Jets Season Ticket List

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Jun 29, 2009.

1. kinggofg

kinggofg Active Member

I think you guys are overthinking the new blood. Season tickets have been available on stubhub and ebay for below face for all of the last 3 years (with a few months of exception after Favre was anounced)... So I suspect any new blood was already getting tickets.

Season tickets might not even sell out this year.

Remeber the empty stands late season 2 years ago? Expect more of the same this year unless we start winning fast.

2. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

yeah, i have been, it's kind of eventually come to this point for me.....I guess you could question my committment, since making it to 8 games per season is generally out of the question for me anyway........but that's really all the more reason to dump them......I think what I was referring to was that it's a long term decision for me ...i.e i was always sort of thinking of it in terms of having something to pass along to my son.............and when I knew that I wasn't going to bite on the new stadium deal (which I basically knew when the West side Stadium got shot down)........This was just the eventuality. Besides, I don't know about you guys, but on LI these days it's pretty tough to get people to even want to go to the games.........

3. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

It's cool man, like I said, it's totally understandable with the new stadium being built. It's already costed a lot of people to give up their tickets, so ur not alone in thinking the same way. I'm actually from LI, but I'm still (sorta) young, and I'm looking to establish tickets for the long run so I have something to share with my kids down the line. We'll see how it works out tho.

Like you said, as long as you're able to create that tailgate atmosphere you should be good watching it from home. All the fun, minus the traffic and late cleanup. Nice.

4. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

oh and by the way....weren't you the one who said you would buy mine last year, then backed out ; )

you owe me dibs on any games you're not going to next season!

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Good post, and let's take it one step further. Season tickets have always been available for far less than face. Take it from me, I've been a STH for 25 years. People have to bail out for various reasons... either on the season or on the games. There will always be tickets available for under face. This is true (amazingly) even in winning years. You can imagine how bad it gets in losing seasons. How about $20 in the parking lot for Mezzanine Seats that originally cost $120?

If we start "winning fast," as Kinggofofg states, maybe... MAYBE, you get face value or slightly above, but don't really count on that. Most of the time, ticket resales are losers.

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Sorry for the late reply guys,,,I was in 333 I had asked to be moved downstairs (lower level) between the 20's if possible. They told me that there "was nothing available where I had asked to be moved " but offered me a bunch of available sections. All of them were around the goaline 107, 105,115 even 215 ,,anyways I took 107 (close to where we tailgate) . I am happy that I was able to move but I would have much preferred getting closer to midfield , as I said I was never offered that option.

7. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

I only bought a single in 111 a little below the 20th row so I guess it is not covered, happy to be at the end of the aisle a little more space. I contacted the Jets and they will include right of first refusal for playoff tickets and I would be contacted in Sept about next year. I am not unhappy about sitting by myself since I have friends in 115 who have had tickets since Shea and 332. My first game was in 1994 (fake spike game no less) and have been picking up tickets or buying from friends when they were available.

Better that I sit there than have other teams fans or a broker pick up the ticket. PSL fee for next year possibly but probably not, I will have to wait and see. Though I may be able to get a single in the uppers. Gotta be there for the first game.

I hope many of the long time STH don't need therapy after all of this, but it is a business and they can't make 30k plus accounts happy all of the time.

Here's to a great last season in the stadium let's finally break the curse. The good old days they will not return.

Enjoy the 4th, be safe and most of all have a good time.

8. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

Petrozza, you can get the 10 seats vacated by my family lol. We used to have 12, but everybody dropped out except me and my dad. Lots of people are so annoyed with being forced into crappier seats (realistically, nobody can afford psl's midfield in the lower level now) that they decided they'd rather buy a big screen tv and watch it from their living room in HD.

9. Borntolose

Borntolose New Member

Me and my family have season tickets in section 328. There is a bunch of rowdy Jets fans who sit in that section they wear funny shit and act nuts its hilarious the view ain't too bad either definetly recommend gettin tickets near there.

10. coorslightcans

interesting to say the least bros.....i put my name on the waiting list about 2 years ago,when i sensed my bro-in laws frustration and constant complaining about the cost. anyway i recieved the pamphelt in the mail today that says....after years of waiting now its your turn.

the link is a ticketmaster link. it doesnt recognize my e-mail account i used when i went on the waiting list. i called the ticket office and they are closed until monday 9am.

i sense an all out ticket sales blitz going on to anyone who will buy them. something is not right. anyone else sense something is wrong in woodyland.

