Jets sign WR Jason Hill

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Oct 3, 2012.

1. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I dont see the problem with this signing. Hill is fairly young at 27, ran a 4.32 40 at the combine so we know he can fly (as opposed to Plax who is slow as shit), and has decent size at 6'1.

He's also not going to be a huge ego like a Chad Johnson, Plax, or T.O who you are going to have to worry about getting the ball so they dont complain. I also wouldnt be shocked if Jason Hill isnt the only WR we bring in here.

#41 kevmvp, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  2. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Im more upstet that we did NOTHING yet agin in the off-season when there were options avaliable. We reached for a draft pick from a tripple option offense (has sick intangables), signed a guy that has the same intangables and could never stay healthy, and basically refused to address the #2 reciever issue (besides having a #2 as a #1 in holmes).

We did the same thing with our blocking TE, O-line (RT and LG) and our LBers. I dont get the organizations desire to turn a blind eye to an obvious hole. We draft like shit, piss away picks that end up as cuts, and the worst is we overpay for sub-par to average talent. This is why we have no depth and are forced to play and pay guys past their primes or were never that good to begin with. DEVELOP YOUR OWN TALENT AND STOCKPILE PICKS...Tannys gotta go

3. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Intangibles is something that can't be perceived. Hill is the opposite of that. He has freakish physical abilities he just is incredibly raw in route running and playing WR in a way that translates to the NFL.

4. TXJet

TXJet Banned

We just got faster and younger at WR. I don't love this signing, but I would cut 18 starters so we are done anyways. I think Keller, Schillens, Kerley, SHill and Hill can do just as well as the line-up with Holmes. I'm glad Holmes is done and I was hoping he would get an injury so Sanchez could relax without him. IMO, we are better today, with signing Hill and Berry than we were before 49ers game.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The argument for cleaning house early this year would be to let the new guys come in and have a partial season of evaluating the talent on the roster while it's in progress.

We're way early for that now though. Woody should be talking to guys he has in mind now with the idea of bringing them in around the bye week and installing them at that point.

If the Jets upset the Texans on Monday night and beat Indy and Miami in the 3 weeks after that they'll be 5-3 at the bye. They have a real shot at 4-4 even without a major upset.

That's more replacing the FO in the off-season territory.

On the other hand if the Jets are 2-6 at the bye there's no reason at all to keep anybody who built this mess around after that. None at all. The first step in fixing a problem is getting rid of the people who caused it.

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

then who's gonna start???? we don't know if Stephen Hill is plying Monday night, we need a guy with real expereince so what if Plax can't get sepraration or ocho or to can't, they can't be any worse then our recivers. The only good revicer left on our team is Kerley

7. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

No argument from me my friend, I'm just saying today, we have to pick from who's available.

Who knows, one of these guy may set the league on fire... could happen.

8. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I hadn't thought of this. But you may be right. And I'll just go back to the Eli comparison. Eli was MUCH better once Shockey went down with an injury. This will now be the thing I will be focusing on the most. Facinating. I'm really glad you brought that up. :up:

9. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

You would think with those measureables, he would be on SOMEBODY's roster.

But this is his fourth organization.

So...he's got issues.

10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

It'll likely be Hill and Schilens. could be Hill and Kerley. Won't be Hill and Hill.

11. Bellows1

Got issues? We're Jets fans and he's got issues? :smile:

12. jet12

jet12 New Member

great point regarding shockey. holmes is as much a prima-donna more so than shockey was..

13. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I don't know much about him, to be honest, but as long as he isn't a locker room issue they could have done worse.

Not that it matters because now we're without our top offense and top defensive players. Not to mention nagging injuries to guys we were going to rely on pretty heavily.

I'm usually pretty optimistic and thought we could be 4-4 at the bye and then have a chance to finish with 9 or even 10 wins. I'm almost certain that won't happen anymore. Barring a miracle (nobody say "Tebow") I can't see it happening.

Best thing for us now would probably be to lose out the rest of the season and get a high draft pick, make some changes in the offseason (front office and on the field) and hopefully either come back next year with a vengence or fully commit to a rebuid, as painful as that may be.

14. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Some of you are such whiners. Hill is a good No.3 or No.4....he wasn't that bad as a Jaguar just the passing attack was so mediocre under Dirk Koetter and from Gabbert/McCown last year that Hill could not do anything.

This is an ok signing....don't expect much out of him but he can certainly play and at the very least understands how to run a route and not drop a ball constantly.

15. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Hot damn ... comment of the day right there.

I would love to see the Jets NOT sign another veteran, call up White & go with what we now have. Lets all the kids play, learn and bag some experiance.

16. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

A CYA move by Tanny. I guess he can't accept the fact that this team is so undermanned that we should just play all of the young guys and see what we get at the end of the season.

This season was fucked once Tanny decided to go with
    -Holmes - a guy who quit on the team
    -Chaz - a guy that's hurt all the time expecting that he's going to turn into an 80 catch guy.
    -Kerley - a guy who's a solid #3.
    -Hill - a rookie who played in on a running team in college.

Why even bother with this scrub? It's too late to fix this disaster at WR.

Tanny = the smartest guy in the room. Just ask the Enron guys.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

What do you want him to do, run with 3 WR's all season?

Jesus Christ, we need at least 5WR's on the roster people. That's what NFL teams generally require.

What was he supposed to do? Trade a 7th round pick for Calvin Johnson?

18. Bellows1

7th maybe, I'd go no higher than a 6 for him, we need those picks.

19. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

this team clearly is looking to the future at this point.

the sooner we accept that, the better of we'll all be.

Although, I'd still like to add this to the list of reasons to fire the guy in which I was told I was completely overreacting.

20. Mr. Green Pants

Yeah, this certainly means we've taken all other options off the table! We've waved the white flag! It's over, it's over!

Oy.