Jets select LB Lorenzo Mauldin in 3rd round

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, May 1, 2015.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Every time I start watching highlight videos and getting excited it ends up being a massive disapointment.I did that with Sanchez,Pryor,Millner,Gholston,and many others

2. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

and my argument was just made by someone just saying they want to ignore you, but ok

3. dvince89

dvince89 Member

You have given up on Pryor after 16 games in which he was played out of position?

b.reyes16 likes this.
  4. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

5. LongIslandBlitz

Someone I never new exsisted until 2 minutes ago.I'm not here to be liked by everyone

Diabolical_Jet_Fan likes this.
  6. LongIslandBlitz

Not all all but when you buy into the hype after watching Highlight reels your expectations rise to high and you expect to see something close to that at times.I rather not watch them unless its a QB

legler82 likes this.
  7. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

For the record, I'd like you to go away too

NoodleArm, Jetaho, alleycat9 and 3 others like this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

My perception is that many of the folks here that are shitting all over this pick literally don't know fuck all about the player, in fact they probably never, ever even heard of him. I for one will admit total ignorance, but I trust that MM did do due diligence.

Further, after reading about his character, commitment and background, I can help but think we are going to get 1000% from him. He might be the Underdog that makes it big. Unlike some of these talented turds with nothing but on and off the field problems where you never know what you are going to get from them.

greenbeanz and Walt White like this.
  9. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

I LOVE this pick too... I cant think of a better type of player for our team and for bowles stlye then someone like this kid. SUPER emotional player. plays with so much relentlessness. gotta love having hard working, leader type, high motor players on a team that is going to play aggressive and look to intimidate the other team. with the dline we have mauldin is gonna get 1 on 1s, and he obliterated 1 on 1s. and the intagables are real. the guy is going to inspire others to play

MikeSLTJ23 likes this.
  10. jerseyjay14

i dont think they would have taken harold over him if they had the choice.

11. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree, I'll take less athleticism but with a high end motor 99% of the time.

alleycat9 and b.reyes16 like this.
  12. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Dudes a fkn wildman, wow. Good size. If the guy can play it's just a mad, ferocious front.

I just saw his nickname online "Predator" haha

[​IMG]

13. jerseyjay14

ignore the 40 time. mauldin certainly provides speed off the edge. you dont have to run 40 yards to get to the QB. you just need to be quick and close 5-6 yards to get to the QB. terrell suggs also had a 4.85 40 time. he can certainly kill it off the edge.

watch the film on him. he can close on the qb as good as most in this draft.

14. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

a guy on bleacherreport couldn't stop gushing about this pick and gave it an A

matt miller compared him to barkevious mingo as well

15. jerseyjay14

so instead you are going to write the guy off cause you know nothing about him?

stinkyB and alleycat9 like this.
  16. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Man you really are Mr. Sunshine every time you post. I'm sure there is a reason so many draft pundits have Mauldin pegged as a quality pick for the Jets.

Seems like Louisville has a lot of these inspiration stories. Bilal Powell had a pretty cool story and has been a great character person for the Jets since coming to us.

17. Walt White

Oh, poor baby.

Jets4eva9011 likes this.
  18. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

He doesn't have to have superior physical gifts, a non-stop motor combined with our d-line eating up double teams inside puts him in a lot of one-on-ones with RBs and TEs. Quickness, power, determination, and just sheer force of will gets you to the QB in that situation, and this kid looks like he has those qualities to spare. It would be hard to see him not succeeding as a pass rusher. Now how good he is at run stopping, don't know yet. So take that into account, Pace on 1st and 2nd, and Mauldin as a SPR sound like a winner for now. And lets see what he develops into, hopefully an every down OLB in a year or two.

19. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

He's probably not as big of a name guy and I personally didn't know much about him but I'm liking what I'm reading so far. I would have preferred to stay at our spot and get Harold since I don't really care for 7th rounders and even the 5th rounder isn't anything to jump for joy over. But, ultimately, I like what I'm hearing about him and considering his work ethic I'm sure he'll have no issue playing on special teams and earnings his way, same with Smith as well so we are improving our ST through the draft as well. Not that that should be a primary focus, it's more of a nice bonus.

20. Walt White

That's great. In the pre-game huddle Pryor is right there as Mauldin is goin' off. Good stuff

Hope springs eternal....

Go Jets!!!