

11. I don't understand how Pats fans can hate Yankees fans in the summer, then become them in the fall.

12. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

I don't hate Yankees fans. My wife (who is from Queens) claims to be one, but I don't think she could name five active roster players.

It's just that as someone who attended his first game around 30 years ago, and who's been through a lot of bullshit over the years (crappy teams, crappy owners, terrible stadium, and basically being the league's worst team for a good 5-year stretch in the late 80s and early 90s), I kind of take a little exception anytime someone implies that the Patriots have no pre-2001 fans. Of course there's a whole bandwagon contingent, but... look at what's happened here at GG in the past two years. I bet the number of registered posters has nearly doubled since Rex came to town. It happens, you know?

13. Sure. Teams always get a bandwagon as they become more successful. But before Mo Lewis hit Drew Bledsoe (or was that Shaun Ellis, Mr. Cimini?), the Patriots are no longer filler programming between the end of the Red Sox season and the opening of spring training.

14. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

wow ... ziinnnger ... good job .. :up:

15. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

I don't know if I would go that far ... yanks got 27 trophies ..

16. colleen74

colleen74 Member

Completely agree with you. I don't even get why the number of years, months or days that you have been a fan matters to ANYONE. Why are you any less of a fan if TODAY you follow the team avidly just as much as the same fan who has followed them longer than you have? Who freakin' cares?

Most of you know I am new to being an NFL and Jets fan. But I know more about this team today, and it's history, than lots of Jets fans that have been fans for years because of this board. I have MANY Pats fan friends that couldn't name 5 guys on their roster but have been Pats fans for all their lives. So are they "better" fans of their team because they have had a Patriot's bumper sticker and and a few t-shirts for 20 years, yet don't even know who they are playing next week?

17. atc526

atc526 Banned

cool stuff

18. What do Pats fans talk about? First, rings...just like the Yanks. Next, pride and the Patriots way...just like the Yanks. Then, how everyone wants to be a Patriot...just like the Yanks. Then, how putting on a Pats uniform makes guys play better...just like the Yanks.

The Pats have a decade compared to the Yanks' century, but the similarities in how the fanbases act are remarkable.

19. Hooterdawg

Hooterdawg New Member

It's a lot less pressure to drive 30 - 40yds. for a winning FG when you are tied than when you need to drive 60- 80yd. for a TD to win.

20. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

I agree with you .. As a pats fan I wish he would of got the TDs instead .. FGs, who does that ?.. Not cool man..