Jets sign Jay Feely

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LockDown24, Sep 8, 2008.

1. panos

panos New Member

Couldn?t agree more.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Would you trust Nugent w/ the game on the line from outside the 40? This is an upgrade.

3. nyjunc

I have defended the pick in the past, the reason I am tired of him has nothing to do w/ where he was drafted. he is way too inconsistent and I don't trust him in a big spot. This is a guy that 2 years ago on opening Day missed an extra point and 2 chip shot FGs against tennesse 2 years ago that almost cost us a win, a guy who missed a 20 yarder w/ the game on the line a few weeks ago(it was preseason BUT you have to make that kick and the fact that I wasn't confident he would make it tells me all I need to know) and his missed kick and "injury" almost cost us the game on Sunday. Those are just a few examples, he's been up and down most of his career and I'm tired of it.

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

There is something about the first game that Nugent doesn't handle well, outside of his first game jitters he has been pretty reliable for us. The missed PAT that you mentioned was the only one he has missed in his career so until he misses another one that could be considered a fluke. He hit 88% two years ago, that is as automatic as it gets in the NFL and 84% last year, not that bad.

As long time Jets fans, we haven't had the luxury of great kickers in our history, Nugent has been the most consistent kicker in my time as a Jets fan.

5. nyjunc

I never feel comfortable w/ him kicking FGs. He had his moments as a rookie, he had a good '06 for us but he stunk last year. He missed a 42 yarder against the Giants that would have given us a 10-0 lead, a 44 yarder against Philly that would have made it 7-6, he missed a 35 yd FG down 20-10 to NE which is a FG that would have brought us w/in a TD, had a PAT blocked at ten and missed a FG in a game we lost 10-6. He was awful last year and started off '08 in the same way. He's not that good of a K, he's missed 4 FGs in the 30-39 ranged the last 2 years(plus 1 already this year), he doesn't do a good job on KOs which hurts field position. I'd rather move in a different direction at K.

6. woutervz

woutervz Member

Feely should be a solid replacement!! But ofcourse going on the fourth against Miami had something as well :jets:

7. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I guess they Feely can do it.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Nuge has too much Doug Brien in him for my tastes. He scares me in big game spots almost as much as John Hall used to. (Then again, NOBODY ever has scared me as much as JH).

KO's are an important part of the game and while Nuge had a solid College leg, that hasn't translated over into the pros yet. These days, kickers nailing 50yders isn't as rare as it used to be. There are bigger guys, stronger guys, more money kickers on rosters these days than ever before and the Jets need to get one if for no other reason, prod Nugent into stepping his game up..

9. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Key words. Bigger, stronger. Hermway figured with Chad they would always be able to get close enough, that the stregnth wouldn't matter.

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Had to sign someone.

11. shabbtastic

shabbtastic Well-Known Member

Does anyone know when the Feely jerseys will be available?? :wink:

12. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

The funny thing that I keep hearing over and over again is how Nuge' COULD botch a big one when the game is on the line.

He makes me nervous when it's the 1st quarter and after a 10 play 65yd drive, we get to the opponent's 20 yard line and they bring in the FG unit out on the field. It's like, everytime he kicks the field goal, it becomes a nail-biting moment.

And you people want to wait for those high-pressure, win-or-lose moments? Give me a break.

13. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Really? Can it be true? We have a real kicker! (and there was much rejoicing)

14. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

Great signing for the Jets imo. He is definately an improvment over Nugent. I really wish the Fin's would've kept him :sad: He may not have a huge leg, but everything within 40 yards is a lock for him and even a 41-50 yarder is good range for him.

15. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

A tie game on Sunday with 5 seconds left. Feeley has already hit one bomb. If Feeley is facing a 50 yarder to win it we are expecting him to hit the FG and will blast him if he misses it.

16. SomeNoob

SomeNoob Member

Vanderjagt would have been the perfect choice for 1 reason and one reason only. He is cursed, like the Jets. Put them both together and break both curses..

[​IMG]

17. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

I think Favre already did that considering he had the Madden curse on his head.

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Exactly what i was going to type

John hall, Doug Brien, Nugent..........ALL THE SAME

19. SomeNoob

SomeNoob Member

Forgot about that, see its karma..

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

So uhhh, who got cut?