Jets target QB Kitna

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by O'Brien7, Mar 3, 2006.

1. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

yeah cause thats what i said? obviously palmer talant speaks for itself. but talant takes you so far. you actaully go to learn the nfl. what better way to do that than with a veteran qb who could teach you the ropes

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Kitna will come cheap for a backup QB with limited but comparable starting capabilities. Kitna will come here for Jay Fiedler money, although I don't think they are even in the same class. But that's probably the starting point in negotiations, something they knew from the get-go, so if they are actively pursuing Kitna, seriously, I don't think that they are planning to draft a QB in round one.

3. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

show him the ropes? I'm sorry but you either got or you don't. Once you get out on that field your by yourself and you play the way you are comfortable with.

#63 #1 Jets Fan, Mar 5, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2006
  4. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

you don't need to rush 25+ times per game...20-22 would be fine

and passing yards doesn't mean much of anything, it's about completion percentage and how many picks are thrown

5. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Man, from your responses, you really live in fantasy land... nothing you say is feasable and it's got such tunnell vision....

WOW

Ellis

6. amliv15

amliv15 New Member

I'm sorry, but Kitna is a career backup. If the only thing you've won in your career is comeback player of the year, then I dont really believe you're going to lead us anywhere. I like him as a backup, but not a starter. Robert Edwards won comeback player of the year, I believe Randall Cunningham did too, what else did they ever win ? He's a good locker room guy in all, but I'm sorry, i only like him as a backup.

7. NewEra06

NewEra06 New Member

I think Kitna is a great pickup. Good mentor, good player, and a good guy. He is the kind of player Mangini is looking for. He can stay for a couple of years and mentor whoever we bring in for the future and then leave without creating drama.

8. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

This whole conversation is a mess. Chances are, Kitna will be cheaper than he would have been had he been available last year. The CBA has assured that. He's going to get a pretty decent payday though (3-4M base range.) At that cost, we can't draft a QB. This move would almost assure us that Penny is who the CS believes will be the full-time starter once he comes back. IF the next CBA is done and th structure leaves money for us to play with, then I can see the Jets doing this, and pursuing a QB on draft day. Otherwise, I see the Jets going into next season with a depth chart of 1) Kitna (until Penny is definitely recovered.) 2) Penny 3) Bollinger. Maybe, just maybe, they will pursue a later round QB (I am still hoping for Croyle. I am telling you all he is underrated.) I just don't see this happening though.

9. lightning

lightning Active Member

I love the people who say "hey, lets just wait till next year to get brady quinn"...yeah because it's that f*cking easy right? When you are in position to get a potential franchise qb, THAT YOU LIKE, and supposedly our scouts do, then you take him.