Jets should trade for Garrapalo or Cousins.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by villano5, Mar 10, 2017.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

they DO wanna groom to him replace brady. that's why they haven't traded him yet and why they aren't asking for just peanuts.

They traded Ryan Mallett for a 6th rounder, they traded Cassel for a second rounder and they yet want 2 1sts for Garrapoopalo or they won't budge... sounds like they like him to me

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

3 or 4 years ago the Jets could of had many QBs on the trade/FA market but blew it

With all his faults, MM would have gotten us Jimmie G who is not a bad player imo,,,,better than Fitz/Hack/Petty

Oh well ...water undr the bridge

3. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

The Jets should trade for Aaron Rogers.

4. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

I hear Russell Wilson is available..

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

This is the funniest post I've read in a while.

It's a message board, what else can expect but lunacy every once in a while.

Cman68 likes this.
  6. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I don't get the obsession with Garrapolo. The Patriots are a tight nit organization, and he's only played 4 games. That team is great, nomatter who starts. To think he'll be as good somewhere else is silly in my eyes, plus they wanted 2 firsts for him, which is absurd for a guy that's only played 4 NFL regular season games. Garrapolo still has much to prove, he's basically this year's Brock Osweiler. Plus imagine NE with a #6 overall pick. That's a scary thought.

Cousins at least is a proven commodity. I'd be all about him on the Jets, in fact he'd be the one guy that it makes sense to trade the farm for. He was a top 5 QB last year. But then again, he'll be a free agent at the end of this year, so it might not be worth trading when we can sign him next year if the young guys don't pan out. The Redskins' GM is a moron the way they are handling Cousins over there. I honestly have no idea what they are thinking by not giving him a long term deal and getting rid of both his WRs.

#26 Sam Hammer, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  7. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

It's very early. Of course they're going to ask for the moon and the sun now. If JimmyG gets traded, it'll be for less, closer to the draft. Additionally, the Cassel & Mallet comparisons are poor, because Brady was nowhere near retirment at that time. Teams new they couldn't retain those guys.

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

The best way to get royally fucked in our division is to trade with the Pats. The Pats will trade Garrapolo If-and-only-if they don't see him as Brady's successor. And if that is the case, as sure as shit we should not over reach for him. If he isn't good enough for them he is not good enough for us. Fuck the Pats and their one sided demands.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  9. General Eclectic

General Eclectic New Member

Mallet is also a numbskull. He has the physical tools to be a successful quarterback in this league, he just doesn't want to be. That s*** he pulled in Houston was embarrassing.

10. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want to entertain matching whatever the lowest possible offer is for Jimmy.

We lose no matter what if this actually happened.

Sam Hammer likes this.