Jets Team Report

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hydro51, Apr 8, 2006.

1. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

If we came out of the first round with Jay Cutler and Marcus McNeil like Cimini suggests as a possibilty...I might seriously consider jumping ship.

I'm hoping for a Ferguson, Maroney, Mangold combo with our first 3 picks. That would be ideal.

2. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

So.... you want a china doll and a first round bust to be our QB's of the future? Maybe you are a Bollinger person? I'll lower the life boat for you.

3. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

We need the QB and RT that Cimini suggests more than the LT and RB you suggest.

4. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

Rather that than Kyle Boller 2.0.

And I hate the Mcneil pick even more.

No we don't. We have a mediocre starter at LT, who could very easily be moved back to RT. And anytime there is a lineman who already has a back problem before reaching the NFL you pass.

Don't know why everyone is counting on Martin coming back and being effective. He's old, and coming off a big injury. I love him, but would be shocked if he was a whole lot better than last year. Blaylock, eh, never going to be anything more than a change of pace. Houston looked ok, but not good enough where I'd be sold on our RB's.

5. jets05

jets05 New Member

4.DBRICK
    29-Carpenter
    35-Mangold

Sleeper-Maurice Drew

Many drafts have Drew falling to the 3rd round, the first 3 picks would sure up many holes in our team, dbrick and mangold would make our line quite respectable along with kendall, jone and moore. carpenter would be great for our 3-4 scheme coming up (as much as i dont agree with using the 3-4 with vilma and robertson). drew would be great for our team although its not likely we will draft a rb because we have invest too much in blaylock and houston showed serious potential..4 on the roster is questionable unless we move houston to backup askew? even though he is undersized for that. thats my take

6. jets05

jets05 New Member

oh and why not right our wrongs..draft sinorice!!!

7. VinnyAndTheJets88

VinnyAndTheJets88 New Member

I don't really like Cimini, I feel like hes pulling this stuff out of his ass... I really think the saints are zeroed in on d'brick now so as much as I want him, I'm starting to think it may not happen... if not I could live with the Mario pick there because of his freakish potential and the BPA formula because he is one of the premier players in the draft, i think hes a better fit in a 4-3 but still can be a difference maker in the 3-4 (unless tangini decides hes not a good fit, then maybe we should think about hawk or a trade)... after that we need to concentrate on o-line, maybe mangold at 29, mcneil at 35

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Amen. White will be a bust. His attitude alone will kill him. Plus we DO NOT NEED another Bruiser as runner. We need a dasher. Next year's target. NO,NO to a RB in the first round.

9. ThunderbirdJet

So, you are also delusional about how competitive this team will be this year.... that explains a lot. Jones SUCKS at RT, and proved it last year. You think Martin can't play anymore, and are happy with the china doll and the first round bust as our future QB's.

This is a rebuild. Accept it. This team will be bad this year, and Martin is as good as any other RB to play for the Jets. You seem focused on 2006, when this team is looking at 2008. NOW is the time to get a QB who will be ready for a playoff run in two years. NEXT year is when you get an RB to replace Martin. After the O line gets fixed, and Ferguson would not fix the O line.... he would just put jones on the bench, and the holes at center and RT will remain.

10. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Cutler is a much better QB than Boller was, coming out. If Tedford was MY QB coach in college, I could probably approach a 60% completion percentage. Boller couldn't even do that. Cutler is a lot better as a prospect.

Jones has the build, technique, footwork, placement, etc. of a LT. He is, was, and always will be a disaster on the right side. He has the chance to become a very strong LT for this team for years to come. McNeill has a risk level to him, but the point is we really need a RT, and I'd take my chance with him (an absolute beast with no flaw other than a POSSIBLE injury concern.)

I never said RB wasn't a need. But it is not nearly as much of a need as RT, or even QB. Especially when RB is one of the easier positions to fill on your football team.

