Jets resigned Aaron Maybin (9/28)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Nesquik, Aug 17, 2011.

1. facepalm allstars

A chance then fine but he is still less talented than gjolston and accomplished less on an inferior team than gholston, if a more talented guy couldn't do it on your defense, which on sorry to say is more light years ahead of ours, how csn maybin? I can't see him more than a camp body

2. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Jets have a dick load more of talent on defense than the Bills do. He may be able to contribute in a nice way here.

3. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

How could anyone accomplish less then Gholston.

4. facepalm allstars

But Vernon was more talented so how can Aaron do more even with your defense? I know its good I'm not disputing that. I also can't see a 228 lb olb beasting out your o line in practice either

5. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

Gholston had 2 years under Rex and the coaching staff to improve and be "coached up".
    He failed, so he's gone.

That doesn't mean Maybin has the same exact personality and brain as Gholston, right? Perhaps he actually will seize the opportunity for playing time, and will respond to the coaching staff. The Jets FO must feel he still has upside as an athletic 23-year-old.

6. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

As I posted in the Twitter thread, from RichCimini:

Bart Scott tweaks Bills. On ex-Bills bust A. Maybin: "He served a hard, 2-year sentence in Buffalo and just got his release papers." #Jets

7. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

You answered your own question. Gholston had no desire to play football IMHO. He's just trying to get as much money he can while putting minimal wear and tear on his body.

At least Maybin has some desire, or so it seems. If you have any desire at all, Rex will find a way to use you in this defense. On a loaded defense, Maybin will not be asked to do much other than get to the QB off the edge.

8. facepalm allstars

But Aaron had two years in buffalo and all the chances in the world. Don't et me wrong I actually hope he makes your roster so we have a better chance of beating you this year but unless ur gonna play him at safety, he's not doing anything at 228 man

9. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Why was Gholston "more talented"? Because he flashed once or twice in college and has a freakish body?

And for the record, Maybin came in to Jets camp at 242 and plans to get back up to 255. He's already getting pressure on the QB in practice as well.

10. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

long answer: read the 247 posts prior to yours.
    short answer: people have mixed feelings. you should probably read the 247 posts prior to yours to see what i'm talking about.

11. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

he weighs 240. we have stellar cover corners. Maybin is fast enough when we bring numbers with the blitz. i'm not saying he is going to be outstanding, but i actually think he can make a couple plays on a few snaps.

12. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

Oh, you mean the 2 years where the team won 6 and 4 games? With a new head coach every couple of months?

On an actual legitimate, respectable team maybe Maybin can accomplish something. Given a second chance, and finally out of NFL Siberia, hopefully he relishes his the opportunity and earns playing time as an addition on passing downs.
    And he's not 228. Pay attention.

13. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Facepalm is asking why the jets picked him up but refuses to acknowledge any of the answers.

This guy is trololololin

14. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

yeah, I remember at either the final game of the season the stadium gave Gholston and ovation for making a tackle.......

15. Montana

Montana Member

How can so many people continue posting/tweeting that Maybin is 228......when it's been posted/tweeted/reported about 10 times as often that he's now over 240?

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

17. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Nevermind, I missed a whole page.

18. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Nice user name............

And we have all seen that play already

19. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

I like this signing. If anything it gives us something else to watch for the second half of the game this week.