Jets sign Dwight Jones Per NJ.com

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JdotGriff, Dec 18, 2013.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Most definitely! Excellent post.

2. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

First of all you idiots I was not being a jerk but the dudes life hit an all time low starting with him being undrafted and he was already distraught after that then this tragic situation with his son happens and he lost himself in the mix and had to find himself again. He told the Texans he didn't know if he wanted to play football, why would I take this situation and make a joke out of it

you guys need to calm the hell down with the insults at me because I meant no harm in my words, I'm not that kind of person so **** you if you feel some kind of way

3. laxin

laxin Active Member

He was actually a pretty highly rated prospect. I thought he was around a 2nd/3rd round pick at the time. He has ideal size and can probably step in and be better than Hill if he's eventually promoted.

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Go for it Dwight!

5. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for calling me an idiot, and thanks for saying '**** you.' I see now that you weren't being a jerk in your first post...

6. Mitch_Dumstein

Have to agree. This edifying and intelligent post clearly proves that you weren't being a jerk in your attack on a kid who thought caring for his dying toddler son was more important than football.

Sadly we lesser beings all can't be candidates for sainthood like you

7. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

This post is probably one of the worst i have read on this board.

I hope your Christmas tree dies and sheds all over your gifts leaving them sticky.

8. dannymac910

dannymac910 Member

Hopefully this is Victor Cruz 2.0

9. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Man, I hope this guy comes in a few of these last games, to see if he's still got it. If he can produce, we could have a good receiving core next year.

Watkins, Evans, Lee one of these three or Benjamin, Adams, Robinson, Matthews in the draft
    Possibly Tate, Maclin or Nicks
    Kerley
    And maybe this guy if he still has it.

Are things looking up?

10. NFL

NFL Active Member

I don't think that it mattered much that he went undrafted. He was still given a shot and claimed that he would be the next Andre Johnson. You don't make that comment if your feeling depressed.

11. NFL

NFL Active Member

He's definitely got potential, but he won't come in this year. He hasn't played any football in over a year. He said himself that he's thankful for this opportunity and looks forward to going into next year and contributing. Sure sounds like Idzik assured him a training camp spot if he shows his potential.

12. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

From the little I've seen, he looks like a big, physical kid with OK hands and a pretty limited set of routes. He looks like a good runner in the open field and he has some speed, but most of his production seemed to come underneath, on WR screens, and on slants.

Certainly worth a shot as a no-risk signing, but I think wanting him to get game action in the next two weeks is asking a bit much. A couple of weeks on the PS, then a mini-camp, and training camp should give the CS a good idea of what he can do for us.

13. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

First, another thread with name calling and personal attacks, it never seems to end.

As far as Dwight Jones, I followed his Collegiate career. A big receiver that was very productive, but was immature and had off field issues. Jones was going to throw a party and collect money and used his North Carolina Photo in the ads, a huge NCAA violation. He was suspended and eventually reinstated....but the damage was done to his NFL future.

At one time I thought Jones could be a second Rd pick, going totally undrated was a mild surprise, he should have been at least a late Rd pick with the off field stuff.

14. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Now this is the sort of 'project' that I'm on board with. No more wasted second rounders...

15. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012_5.php

This is a fan site so take it for what its worth but I went back and researched where they had Jones going in the 2012 draft. they had him going in round 5 and mentioned that he had "character concerns".

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012WR.php

Pre draft they also had him projected as a projected 1st-2nd round pick. He was rated above guys like Sanu, Rueben Randle, Nick Toon, and TY Hilton.

It's weird that they had him projected as going in one of the first 2 rounds and then in their mick had him go in round 5, but like I said, take it for what it's worth. It's just a fan site.

16. NFL

NFL Active Member

Really is weird that he was ranked so highly among other receivers, not only on this site either.

Worst case scenario is he goes into training camp and doesn't succeed. You have to love this kids size though. He also sounded like he really wants to make the most of his opportunity here in the interview he did the other day.

17. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Exactly. I like this signing more and more.

It doesn't seem like he is your typical UDFA random signing.

Who knows, maybe i'm just so disappointed in our current set of skill players that i'm just looking for anything to get me excited haha.

18. laxin

laxin Active Member

Similar to Vontaze Burfict. He was a projected 1st or 2nd round pick, had major character concerns and now is a stud in Cinci. We can only hope we have half of that luck.

19. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

He never said hed be the next andrea johnson his exact words were.
    "I am going to mirror my self after Andrea Johnson"

He was paying respect and saying he wanted to be just like him.
    the media and online turned into into that after left the team to be
    with his son.

20. NFL

NFL Active Member

Lol, for a second there I was like, who the hell is Andrea Johnson?

But what I mean is that it doesn't sound like he was bummed for not being drafted. Obviously he probably was, but this dude is saying that he quit football because he went undrafted, which is not the case.