Jets resign Josh McCown

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NOVAJET, Mar 13, 2018.

1. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

Both Bridgewater and Mccown are signed for 1yr deals.... obviously bridge QBs. A QB at the #6 is still in play.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

I don't want to trade up....hoping Allen or Rosen falls to us....

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The sky will fall on the Jets if we stay at 6..Watch out for Buffalo ! They are loading up on picks Denver may want a QB too and try to move up even with Case K

Move up to 3 ..give it our best shot ..ya never know what other teams will do Draft Day

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Why do the Jets hate me?

5. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Whoever wins the open competition in camp......o_O

6. TonyFtLaud

I wanted Cousins but your missing a very important point. Cousins was only looking for 3 years. That does nothing at all for the future. Bridgewater for a year,McCown for a year and a QB in the draft saves close to $60 million over Cousin's 3 years and if the right QB is drafted gives us a QB for alot more than 3 years.
    Now before you say we're just going to draft the wrong QB, we would have still drafted that same QB if Cousins was signed on a short deal.

7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

What competition?

Report: Jets inform Josh McCown he will start ā€“ ProFootballTalk
    10 hours ago

The Jets signed Josh McCown to a one-year deal, and they remain interested in Teddy Bridgewater and possibly in drafting a quarterback. However, the Jets guaranteed McCown the starting job before he agreed to the $10 million deal, Calvin Watkins of Newsday reports.

McCown, who turns 39 in July, could provide a stopgap for the team if they draft a quarterback in the first round.

Despite his 5-8 record last season, McCown posted a 94.5 passer rating with 18 touchdowns and nine interceptions. He has started more than nine games in a season only three times, including 13 last season.

8. TonyFtLaud

Considering the QBs on the roster at the time were Hack and Petty, Of course he was guaranteed to start. If Bridgewater or a Rookie outplays him, they will start.
    Plus consider the source.

9. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

10. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

There will be no competition.

McCown will be the starter. The question becomes who comes in once he gets his annual injury. Bridgewater vs. (hopefully) our 1st round QB.

If we don't go QB in Round 1, I give up.

11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I think it's a must as well to go QB. And I think it's a fail if it's not Rosen or Mayfield. I can argue for Action Jackson, but I rather one of the first two.

12. MurrellMartin

I would include Darnold in there, but I think he's going 1 to Cleveland. Him or Allen. If it's Darnold and Allen is still there, Maccagnan might have to be saved from himself.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Jets have a lot of options, Iā€™d like to see the Jets land one of the 4 top QB prospects but I must admit, trading down and selecting a guy like Jackson is very intriguing. Even Rudolph could be an option in a trade down scenario who apparently teams were very impressed by his football iq.

14. Red Menace

I don't understand why guys on this board find it so difficult to see how this regime operates.

They have a known in Mcown, they signed a known in Teddy who is 25, did he sign yet?

They have a developmental QB in Hack, it would not surprise me if they did not choose a QB with the 6th pick.

NCJetsfan, ColoradoContrails and dmw like this.
  15. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I feel it. The Jets are not going to draft a QB in the 1st round. They are going to draft a project QB in the 2nd round. The project won't get any reps in practice. The project will not develop. The project will be a bust...AGAIN!! I hope I'm wrong.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

That's the pattern. They just don't want to take a big swing and get a top QB prospect. I hope I'm wrong this time.

17. Red Menace

All teams want a FQB, the difference with GMs is their philosophy on how to get one, some trade for them, sign them in FA, others draft one and put weapons around them, it's really the philosophy, we have seen and read about Macs approach.

Honestly, does Mac even think about getting high impact players on offense?

I wonder if Barkley fell to the jets would he draft him?

I'm ok with Johnson as a FA signing but again it seems like the attention is going to defensive side of the ball.

Hopefully it changes as FA moves on, but to me it feels like the same old thing from this administration.

NCJetsfan, dogg and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. MurrellMartin

Bridgewater is far from a "known" after not playing a single meaningful snap in 2 years.

If they don't take a QB in Round 1, at the very least Round 2, heads will roll.

19. Red Menace

Bridgewater has not forgotten how to play QB, he was doing ok in an offense that was tailored for AP and had little as far as receivers went.

I'm sure if he's healthy, which is the only question mark there is with him, once he shakes the rust off he will be as good or better than Mcown.

20. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member