11. lightning

lightning Active Member

if you watched cutler you'd know that he's ALOT more accurate than boller was, now i have to admit i liked boller as a project pick, but not as early as he went...Cutler i feel has more that he brings to the table

12. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

What the fuck are you talking about?

Delusional at how competitive the team will be next year???

At this point, I have us having the #1 pick in the draft next year, and even if we have a great draft I'd be shocked if we didn't have a top 5 pick next year, so if that's being a homer, I guess I am.

Don't know how you could figure I'm focused on next year by my posts.

Jones might have sucked at right tackle, but he wasn't much better at left.

This whole "don't draft Ferguson because we have adrian jones there" thing is hillarious. It reminds me of some Knicks fans saying not to get Kevin Garnett because we'd have to give up Channing Frye. Ferguson could be a franchise LT for the next 10 years. Will he fix the O-Line? Not by himself, but it sure helps.

We should get a running back. Curtis is most likely done, and no matter who we have at QB, they are going to need some help. Running back isn't one of the hardest positions to fill, so I wouldn't say we absolutely need one in the first round, but if it's a choice between imo the 2nd best rb in the draft, and a tackle with back problems, it's a no brainer.

Pennington has proven he's a good QB when healthy. Ramsey has all the tools to be a good starting QB in this league. Will either of them pan out? Don't know, but if they had no hope about Chad he wouldn't be back, and if they just wanted strictly a backup, they wouldn't have chose Ramsey.

13. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

I've watched him.

He's got lots of talent, that's true.

He's also never played a real big game in college, never faced big pressure to win. And he's also shot up the draft charts because of workouts, and not on the field play.

He could be a good player, but no way I'm taking him in the top 10, especially when we have so many other needs, and 1 quarterback who if healthy is a very good player, and another who has a lot of talent, and could put it together if he gets a real chance with some good coaching.

If we're taking a QB, do what it takes to get Leinart. He's got good physical tools, and he's as big of a winner as it gets.

14. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Jones has all the tools to be a good starting LT in this league, and has a better chance of panning out than Ramsey does.

#34 AMJets, Apr 8, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2005
  15. ThunderbirdJet

Man.... I don't even know where to start with this. the NFL decided that Ramsey was worth no more than a SIXTH round pick. Yeah, he's a solid bet, on a contract with one year left on it makes him look solid. Yes, Pennington is good when he's healthy. but.... he's never healthy. That makes him a non-factor. I love Pennington.... but Chad just doesn't stay healthy.

Jones WAS in fact, much better at LT than he was at RT. I don't know where you drummed that up from. Since you don't seem to understand this, I will say again..... we need to re-establish run blocking on the RIGHT side. That means drafting a RT, not a LT. We also need a center, because Kendall SUCKS as a center.

Why are you so worried about Martin and a RBBC situation next year if you think this team won't be competitive? Yes.... what you say on one hand makes it sound like you think we'll be an average team in 2006, then you say we'll be in the top five in the draft again? Yer comfused. Very flustrated. Is yer name Herm?

16. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

Hopefully they take mario williams and nothing but OLINEMAN the next 3 or 4 turns...

17. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

That's wrong, I don;t know if he means guys that are or have been at the top of the depth chart or what, but bith Morley and Gragg have taken snaps in games so he is totally wrong...not that I want those 2 starting but he could at least be accurate...

And I hope he isn't serious about taking Cutler at 4. That would be stupid because we could trade down, maybe get our tackle inthat trade, and still draft Cutler......

18. JCnflies

JCnflies New Member

29rogerblaze51 is right. Williams at 4 unless Leinert falls and Willimas is off the board. If Ferguson is there and you can trade down 3 or 4 spots, do it. Later on get 2 lineman, maybe 3, and look to get Carpenter or a RB in round 2. Bag D'Brick - no matter how you feel about Jones! Solid+ tackles acn be found later.

19. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

Gragg i believe retired.