Jets since 2015...Macc really is a failure and should go if he fails again this year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 25, 2019.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but I'm way too tired of living with so much negativism on the Jets. I just can't get on board with this constant desire to fire someone and hope for failure to do so. I want this to be the best draft and free agency, have a winning season and put the past in the rearview mirow

TonyFtLaud, Ralebird, FJF and 2 others like this.
  2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

It’s the offseason. It won’t end until the season starts.

Then it’ll go away or get way worse.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I'm not a Macc fan. Feel he's made a lot of errors from day 1. However, he's had a lot of time to put his plan into effect. I don't want him fired just yet. Right now, he has enough talent on this team, at a very minimum, to put up a winning record of 9-7. If he can't do that with what he's assembled so far, then I say it's time to go.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hey wait a second. Why did the title of this thread change? I made me giggle whenever I saw the GoFundMe thing.

FJF likes this.
  5. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

If the Jets suck again, Mac and Gase have to go. That's the bottom line.

Time to get some cohesion and order in the front office.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

In all fairness, the Raiders, Bucs, and Giants are three of the worst teams to model yourself after.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Mac fired Bowels so there's that. I know, I know, but if Mac had taken up for Bowels, Bowels would still be here.

Mac was not blindsided by Bowles' firing. Mac was no doubt consulted, approved, and was instrumental in bringing in Gase and Greg Williams.

Mac may be a better HC evaluator than college talent evaluator, time will tell.

But I love the FA's Mac has brought in (other than year one when Johnson was still insistent on a 'win now' approach which led to Revis part 2). I love Bell. I love Mosely.

I also give Mac a pass on the first 3 drafts. A team with no QB leads a GM to spend 99% of his time looking for one. Now we have Sam. Our first draft post-Sam was handicapped in that we had no 2nd round pic. But I love the players he got, starting with Quinnten. Polite I never hear of, but has a very high ceiling. Mac rolled the dice. He got the best player in the draft PLUS a potential dominant edge rusher, with no 2nd round pic to work with.

The next draft we will have all 7 picks. And we should be picking pretty good, around 15th in each round. Next season is the draft season I will hold Mac's feet to the fire.

Until then, PRAISE MAC!

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Not this again...

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It is hard for me to tell if he is a bad GM. He has made his fair share of mistakes for sure. But I really want to see how his players do under a different coach than Todd 'Toilet' Bowles

Footballgod214 and chandler like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

True, but in another thread, I demonstrated how in this draft, all but around 3 NFL teams drafted almost exclusively for need.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We ALL want that. It's just that some of us think that we'll never get to where we want to be with Mac as GM.

legler82 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

For one thing, it’s a lot easier to draft for need when all the talent is lumped together than it is when one talent is far better than the other.

Also Q. Williams goes a long way towards helping fill one of out biggest needs.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I merged it with this thread byz. I though the GoFundMe was humorous but it served its purpose.

14. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

He may in fact do that, but you certainly can’t blame people for being frustrated about us going DL in the first again. You win by scoring points these days and another DL doesn’t help us do that. Now, there was no offensive player worthy of our pick, but maybe Mac roles the dice on the best OL in the draft. If he works out then he was worth it.

As other posters have stated, we keep getting “the best player available in the draft” but it’s not translating to wins. Maybe it’s time to try a different strategy.

For too long the Jets have relied on the hired guns strategy instead of drafting well and setting the team up for consistent success. Those small “hired guns” windows are fun, but mostly because by that time we’re so starved for wins that anything is great. Then, after a couple years, the window closes and the Jets are back to being the Jets. That only changes with good drafting, which we really haven’t had.

I hope Mac figures it out starting with this most recent draft.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Saying Macc is mediocre at best and more likely a bad GM, is no more Anti-Jets than saying Hackenberg was a bad pick. It's just a fact, or opinion

It doesn't make you less of a fan.

I will happily eat crow, if Macc's plan emerges and we succeed

16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

[​IMG]

Damn, thought you had started another new thread lol

Footballgod214, Brook! and FJF like this.
  17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

For sure this is a pivotal year for Mac. All the pieces have changed except the GM. There is no way out for him if the personnel acquired thru free agency or the draft flops. As you and many others well pointed out, if the OL collapses early this season if will fall squarely on Mac. I'm hoping for the best but past history is clearly not supportive of my hope.

18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

If Mac would’ve taken the best OL in this draft at 3, he very likely would’ve been fired right now. I wasn’t all that excited about drafting another DT either which is why I wanted them to trade down. Without a trade down though Q Williams was the no brainer selection as he was by far BPA and yes he does fill a need.

His drafting of Leo, Jamal, Darnold are certainly not the reason the Jets haven’t won, he needs more of those picks which Q. Williams certainly looks like he could be. He also needs more of the Herndon type picks which we will see if he got from this draft.

The difference in all those small windows the Jets have had is never having the QB position figured out. If Darnold reaches his potential and stays healthy the Jets will be on the road to long term success.

Footballgod214 and FJF like this.
  19. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

It is getting sickening, I get why people are mad but we are without a doubt more talented than last year. While I am skeptical we make the playoffs we should be in the conversation in December and think we win 8-9 wins.

I am also just as pissed we didn't address the offensive line to a bigger extent this year, but I knew we simply had too many holes to reasonably fix everything. It seems like we got stronger at positions that weren't necessarily a need, but we got better nonetheless. I think we are one offseason away from being a very good team.

20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

And that plan is?......(certainly not to improve the OL)

TBH 9 or 10 wins will be the result of how HC Gase /Williams applies the product on the field...not the draft rookies who are all unproven

Maybe our first rounder QW can start right away but after that..

The only known commodities right now are Bell Mosely Crowder, Osemele and the rest of our starting lineup..maybe that's enough