Jets sign WR Corey Davis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2021.

1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

so what? What benefit is there for the Jets to have Davis say Sam is the man?

2. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

He answered the question in the best way possible. Most guys in his situation would say, "That's a question you have to ask coach or GM." But that type of answer makes the player look bad.
    By answering the question the way C.D did he made himself look good, and the Jets look like they have a plan. Also this could only increase Sam's trade value. Why? Since many teams probably think Sam's a goner so they can send low ball offers, and I wouldnt blame them at this point.

I think the best the Jets can do is wait as they said til the draft, see how the young guys look, and what type of offers we have for Sam. If the young QBs look promising, take the trade offer, and draft the new QB. Worse case scenario...Jets can always keep Sam and draft a QB and let them battle. During the pre season Sam plays well you can trade him for a better pick, or let Sam start and let the Rook learn from the sidelines. Learning from the sidelines might be a huge benefit for some of these new guys.

I do trust JD to make the best move. I also love the fact that we had lots of $ to spend but we didnt have to overpay like the Giants or Pat's. CD is a great pick up and should thrive in this system.

3. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

You’re right about him not being able to block and Davis being a better fit in this offense, but if you still think Robby just runs go routes, you need to watch him more lol

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

What is your basis for saying that? Davis hasn’t accomplished half of what Robby has in this league, and with better qbs.

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Logic? Eyes? I don’t know there’s a variety of ways to confirm this.

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Stop with all the Robby stuff he is gone. Davis fits what Saleh and Lafleur are trying to do much better than Robby but it does not matter because Robby is not on the team and Davis is. I do think Davis and Robby would have been a great combo but I also think Davis and Mims will be behind a solid running game.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

What has Anderson accomplished?

They aren't comparable players. Davis is a physical wideout that is comfortable in a diverse route tree. Anderson is a deep threat with world class speed but limited in his knowledge and desire to run designed routes and weak against physical corners.

NYGANGGREEN and cval like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member