Jets rip Tebow according to Manish

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Diddy, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Or blasting Sanchez with a couple of head shots... oh wait that was Von Miller.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Cheapshots too.

Do you remember the hit in the Colts playoff game, the first time, that Sanchez handed the ball off to the RB and waited maybe 1/5-2 seconds clearly without the ball and DL came off the edge and blindsided him? No call obviously because somehow no ref had peripheral vision and missed this. Rex was furious . Sorry for the off topicness but that always lingers in my mind. What a blown call.

Anyways end of story, Tebow played well at the end of the game but nowhere singlehandedly beat the Jets. Just as he didn't singlehandedly lose any games for the Broncos or the Jets for any morons who try to argue that.

3. Bannon

Bannon New Member

NO! I couldn't care less about just correcting a figure of speech. I might disagree with you, and give my reasons why, but I wouldn't go "SEE, this is hard evidence that you hate Tebow and people hate Tebow!!" It's a stretch to hang that much on it.

That drive against the Jets was as close to "singlehandedly" as it gets in football -- it's just a figure of speech. If I said Tom Brady "shredded" a team, I don't need to hear back, "You mean the 11 guys on the offense teamed up to perform a joint shredding." Loose speech is allowed on the internet.

4. Bannon

Bannon New Member

To be literal, no one in football has ever "singlehandedly" done anything. Ever. It's a figure of speech like when people say someone "carried his team on his back." It is not literal. It is what is called hyperbole.

5. displacedfan

I wasn't the one that said "See look at this". I just mocked whoever originally said singlehandedly and the guy trying to defend that.

Again, the guy just posted singlehandedly, not a drive in the game, just in general singlehandedly. Of course I'm gonna mock that just like I'm going to mock anybody who says Sanchez carried the Jets to the playoffs (looking at 2 posters in general that I enjoy arguing with)

Your Brady analogy is off. It would be accurate if I said "No Tebow used two hands to catch the snap, not just 1!" :smile:

6. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Oh -- if that's all you were doing, then I have no problem. If it's important to you that people be correct, and understand that it was not singlehandedly, fine.

But if you think it signifies anything whatsoever significant about Tebow, his fans, or the hype around Tebow, if you draw any other conclusion from it than just that it is overstated, then you are wrong do so. That is when it always goes to far -- when people have a "Twitter" mentality about Tebow, thinking that internet crap is some sort of real problem facing the Jets.

7. displacedfan

I mean this is what the crux of the whole Tebow problem is with fans against and for him. You have people on one side praising him for everything and neglecting the team around him and you have people on the other side ripping him for everything and neglecting the team around him. It's why people get frustrated listening to the few on the other side that do this. Hence the frustration of mine when people start exaggerating and putting everything on Tebow and the same frustration of yours when certain people blame everything on Tebow. These people are the smallest minority of fans but they are the loudest and most out there so they stick in your head when thinking of a player

8. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

I'm going to guess Cromartie is the defensive starter mentioned. He was vocal on twitter before the trade saying the Jets didn't need Tebow. He's also an all-around bone-head.

9. Bannon

Bannon New Member

No question it was Cromartie. He's been taking shots at him for a while -- he's a Seminole, and though he didn't play against him, there was a lot of trash talk and angst in the Gator/Seminole rivalry. The Gators went 4-0 against the Noles during Tebow's time, and in particular Geno Hayes got caught up in a major media swarm when he said Tebow wasn't good. (Tebow crushed them in that game. Though I promise I will not say it was singlehanded).

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He was sent here to pay for their sins............

11. Bannon

Bannon New Member

The Geno Hayes flap seemed really big at the time. Seems tame now.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't think Cro would hide behind an anonymous quote. He doesn't give a shit.

13. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I don't blame them for not wanting to talk about it, don't want to say something stupid again. Cromartie needs to start talking because the media sharks are going circling around him. People are accusing him as an unnamed source and they will not stop bothering him until he say I was it or not.

#473 Diddy, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  14. displacedfan

That's a good point. He just told everybody to kiss his ass last week so yeah

15. Bannon

Bannon New Member

We don't know when he said it. It could have been a rant growing out of that time (frustrated at being asked about it), and he said "Don't say I said that" or something.

16. catfish

catfish New Member

I think there is a very real chance that the quotes listed in this article weren't made any time recently. Slauson says his quotes were a combintation of things he said 3 weeks ago and during training camp. There is a very real chance that Manish asked a player how Tebow looked 3rd day of camp and the guy said "terrible"

17. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

You really think Cromartie doesn't like Tebow because he went to Florida?

18. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I might sound crazy but another dumb D starter is Landry. He could be the unnamed source.

19. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

The more I'm thinking about it, the more I think this reporter just wanted to hear his name mentioned. It seems fairly odd that he would release all of this stuff now...

Honestly, and crucify me if you want, but I actually believe Rex in this situation in regards to the locker room looking better. His and Tebow's response makes me think that this was stuff said months ago instead of now.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It couldn't be because he thinks Tebow is a terrible QB so their has to be another reason. This is how these guys think.