Jets steal WR from Broncos' Practice Squad

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Maybe this will put a bug up Plaxico's ass. Make some catches when their thrown your way, dude. And run the fucking route like you mean it.

Come on. This passing offense should be fucking running on all 8 cylinders. Maybe this acquisition will put Pax on notice.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Wait a second. Jewish and black has got to be a winning combination. If he's both, he's doing a great job for us. If not, send him to Occupy Wall Street where it really counts.

3. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I wish he can start right now. Take him out for Burress and only bring Burress in when we enter the redzone.

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Tanny: "I don't know Rex, we're getting killed in the press, fans want to hang Shotty, things don't look good. Even TGG is up in arms."

Rex: "Yeah, It's bad. What you gonna do boss?".

Tanny: <deep in thought> "I KNOW!!! Let's grab someone off another teams practice squad!!! That will divert them. TGG will have entire threads on it!"

Rex: "Fucking Brilliant!!!!"

5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Why? We don't throw to him down in the red zone anyway, which was supposedly the reason he was bought in.

6. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

This thread requires two pictures.

Black & Jewish?
    [​IMG]

Fucking Brilliant?
    [​IMG]

7. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

This is a steal how????

And....

Who the fuck is Logan Payne and why have we not IR him?

8. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Championship!!

9. vajet69

vajet69 New Member

Exactly. And how many shots of were showing him pouting on the bench. WAKE UP.

10. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

If you look at where they were into their 3rd season you can compare. Austin was basically a special teamer/returner 4th WR at that point. Nobody expected him to become the receiver he has.

I certainly don't know enough about this other guy to know if he has that type of ceiling.

11. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

thats what I don't get. Its a move I have questioned since day 1. Payne is still out after 7 weeks since breaking his wrist. sure he was good in the preseason, but he is taking up a roster spot, and I havent heard a single report of him even being near ready to practice. We should have IR'd him from the get go, as it appears he won't be ready until at the minimum week 9, and thats a long time to keep a replaceable gunner on your roster with the hope he will still be the same after surgery.

12. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

I like the coaching staff at Duke due to obvious reasons. I watched a few of their games while he was there and he was impressive to say the least, especially considering it's a basketball school.

This will most likely prove to be nothing short of a good move.

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this was my automatic reaction. either he is terrible or they are beyond terrible. at this point i have to lean toward they are beyond terrible.

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Doesn't matter Sanchez will still sail the ball over his head and out of bounds.

15. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

If nothing else they picked up a guy who fits the bill for the type of WR that's needed on the team (young, tall, fast). Even if he only works out as a ST guy it's still a nice pick up. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

16. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

Does no good if we dont throw the deep ball ...looks good though

17. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Another good thing about that Austin/Riley comparison is the Jets were going hard after Austin the year before he broke out. So maybe they have some decent scouting.

18. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

What the Jets lack right now is even the threat of a true deep route runner that forces a defense to play back a little bit and open up the run game and short pass game. Even if the receiver doesn't have great hands, and in this case I don't know if he has stone hands or not, just the threat tends to keep teams in this era of football from stuffing the box as most coaches fear the deep homerun ball, even if it's more than they should fear it. In my opinion you need to go deep atleast 2 or 3 times a game even if you don't expect to complete the passes, it keeps the defense honest and keeps that seed of thought that there may be a deep pass on any given play....and even a stone handed fast receiver will occasionally grab that game changing home run ball.

19. DaftGreen

DaftGreen Member

I had a chance to see Eron Riley play in person while he was at Duke. He was always a playmaker on a sub par team. I think he would have benefited more if he played for David Cutcliffe for more than one year. Cutcliffe came his senior year.

From what I remember he was also a decent punt returner. Not sure if that's in the plans for us.

20. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

One year of Cut's system is all the man needed. Every Rebel that was a freshman the year he left performed very well for their last few years.