Jets Should Get Aso (and build a temple)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Notorious J.E.T.S, Jan 27, 2011.

1. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I swear I was just about to post that quote.

Does that shit open up the doors for a BS tampering charge?

2. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Salaam alikum Asomugha Nmadi my brothers. Peace to the Gods of Nmadi, and Revis Christ unite to form the ultimate, impenetrable, and most divine secondary in NFL history.

nah. somebody tried to fuck us in the beginning of the year about that shit, but they cant hate.

BTW: I heard when Al Davis fired Cable he said the Jets, and Oakland had a deal ready(b4 we got Cro) to ship Asomugha to the Jets. I havent confirmed this, because I cant watch the entire Al Davis press conference due to not wanting him to take my soul.

#22 JfaulkNYJ, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  3. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

revis + aso + cro = the father the son and the holy spirit

4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I don't remember a big build up for Jenkins or Edwards. Favre I think I felt pretty good about but don't really remember.

I know I was on the Taylor and Tomlinson bandwagon the day they broke while, especially Taylor because that just made too much sense at the time once you got over the fact that Taylor played for the Dolphins. This doesn't feel like Favre, Taylor, or Tomlinson. All of that felt like the Jets had a reasonable shot the entire time.

Tanny is the only reason that I won't completely write something like this off. I have seen people write stuff off only to have them look like complete idiots. With that being said, I really don't see this one happening or even being that seriously pursued by the Jets.

Oh and just for my new sig's purposes. It is still far away from being realistic.

5. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

That was my concern as well, but to quote that article yet again:

So I'm guessing it's all being done in a tongue-in-cheek style that nobody will consider serious tampering. I imagine a lot of off-the-record negotiations happen that way in sports.

6. grayburn

grayburn Member

Waste of money, if our safeties and linebackers cannot cover tight ends and runningbacks and we cannot get a pass rush.

7. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I tend to agree. I'd much rather go after Ed Reed should he become available

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I understand Tanny has made things happen in the past that we didn't expect were possible, but this one just seems so far out in left field considering our current situation I'm going to write it off as meaningless offseason speculation.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'd believe that line of thinking if I was thinking about your traditional defensive format, but since Rex got here he has been heavy heavy in the cornerback department, especially the idea of having 2 lockdown corners to free up the blitz, and I think the idea was to totally shut down 3 receivers - including the slot - Rex's checkmate to the league's tendency toward promoting the passing game.

But at this point, Kyle Wilson would be a gaping hole in that philosophy. He just isn't even close to being there. Using hindsight, if we had drafted McCourty, I might agree with you. But the only way I see us going Wilson at 2CB is if we sign a FA pass rusher and draft 2 more. We'd get killed by the passing game. I think Aso is the guy that Rex wanted all along, and I also think that Cro may have been a stopgap, however costly, to get to that goal.

I mean seriously, we all know that the Jets have now given up a 2 to the Chargers for Cro. But if they cut him loose in favor of Nnamdi - who would blame them?

#29 abyzmul, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

get off my dick.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

uh, I'm pretty sure soxxx gets credit for that one bud.

12. ........

........ Trolls

This. Sign Woodley or Hali, cut Thomas, draft a developmental OLB who can immediately help on passing downs, and solidify the future at the position. We've got one year before it becomes feasible to cut Pace, which makes him renegotiable at that point.

Fuck this thread.

13. ........

........ Trolls

Ed Reed is not becoming available unless he pulls a Brett Favre and Oakland resigns Landry/Zbikowski while he pretends to be retired. Want to bank on that?

14. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

This is turning into another Randy Moss thing. The annual, "Get Asomugha" thread.

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

shit I forgot.

There is no original thought, only stealing from soxxx.

16. The Notorious J.E.T.S

Such language is not appropriate inside a Temple.

17. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

ding ding ding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding dingding ding

yes!

18. The Notorious J.E.T.S

But Woodley loves the Steelers and the Steelers love Woodley.

Stop praising false idols.

19. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

That was last year.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

No, my friend. I believe Nnamdi Fever is going to be the new Ty Law. Because it will last forever, because there is no CBA.