Jets-Steelers AFC Championship discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Vorrecht, Jan 16, 2011.

1. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

What I'll argue with you is that the NY Jets didn't come to play...and until the 2nd half didn't realize they were in a ballgame...doesn't get it done.

2. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

What a waste of my energy and time.

3. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

QFT :drunk:

4. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I've already said I wouldn't argue the poor performance in the first half, only that the Jets were pretenders who didn't deserve to be in the AFC championship game or wouldn't have deserved to go to the Superbowl had the pulled it out in the second half. I won't argue the team was flat in the first half, infact I've said as much.

But when push comes to shove the game's single biggest moment was the Sanchez Fumble that resulted in the last time Pittsburgh scored.
    The second biggest moment was the Cromartie hand to the face call that resulted in first down instead of a punt and led to 7 points for the Steelers.
    the third biggest moment was the lousy play calling and execution at the goal line just before the safety...that was a horrible sequence.
    the fourth biggest moment was the running into the kicker, I don't remember if that led to Pittsburgh points or not but it did take a chunk of time off the clock the Jets could have used.

Also factor in two dropped interceptions, one that Revis should have had and one that Kdub coulda had.

As for the defense in the first half, that goes on the players, they were tackling like girls in the first half, and that includes the first Steeler possession, you can blame to some degree the poor tackling on later possesions due to offensive ineptness, but the offense hadn't even been on the field when the Jets Defense let the Steelers eat 8 minutes off the clock on that first drive and score a TD.

the whole team was flat in the first half, no argument there at all.

5. Gopats453

Gopats453 New Member

-I would love to come on here and gloat about the Jets loss.....but I can't. I have never respected the Jets(Gosh, that's hard to day) more than I do after tonight. In a game when most teams would have given up, you guys fought and fought and almost pulled off a huge comeback. The biggest compliment I can give your team is, I wish the Patriots had your resolve and fight right now. I understand the disappointment for the loss, but be proud of your team, they really fought till the end, and made me a believer.

6. The Mak

The Mak New Member

This will probably be buried beneath all the shouting, but thanks for this post. The Jets almost made a historical comeback and Sanchez made play after play to make it a competitive game. It's too bad our OC had his "McNabb Dry Heaves" moment when it came to serious crunch time in the red zone.

7. The Mak

The Mak New Member

deleted....

#787 The Mak, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2011