Jets sign WR Corey Davis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2021.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Did watch him as a USC fan. I guess you were passed out during the Rose Bowl when he looked like a world beater against Penn State and Saquon Barkley/ One of he best games ever. Too bad you missed it with your throwing up problem. Must be new to the Jets as they have had people puking for decades.

2. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Big fan of this signing. He’s legit and was in a low volume offense. Still pissed at this price we didn’t sign Robby but can’t risk losing out on Golloday. This is our guy and is a humble guy. Good personality.

PJ4Ever and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

The New York Jets sign WR Corey Davis
    Like and Subscribe TGG

VIDEO:

4. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

I hope Sam goes on to have a wonderful career in Siberia, just as long as it isn't with the Jets. I have no ill will towards him and want him to succeed. Just not a fan at all, never have been. Time to move on with some new blood.

Another thing that bothers me about Sam is that it took him 3.5 years to finally run with the ball. And those sideline overthrows, yeesh, how much more of that can you take? He also is inaccurate passing on the run and cannot improvise if his life depended on it. Very limited field vision too. Ugh please no more Sam. I really don't understand why you want to torture us some more.

Come calling when teams are beating down JD's door to snag this magical QB with a 1st round pick. Where are these teams?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. major33

Yes, and Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl. Anyone can perform well for a game or two when you have a great team behind you. It's the inconsistency that is the issue with Sam.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

7. boozer32

There are at least 8 teams asking about Sam. I'm guessing you're not in any of the pro personnel departments of those 8 teams. Maybe they see something with him. Maybe they place some of the blame on his supporting cast. How could he succeed with the likes of Demaryius Thomas, Eric Tomlinson, Manasseh Bailey, Josh Malone, Lawrence Cager, and Perriman?

8. boozer32

The one or two guy. We always get the sixth or seventh guy. We should try and shoot a little higher instead of settling.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No, at least I hope not!

barfolomew and Jets79 like this.
  10. boozer32

Yes and also the coaching and talent around you. Nobody wins by themselves in team sports. Emphasis on the team and Sam has been on some bad teams with some bad coaches. How could anyone win like that?

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

So could Ihmir Smith-Marsette, and he is also a return man. There are also a ton of excellent slot WRs in the draft

barfolomew likes this.
  12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Chad Johnson on Corey Davis route running (NSFW, hard to understand some words but didn’t sound safe for work)

NCJetsfan and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  13. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I hated losing Robby too, but what does one have to do with the other, IF we’re moving forward? Robby was a mistake. Dead body, keep walking.

themorey, donkey, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Can you reasonably come up with eight teams that could possibly shoot for Sam Darnold when factoring in their current quarterback situation?

I count 4-5 at the absolute most.

boozer32, REVISion and major33 like this.
  15. major33

Oh lord here we go again with the 8 teams. Who are these 8 teams? If I were JD, I would say 15 teams have called about Sam. All that matters is the compensation. Who is beating down our door to acquire Sam? NOBODY!!!!!!! I hate going by what fans want, but if you are on social media, whenever Sam is rumored to go to their team, that fan is throwing up. You would think a #3 overall pick at QB making little money would have made fans clamor for their GM to bring in this stud. Nope. All you get is DO NOT WANT.

16. major33

I'm not even looking at that. I'm looking at his skill set. Not impressed. Bottom line. You are impressed with his skill set and I think he's limited for the reasons I stated previously. You have yet to tell me what about Sam makes you all giddy that he can be a good starting QB? All you do is blame others for his mistakes.

17. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

Hopefully they’re identifying guys they like who they expect to break out. As opposed to what the Jets appear to usually do: sign any ‘name’ player willing to come to them for 20% above market.

Jets79 and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Davis is as good a WR FA as there was out there, really nice move by JD, and the price of $12.5 with basically 2 years guaranteed and 3d optional doesn't really break the bank either. Didn't Davis have the most receiving yards of the entire FA WR class in 2020 with 984 in 12 games as a starter? Big guy, just turned 26, fast, 15.1 yards per play. Solid move by JD.

19. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Very happy with this signing. He was the guy I wanted to draft back in the day (which actually would have been a bad move with hindsight). Very excited to see how he works out as a Jet.

egelband likes this.
  20. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

I think Crowder is gone. I see us going after Will Fuller