Jets' Ryan not giving up the Gholston ghost

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KBJET, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Scottso

Scottso Member

I agree with you, except for the fact that this is a make or break year for Gholston. Last year he was learning a new position, and a new defense. This year he will have to learn a new defense again. So if he can get on the field this year and contribute, maybe he can grow off of that. Meaning if he is a situational player this year, I would be satisfied with that as my hope would be that he would continue to develop as a linebacker.

2. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Right on the money tis post.
    Overwhemed is the word I was trying to think of yesteday , 100% correct

3. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Look at experienced players like Pace and Rhodes, they looked lost undr Mangini's ridiculous scheming and defensive play book.

Gholston has something which is his athleticism, if they can coach his ball skills we will have a player.

He is still very young and with the right coaching can make it

4. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

Yep, Rhodes looked pretty confused under Mangini. Especially when compared to his career years in '06 and '07, when he played under...

...Hmm.

5. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

Gholston has always had ability. He has only been lacking in heart and a wanting to play football. If Ryan is correct, the want is there. Now, all Ryan has to do is teach him the right schemes and put him in the right situations to make his abilities shine. Ryan is a defensive genius, so if anyone can make this happen, he can. And if Gholston wants it, I think he'll get it :)