#110 coorslightcans, Jul 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  11. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

I have been on the list for about 4 months, got the email. However, I already bought season tickets on stubhub.

12. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

So if We pass on this are we now going to be on the bottom of the list again? Also if we did buy them this year we will probably lose them due to the guys moving up due to psl's correct?

13. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I'm in 328 also.

14. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

It is sad that the Jets are going to burn through their entire waiting list and STILL have PSL seats available before next season. Ultimately they will be bought, by corporations and given out to their clients. Of course, after October, those seats will NEVER be full unless we are 6-2 or better entering November.

Instead of 20,000 empty seats, we'll see 40,000.

15. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

True, problem is they are pricing out the average fan. I had season tix since 1995 when they were $25 a seat. I had 4 seats...this past year they were $80 seat. I gave up my seats this year because next year if I had the same seats, big IF, they would be $125 per seat. And that's without the PSL.

Sorry, they Jets priced me out of seats for this year and the forseeable future. It's cheaper for me to get Directv and watch my Jets.

16. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Funny, I started in 1995 as well. I have sat in the same section (124) since 1998 and this will be my final season as a Season Ticket Holder. Not enough seniority to move up to the Upper's and I simply cannot afford $10,000 a seat, plus $125 per ticket (I have two seats), plus the fact that I guarentee parking will be going up, PLUS the Jets could raise the ticket prices at anytime from $125 to $225 and there is nothing you can do about it since you have the PSL. Nothing. And if you give up your tickets, you lose your PSL and get no refund.

Its a shitty situation. I am going to enjoy this season as much as possible and then turn into the fan who buys 2 or 3 home games a year and does 2 or 3 road trips. I already do all home games (obviously) and the road game in New England, I'll just add on another road trip or two and I will always buy tickets to the Miami, New England & Buffalo games in the Meadowlands.

17. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

I have NEVER been to a football game, anywhere, and not purchased tickets in the parking lot. There is never a sold out game in the true sense ...Sold Out means, they sold all tickets, but scalpers and the average Joe, who had a fight with his girlfriend the night before, will have tickets on gameday to sell.

I will continue to support my beloved Jets, but not the corporate structure that runs them.

18. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I have DirecTV, it's worth getting the NFL package. You never again have to look at what games the networks are going to show you or switch to, or hope the Giants are on Monday Night or whatever.

When the Jets are away this year I'll be getting some BBQs going with friends, doing the "tailgate" right out back in view of the flat screen. Pretty much a prelude to what it will be every week starting next season when I'm totally priced out of the games.

19. Dan

Dan Member

So, if the Jets don't sell out will the games be blacked out for local TV?

NFL blackout policy

In the NFL, any broadcaster that has a signal that hits any area within a 75-mile (120 km) radius of an NFL stadium may only broadcast a game if that game is a road game, or if the game sells out 72 hours or more before the start time for the game.[5] If sold out in less than 72 hours, or is close to being sold out by the deadline, the team can sometimes request a time extension. Furthermore, broadcasters with NFL contracts are required to show their markets' road games. Sometimes if a game is very close to selling out, but not quite there, a broadcaster with rights to show the nearly sold out game will buy the remaining tickets (and give them to local charities) so it can broadcast the game (usually, this would involve no more than a few hundred tickets because of cost). Other teams elect to close off sections of their stadium, but cannot sell these tickets for any game that season if they choose to do so.[6] As a result, if the home team's game is a Sunday day game both networks can air only one game each in that market. (Until 2001, this rule applied whether or not the game was blacked out, however, this was changed because some markets virtually never aired doubleheaders as a result.) Usually, but not always, when each network can show only one game each in a market, the two stations work out between themselves which will show an early game and which will show a late game. This only affects the primary market, and not markets in a 75-mile (121 km) radius, which always get a doubleheader each Sunday.

The NFL blackout is considered to be detrimental to financially struggling teams. For instance, most notably, the Los Angeles Rams were unable to sell-out their home games during their last years in that city, so a blackout further robbed the franchise of potential revenue and alienated remaining fans.

20. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

http://www.nypost.com/seven/0703200..._sees_big_bucks__fans_miss_history_177410.htm

They changed the rules regarding the turf on the field for the Patriots, why not?

NYPost 7/3

"Incidentally, when the Giants and Jets don't sell out because of their PSL ticket extortions, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell will be forced to change the TV blackout rules rather than risk the New York market. And he'll claim that the bad economy is to blame. But Giants and Jets patrons have remained through previous hard times. The economy will be blamed for the NFL's greed."