Jets Season Ticket List

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Drew

Drew Active Member

Okay, so I signed up for the waiting list in November.

I just got the fucking e-mail this morning saying I'm in for this year. What a joke. I wish I wasn't going on vacation next month or I'd be doing it. Now it's really hard. I'm going to try.

2. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

They have officially burned through the entire wait list.

They better hope a lot of these people buy tickets for 2009 AND the PSL's + tickets for 2010 or else they are going to be in a lot of trouble.

This is exactly why the company my family has gotten tickets from since I was 7 is giving up the tickets and why when I got this email 2 weeks ago, I ignored it. We are using the seats in Section 124 in 2009 and then we are going to play the waiting game to see how many morons fork over the $ for PSL's.

There are going to be plenty of seats available and hopefully nobody will pay a PSL forcing the Jets to put them out there without a PSL cost.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Everybody's a WINNER!!! The Jets season ticket wait list has become the Special Olympics.

4. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Maybe the Jets can sell the naming rights for the new stadium to the Giants, that'll bail them out.

5. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

:rofl:

The sad thing is they still don't have a company willing to pay for the naming rights and they only have 2 of the 4 gates sponsored too.

They better get moving or the schmucks who forefitted the $ for PSL's ticket prices will be increasing in 2010 and there will be NOTHING that they can do about it.

All these people paying $10,000 for two lower level endzone-ish seats with $125 per ticket per game are in for a rude awakening (and not just them, I'm just using them as an example as if I were to keep my seats into 2010 I would be in that group). The Jets in 2010 can easily say okay, we are upping prices from $125 to $175 and you can't do anything about it because your PSL's are not refundable and you must buy tickets each year to keep your seats.

PSL's are a joke when two teams share a stadium.

6. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

just sent my tix rep an email asking what now that the waitlist is exhausted?

cant wait to hear this lie

7. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

They'll start calling Met fans.

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

this is just mind boggling! Can anyone tell me if the Giants filled the upper bowl yet? I thought that I had read that they did? I also had read that they too exhausted their waiting list--any info?

9. 17a_tailgater

everything except the coaches club behind the giants bench and the mid field mezz are still available. everythiing else is sold out
    http://www.nyg2010.com/

10. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

this is great for me, as i want endzone mezz psl next year..

11. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

Can't say I'm suprised. I went from 12 seats for my family to 2... and we went from section 132 to 340. No PSL $ for me.

12. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Did anybody from the waitlist who just purchased Season Tix get additional e-mails with subject headings like "Your Season Tickets are Waiting" or "Manny the Client Rep from NY Jets"??

I already purchased the tickets, and got email confirmations that the payment was processed, etc. So why are they still e-mailing me? Also, why is the "Manage My Tickets" link on my account page greyed out / unclickable?

When do they usually mail out the tickets? They say "end of July," which is not very precise. Thing is I am probably moving to a new place July 31 so it would help to be able to ensure they have the most up-to-date address for this purpose.

13. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Important Info About Jets Tickets

So according to Jets, when they call your year it is not exactly in the order you bought your tickets, it is by year and the section, most expensive section then senority. So for example if you were the first person to buy Mezz tickets in 2006 when they call the 2006 people for PSLs or if any are left 300 seats you would be called first regardless if people in lower end zone or 300's were ahead of you. Another important thing to note they will run out of 300 seats before most season ticket holders from last ten years get called. However, having 2009 season ticket still helps as you will have the choice buy an expensive psl or get on new waiting list for 300 tickets. People who gave up seats for 2009 after having season tickets for ten years move to back of line on waiting list for 300 seats while a brand new 2009 season ticket holder is towards the front.

Also very weird thing happened this year. When I was notified on June 9th to buy season tickets as I was one of the lowest numbers it turns out starting on June 9th anyone on waiting list could have bought. Other weird thing is bought two front row tickets in Mezz sideline on day one and thought I scored, turns out I was checking it every day and new tickets kept popping up some better than mine. So a week later I bought a second pair lower sideline in section 130 row one. I am trying to sell my Mezz tickets to someone. What stinks is I had to shell out for four tickets when I wanted two. Even today the jets have run through whole waiting list and good tickets are unsold, they have a single ticket right in lower sideline 111 and a pair in the Mezz on the sideline. That is after they ran through whole list.

Even crazier the jets did not offer the existing fans a chance to move down. Since they call by year and price of seat, someone in the 300's who was on bubble of keeping seat in 300's in new stadium with out a PSL just had to move to the Mezz for 2009 and since line is based on senority AND price of seat they would have moved up.

Lots of section 300 fans thought staying in 300's this year would help them in new stadium while it would have been better to move down.

The whole process was very confusing. I am very happy with my 130 row one seats but I may have trouble selling my row one mezz sideline seats.

The jets should have put up best seats first for fans but they did not, even this week I saw new seats go up that was better than last week. They also should have offered better seats to exisiting fans and explained the benefit of moving closer to the field.

14. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Forget the stadium looking empty in 2010...that shit sounds like it's gonna be half-empty in 2009.

15. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

you can manager your account until they mail tickets in late july and ticket exchange opens up, but they leave the link to buy more tickets active!!!

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

HA HA loved this message the Jets sent me.

I wanted to reach out to see if you might have an interest in a New York Jets luxury suite for our final season here at the current stadium. For 75k, you have sixteen tickets to all ten Jets games as well as the right of first refusal to use the suite for all other ticketed events. I might even be able to get that number down towards 65k if you only want the football games and are willing to relinquish your rights to purchase the other events (U2, Springsteen, AC/DC, etc…) Let me know if you think this would be something of interest. Thanks.

GO JETS!!!

Jeffrey Petracca
    Business Development
    New Meadowlands Stadium

17. harewego

harewego New Member

Surprising no one mentioned the $500 deposit

As a 20+ year 4 tkt 300 sec holder, I was surprised my first email from the Jets stated that I might not have the opportunity to the new stadium Non-PSL. Sure enough, come July 1st I get the call from the NY Jets offering upper bowl seats. (4 or them).

However, even after 20+ years of sending in my check always before May 1st. (and of course during the HESS era, before May 15th.), they insist on a $500 deposit per seat to "hold"... lol...

Now, I was laughing so hard I forgot to tell the rep that I only kept 2 of my 4 seats for this year, yet I was offered 4 non-psl.
    With that said, I told the rep. to hold on so I can think about it. Opps, forgot to get back to him...

This season, no more sneaking beers, food, or anything illegal substance, I'm getting a battery operated Dremel and will slowly take apart my seats to make up for the $$$$$$ for all of past season....

18. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

when did they contact you, are you a 1989 season ticket holder? They have cash flow problems which is why they want the $500. The shady part is you give them the $500 on an interest free loan for one year yet they are lending it out to people buying PSLs at 8% a year.

I even heard that by the time they get to 2007-2009 season ticket holders if they have not sold enough PSLs they may lower prices or give other enticements. Imagine how mad that might make earlier purchasers.

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

if they would have lowered the PSL PRICE in the first place they would have easily sold many many many seats!
    Hey 17 A thanks for the info on the G MEN , I read it and saw what you posted.

20. 17a_tailgater

it wasnt the PSL so much the $400-$700 ticket price.its just not reasonable.when i sat in the last row of the mezz about the 10 yard line it was really good seats being ive been in the uppers this whole time.but $400 for a game tix?????? i would rather buy airfare with that