Jets reportedly unsure if franchise QB is on their roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mute, Dec 25, 2011.

1. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Getting rid of Sanchez is not the answer at all. You have to give him at least next season to prove himself, but if Manning is willing to come to the Jets, then I don't see how you could pass up on that. However, I don't know how practical it is, and I wouldn't go get him at all costs.

There are too many questions with Sanchez, is he injured or not? (hes still missing wide open targets though), is it the o-line, o.c.? To get rid of him now is ridiculous, unless the Manning deal becomes possible without giving up an arm and a leg because this team has other holes.

I was never a huge schotty hater but to me he has got to go before Sanchez does.

2. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

The article is 100% bogus and a 'a plant' and if you guys had any experience in journalism or knew how a hierarchial structure works in a business (including an NFL team), you'd know this is 100% BS.

3. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

And how many of the NFL QB's with less than 5 years experience do you think are Mensa material ???

4. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Rex and Tanny can say whatever they want, if Woody gets antsy and wants to take a shot at Manning, it will happen. Woody is a businessman and Manning will equal a shitload of PSL's.

Not saying he will, but it wouldn't shock me.

5. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Again folks, really simple as far as Mark's future with the NY jets is concerned. This goes as well, if you bring in a new OC or not.....

Three QB's in camp next year, Mark, a solid veteran, and the rookie McElroy, and everyone starts on an equal footing. In realility, if Scotty stays, Mark should have a huge leg up on both the other QB's as far as system knowlege

Whoever earns the job thru there play and understanding of the old or new system becomes the starter. The next best guy holds the clip board and the third guy you keep developing ...

End of story, if Mark wins out, then we know he was the right kid in the wrong system (if new OC) or he finally made the leap we were all expecting in the fouth year under Schotty.

If McElroy or the Vet beat Mark out we allow him to hold the clip board and see if watching for awhile will improve him playing and understanding over next season. If that development does not occur, then in the 2013 season Mark will be out of football or playing somewhere else....

6. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

I have far more confidence in Mark Sanchez' ability to develop into a top 10 quarterback than I do in Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum to put together a roster that can legitimately contend for a division, conference, or league championship.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets better not be questioning Sanchez future. Tannenbaum is on his 2nd coach and 3rd QB he chose by my count. If it's time for Sanchez to go then Tannenbaum needs to go out the door ahead of him.

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

What's funny is both have imcompetent OC's running the show. Eli is still inconsistent even in year 7. The guy completed 9 freaking passes and was bailed out by Cromartie falling down on his lone TD pass that should have been nothing more then a 1st down. This has probably been Eli's best season statistics wise yet the Giants still need to win Week 17 to make the playoffs. It just goes to show that there are better barometers to gauge a QB then stats.

9. vedmedv

vedmedv Member

An average qb can step in to sanchez' shoes and do the same or better for a lot less money. He will be missed for all of 2 weeks. There are a lot of qbs that can step in and perform with a perfect o line, top notch receivers and all the other things people want him to have. A great qb performs without everything else being perfect.
    Comeback wins? Did anybody watch the denver game when sanchez threw the pick six that let tebow comeback on us?. We should have punted on first down and we would have won.

#149 vedmedv, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Sanchez isn't going anywhere. He has improved each year he's been here and so many people want to throw him aside. This offense was terrible this year, but let's try to remember that its not all on Mark. Our OL sucked, we had no deep threat and our OC is terrible.

11. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

^^^^so agree with this. How many more QBs does everyone want to go through with Schotty. He's been the constant factor for the last 6 years with this so predictable O. My 8 year old son can tell what play is going to be ran every down. Schotty goes then give Sanchez 2 years to show what he's worth.

12. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

I will be done with this franchise if they have a chance of getting Peyton who will give them a chance to get to the superbowl and they won't admit failure with Sanchez like they didn't with Gholtson for 4 freakin years and hope that he pans out and finally develops. Peyton right now even coming off the injury is better then what Sanchez may ever develop into. And as of right now he has not developed, what is your plan keep him for 2 more years to shit the bed setting us back right? you wanna wait 140 years for jets to win the superbowl huh? You can't be a serious Jet fan if you rather have Mark Sanchez who is a miserable Qb the past 3 years(forget potential this isn't Madden) starting rather then a proven veteran starting next year. And by the way if Mark Sanchez fails the next 2 years Rex is out and everyone knows that and we will be searching for the next Bellichek for another 30 years while going thru Manginis.

#152 jetsown22, Dec 26, 2011
  13. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Why the fuck do people think any team besides the Colts will have Peyton, PEYTON MANNING WILL RETIRE A COLT. No way they are going to let the greatest QB to play the game walk away from that organization. I wasn't as down on Schotty as most were until this latest game, he called a terrible game in every way, 68 pass plays? why is that not talked more about then blaming Sanchez for the all around problems on this team. Hes got 2 more years on his contract get a QB minded OC for the next 2 seasons and lets see what we truly have before we cut a QB who is having his best all around season, its ridiculous.

14. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

28 million and Luck say hello. So does Brett Favre who was supposed to retire a Packer. No doubt in my mind Manning will be elsewhere next year. Colts would be retarded not to get Luck.

#154 jetsown22, Dec 26, 2011
  15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I wouldn't be so sure about that if i were you.

16. grumpynyjetsfaninME

why in the bule blazers would the jets fan every think of manning on the team? he cant play in the cold and i bet he looks gay in green.

17. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

So now were comparing Brett favre to Peyton fucking Manning?
    hmm 4 time MVP Peyton Manning best to ever play the position or Brett Favre who it took 20 seasons to get 70k yards. I'd take Peyton any day of the fucking week, were not getting Peyton so stop eating shrooms. Colts will have both Manning and Luck on the roster if they even get the 1st pick. They already paid Manning 25m this year and he didnt take a single snap what makes you think they won't keep him for next year when hes already throwing with good velocity atm.

18. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

This is a knowledgeable post and sets forth a very realistic and historically supportable means of sorting out the QB situation. I agree that Sanchez has reached the point that he has to earn the job.

19. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Why on earth would Manning come here? With his neck problems and our oline, he would get killed. And then you have our OC who will direct Manning to throw short of the first on 3rd downs :rofl2:. It just wouldnt work. Just remember how Favre was when he was here and how he through Schooty playbook was a POS.

Theres no way the Jets can obtain Manning with our current issues so please stop with this Manning stuff. :breakdance:

20. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The Jets OL is much better than any OL he has ever played with. With Manning at QB we will not have an indecisive QB lost in the pocoket taking unnecessary hits and sacks. Teams will not be able to blitz knowing Sackchez cannot hurt them. Manning instantly makes every player on the Jets much better. Keller becomes a pro-bowl potential player, the OL become much better, the WRs become much better and the defense will no longer have to worry about shutting the other team out to win they can just play and play with a lead most of the time. Imagine our defense getting to play against one dimensional offenses every week that will be in passing situations all day.

Additionally Manning wanted to be a Jet in 97. But because Parcells refused to commit to taking him he stayed in school an additional year. Eli plays close by, he has greater marketing opportunities, he gets to play Brady twice a year, the Jets would instantly become super bowl favorites with him as QB, and with Moore here he could transition the offense to his offense much quicker than any other team. He would be crazy to go anywhere else.

#160 Noam, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011