Jets resigned Aaron Maybin (9/28)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Nesquik, Aug 17, 2011.

1. blitzboy54

blitzboy54 New Member

Bills fan here,

To answer your question Yes.... yes he is.

Dude looks like a WR or safety. I have been to camp a half a dozen times since last year. He looks out of place. He has a tiny little waist. I genuinely feel bad for him. He didn't know he was a terrible football player. Total waste of a draft pick.

#41 blitzboy54, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  2. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

he parted with it because rex knows what hes given up in the past for a turkey sandwich (like he has probably been in an airport and given a kid a rolex for a turkey sandwich)

3. ........

........ Trolls

He's not competition for Westerman.

4. ........

........ Trolls

To be fair, by the end the Bills were just trying to get ANYTHING out of him. The bar was dropped about as far as it could be and he still tripped over it.

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

No risk here. He is just going to be a .05 guy anyhow. Maybe the Jets can develop him. Lord know the Jets need something out of their OLB's.

6. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

true. idk i guess i just have a lot of faith in rex to get something out of this kid.

so when do you think his first camp fight is? you know rex is firing up guys to take a shot at him

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Rex Ryan is obviously likes to set aside a roster spot for St. Jude.

8. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

Penn State fan checking in here.

Maybin is obviously a low risk pickup here, who may not even make the team, but I think it's a good signing. I actually wish we signed him for longer because his biggest issue is the inability to keep weight on... it's a big if, but if he can add even 15 lbs in the next year, that might be enough to make him good role player. He either needs time to add weight, or he needs a smart defensive coach to find a role for him.

Granted, a lot has changed since his PSU days, but Maybin is a high character, hard working player with good physical ability. He had the fastest first step I ever saw in college, and he never gave up on plays. He really was a relentless player. He just doesn't seem to have a position that fits him. I think he has the potential to see the field as a pass rusher in passing downs.

He is also very young. He left PSU after his redshirt sophmore season. There are rookies in the NFL that are older than he is right now.

I hope he makes it though camp because I really do think he's got enough upside to be a contributer.

9. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

if this was fb i would like this post

10. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

LOL, those pics are brilliant! They all look like they just entered a room and saw Chris Hansen.

11. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

It may not be risky in terms of cost, but ever snap he gets is one less one of the Jets' young LBers get. They've already talked about Jason Taylor taking away from the snaps (and development) that Westermann got last year. Why would they want to repeat that with a guy who is too small to play LB and too slow to be effective? It also wastes the coaches' time that they could be spending on their young players making them better.

In addition, the real need is for depth on the OL not another project OLB. I swear, sometimes, I think Tanny has no idea what he's doing.

12. ramjet29

ramjet29 New Member

The Jets also apparently aren’t concerned with Maybin’s drastic weight loss (according to the Daily News, he went from 250 pounds to 228 after dealing with pneumonia before training camp), and he’s already back up to 242 pounds.

13. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Maybin sucks, another camp body. If we get any production out of him, awesome

14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

:rofl: You guys are killing me with this thread. "Blank stares", "Watching you masturbate", "Turkey sandwiches", LOL

I figure it's time for Rex to pull a rabbit on one of these moves, so why not? The dude will need to change that hairstyle now. Shave the sides at least.

15. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

yeah you're right... the guy who put together the roster (and had a hand in hiring the coach) that saw the team reach back to back AFCCG has no idea what he's doing...

let's fire Tanny and hire klecko. He knows what we need!

in total seriousness, how do you know tanny and the staff aren't kicking the tires on some OL depth? we could be contacting a bunch of different guys, trying to find the right fit for us right now. The news about turner broke barely 24 hours ago. relax. Tanny will find a way to make things happen...

16. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

AaronMaybin,blankstare?

17. ........

........ Trolls

Let's be perfectly honest, here. You're still bitter he signed Holmes.

18. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

[​IMG]

19. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

As with any training camp fodder signing I have no real opinion of this.

20. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Do you realize what you just said??

Knee jerk, assinine reaction.