Jets Sign Montgomery

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ConcordeChops, Apr 10, 2019.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

You have to trust Macc and his stellar track record of drafting talent. Yeah, I can't type that without laughing hard.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Heh I don’t hate the signing of Montgomery, in fact I like it a lot, but relying on June 1st cuts is no way to build an offensive line. Assuming Mac passes on offensive line again in the draft which is possible.

NCJetsfan and boozer32 like this.
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The only OL position that concerns me for 2019 is C. I don't believe Harrison is the guy that should be snapping the ball to Darnold over the course of a season. I hope C gets addressed by round 3. LT and RT can wait until next year as Beachum and Shell are adequate.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I'll be honest,
    I think Montgomery and Crowder are 2 of the better off season moves the JETS FO have made on offense in a long time.
    They are complementary players that yield. That's waaaay better than these cast offs they've been signing.

Acad23, NCJetsfan and abyzmul like this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I think we'll see much better results right away...if only because of Le'Veon Bell.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

our offnese improved quite a bit. osemele is a nice upgrade over carpenter at G, crowder is a nice upgrade over kearse/pryor. Robbie and Q hopefully stay healthy , they haven't played many games together so far sadly. herndon and darnold should take the "year 2 jump" so improve via experience. Plus of course bell at RB is a huge upgrade over powell/crowell. That's at least 3 huge additions (bell is top 3 and osemele is a 2 time pro bowler) as well as 2 experiance jumps, 2 health jumps, and crowder who is a really good WR3

boozer32 likes this.