Jets sign WR Corey Davis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2021.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The OL definitely needs upgrading imo, and I wanted them to as much as you or anyone else. I particularly wanted Thuney, but the Jets couldn't top the crazy money that the Chiefs gave Thuney, and the Chiefs still don't have any OTs or a C that I know of. I guess that Thuney will be a one-man OL for them. I would have liked for JD to have signed Zeitler, but he was focused on Thuney. Zeitler was probably Plan B. Gabe Jackson has been a great OG, but does he fit our scheme? What kind of money does he want? I'm certain that there must be other OGs available who fit our new scheme, but they may be 2nd or 3rd tier types and may be no better than Lewis or Van Roten. Hopefully, there are some who are better and JD will sign one or two fo them today or tomorrow. All is not lost yet.

Cman68 and barfolomew like this.
  2. NCJetsfan

Have some hope. There's still hope on the Watson front, and if we draft a QB, he may not better than Tannehill his rookie season, but I think any one of Wilson, Fields and Lance could be by their 2nd season.

3. NCJetsfan

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It's an interesting question and I think your comments are valid. Juju does not match the player that JD seems to prioritize, but his talent and our head coach may be the counter to that. I think a guy like Saleh goes a LONG way in a players development on and off the field. Juju is not the only diva in the NFL and Saleh has experience working with guys like that, ie Richard Sherman.

I like both options, but I don't believe JD is just going to disregard juju because of his attitude at times.

5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings about this signing. I think Davis is a pretty good player but people saying he fits the scheme makes me nervous.

Davis is very similar to Mims' play style, and neither are a true #1. If we do get a burner then did we just pay that contract for a 4th WR. Is he soley to rotate with Mims? Or are we going to try to be that team with big WRs, which has its advantages, but is not ideal IMO. Especially for Darnold or a young QB.

As some of you know, what I'm really trying to say is, just draft Devonta Smith and quit worrying about FA wideouts from here on.

jilozzo likes this.
  6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I think you may be right that they are pushing harder at Samuel. I would LOVE Samuel or Fuller.

I just don't think they are ignoring Juju either

7. NCJetsfan

I will be stunned if JD signs another WR. I'll be delighted, but stunned. After last year's draft, I had real concerns that he didn't value WRs or the passing attack, but hoped that I was wrong. Of the three, the only one I want is Samuel. I'd take Fuller, even injured a lot over JuJu. I don't like JuJu at all, and don't want him on the team. If Tomlin and a team of veterans couldn't keep JuJu contained and his mouth shut, then Saleh has no chance and he will make the Jets a 3-ring circus again. If the Jets sign JuJu, I hope he won't pass the physical.

ouchy likes this.
  8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Agree with no Juju. He is a distraction.
    Disagree with signing more WRs. We have a great WR draft class. We need a homegrown #1.

9. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Well, it is nice to know where and when we're shipping Darnold out of town. When I read these comments from other fanbases, it is always negative towards Sam.

Hopefully, he goes to Seattle in that 3-team trade with Chicago. I would love to see Wilson in Chicago. Great fit there. Sam is a good fit with Pete, a fellow USC guy.

boozer32 likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

11. NCJetsfan

Plus it would probably make Adams' head explode! LOL

NYGANGGREEN and major33 like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

13. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

I see why Chad Johnson cried in that video on Twitter about his route running wow

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

Wow I didn't know that, crazy how things work out RIP to his late brother and glad he's a Jet now!

NCJetsfan and boozer32 like this.
  15. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I think both QB's need a change of scenery.

J-Raw24, NCJetsfan and NYGANGGREEN like this.
  16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Seattle is not a good landing spot for Darnold. They let their o-line go to crap and expected Wilson to make up the difference. Even if they trade Wilson and freed up cap space there wont be any quality linemen left to sign. Imagine Sam in that.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  17. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

18. major33

I completely agree. I laughed when I read Pete was interested in trading for him. Perhaps Seattle should think about keeping Wilson, make him happy, and dump Pete. They will not find a better QB than Wilson. It's not like he's that old, 32. Pete Carroll will turn 70 on September 15.

ouchy likes this.
  19. major33

Wilson is great in Seattle. Pete should go. Build an O-line & get new coaches. Better than trading for Darnold. I would not be happy about that if I were a Seattle fan. Bears fans would be thrilled.

20. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Uh, Belichick also cut him lol

REVISion likes this.