Jets sign Breshad Perriman

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 24, 2020.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Brandon Moore says hello. He was a DT converted to OG and played at a very high level for 10 years.

2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I agree. He is small for a tackle but maybe able to convert easily. We have good guards now imo but if Edoga can develop and take a guard spot then next year Alex Lewis can walk. We would have a home grown guard we can hopefully keep around.

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes, But that doesn't happen often. Sorry Boozer he can make it @ Tackle or he can't make it @ all. Sam Darnold can not afford O-Lineman trying to learn new positions while playing out of position. No thanks.

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Edoga was known as a pass blocker in college. Maybe he’s better suited at LT...not sure what his future holds at this point.

5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Word is the Jets made a better offer.

I think the coronavirus epidemic in NY made Robby run for the hills.

My understanding is that this guy Perriman is a journeyman something like four teams in four years and it's a one year deal he's just happy to be somewhere in the league.

I'm not expecting much out of him supposedly the draft is where the real Robby 'replacement(s)' will come from.

6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yes i follow fantasy. i know what he did. it was a short span. he's also an injury risk. 3 games doesn't overwrite a 5 year career
    and kerly was our number 1 at one point. it's a ridiculous argument. you can't have it both ways. some people here are a joke and contradict themselves to try and fake reality to prove their point. that is what you are doing right now. i guess by that logic luke falk is a starting quality QB becuase he started in gase's offense lol
    I've never trashed robby. u need to get your memory checked. I always defended him.

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Perriman is considered a bust by nfl gms..in 46 games he barely has 1000 yards reciving.What dilusional world are you lving in?

dawinner127 and GasedAndConfused like this.
  8. LongIslandBlitz

Robby anderson has 20 tds for over 3000 yards and 207 receptions in 4 years with the Jets being undrafted

Perriman was drafted in round 1 26th overall and has played for 3 teams in 4 years his stats are 95 catches for 1500 yards and 11 tds

They are not even close

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Edoga's foot speed isn't fast enough to be an offensive tackle in the NFL. I think he could be a quality guard. I honestly think he's a good size and has a good skillset to be a center because he looks to have a good punch if/when he sets up. But it's difficult to snap. I was a guard and I couldn't do it.

almbleamal, J-Raw24 and boozer32 like this.
  10. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

The few games I actually saw him play he made contested grabs that your boy certainly wouldn't have or even fought for... just saying. Have you see his ball tracking capabilities? I have and guess what, IMHO he is as good as RA. Please provide the link that states he has trouble catching the ball in the cold weather, you mean like Balt? Just saying...

Finally, Why is it that you feel it is necessary to try and berate a poster? if you disagree with a poster just say you disagree... you do not have to make disparaging statements and then apply it to everyone...see bold. Llet me say this once, you can disagree with me but do not make your disagreement a personal attack on me otherwise we will have an issue. .

PJ4Ever likes this.
  11. elway-TO-ALLEN17

elway-TO-ALLEN17 New Member

I really wanted the bills to get him. Hes a poor man's andre Johnson and a late bloomer. His dad was underrated

12. elway-TO-ALLEN17

Hes more dangerous and stronger than Robby imo

13. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

If he were as good as you say the Jets wouldn't be signing a bunch of offensive lineman. He was already on the team but must not have made an impression on Douglas. Why waste the money and more important why still after all the signings they might take another OT. The only depth openings might be guard especially if the bring Beacham back.

14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

And Robby Anderson has an average of 47 yards per game and has never had a 1000 yard season, but sure, he's worth the $10 million.

What dilusional world are you living in?

elway-TO-ALLEN17 likes this.
  15. Falco21

LOL

You realize Robby Anderson had 5 TD's last year as the #1 WR, which would fall exactly in line with his average of 5 TD's per year. That's a joke.

A fuckin slot receiver named Jamison Crowder has 18 TD's in the last 4 years of his 5 year career and had more yardage last year than Anderson and more TD's

16. LongIslandBlitz

Perriman isnt a viable replacement....He was drafted by the Ravens in round 1 and cut after two years.If the Ravens cut you its a major red flag for me...90% of Jets fans didnt even know who this guy was

17. elway-TO-ALLEN17

Jets arent done yet dude. They will draft one early and later and possibly add another vet

But Perriman offers real wr1 traits with his size/ speed and jump ball catch ability.

Hes a good wr man

18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Perriman was a raw WR out of the gate. With the Browns, he actually started to show glimpses that he maybe a salvageable WR...the Bucs he showed he’s a starter caliber talent. He’s trending up...I hope continues to do so for Sam.

Catfish Billy likes this.
  19. Falco21

Perriman came at half the price as Anderson. And if your litmus test is how the career started, then it can easily be said that MANY GM's thought Anderson was a bad prospect, hence why he went undrafted.

We're not replacing Julio Jones or Mike Evans with Perriman LOL

We're replacing a WR who is at best a #2 on majority of teams and a #3 on others. A guy who has never had a 1,000 yard season and averaged 5 TD's a year.

Give me a break

20. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I’m not sure if the Jets really made a better offer. The cap goes up, probably quite a bit next year, so my guess is he didn’t want to be locked in for the 4 years the Jets were offering. I would like to see the details of his Carolina deal.

NCJetsfan likes this.