Jets Released Brett Favre

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Tenn_JetsFanatic

Who cares, as long as he's not coming back and JET and we aren't losing MORE money

2. pdpullmn612

pdpullmn612 New Member

yea i think its time for him to retire. apparently he is really enjoying himself now so he should continue to do what he is doing. I was excited when we picked up Favre last summer, but he turned out not to be as good as everyone thought. Oh well, we have Sanchez now and I hope he becomes the QB that we need

3. Gator

Gator Active Member

Even if he stays retired, you know right this second wherever he is he's trying to convince himself he can still play and is thinking of a way to come back.

Let the Sna-chez era begin. Snatch to Crotch...TD!

4. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Loved the move when it happened, good for the Jets...

I'm a Favre fan. Didn't work out here...But one of the best QBs I've ever seen.

5. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Who cares if it was? Their have been plenty of wasted seasons with this franchise.

6. CleanFernandez

CleanFernandez New Member

I dont understand why espn made a big deal about this before. Who cares hes finally retired

7. gizmo253

gizmo253 Member

If Brett Favre goes to the vikings he will officially kill his image and be a sell out, all that revenue for purple brett favre jerseys. screw brett TD on NFL network said it right, he ruined our season, GO AWAY BRETT!

8. Press

Press Banned

Good Riddence!

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Who cares? We could have won only our 3rd AFC East Title, I CARE.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

With Pennington? You're crazy. If he was the QB he would have been killed by week 3 and Clemens would have lost the next 13 games. (Mangini wasn't smart enough to use the wildcat to protect his fragile ass. Just why do you think Miami used it?)

11. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I wonder what stance you would have taken if Herm were at the helm when this went down. I mean, it would have been a defining moment in your loyalty towards mediocrity. What side to take...on one hand you could have been mad that Chad was sreleased, but on the other hand, it would have been under the supervision of Herm, and you [would] have had to spin something in your head to justify it.

Oh, what could have been.

12. nyjunc

Chad wouldn't have been released had Herm still been here and we'd have won the division. I realize you guys hated going to the playoffs 60% of the time but I enjoyed it.

I want to win, you guys have agenda against certain players/coaches and would rather lose w/o them then win w/ them. It's something I will never understand espcially w/ Chad who was all class, always played hard, risked his career to come back to help the team in 2004 yet all he does is get ripped for some strange reason. This is EXACTLY why Jet fans have an awful reputation.

13. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Would have won the division? Did you call Dionne Warwick's Psychic Friends Network? I think we would have won 9 games. What agenda junc? Its called becoming adjusted to reality. Chad folds in the post-season. Those are just the cold hard facts. We won despite Herm being the coach. What was his excuse in KC? You're right, Herm was an amazing coach that destroyed QBs everywhere he went and was released by 2 different teams, and will never be a HC again in the NFL. Those are also the cold hard facts. The sooner you come to grips with the events that surround you, the sooner you will be more well adjusted to the reality that your favorites aren't always going to be the best.

Favre is my favorite all-time athlete. For 5 games last year he was absolutely dreadful. See how easy that is?

14. nyjunc

Please. It's clear as day we would have won the division. He joined a 1 win team and helped them win 11 and the div w/ half the talent we have. We easily would have won the div if he stayed- EASILY.

I don't are about Herm in KC and he succeeded in year 1 before they went into full rebuilding mode. That team had a million 1st and 2nd year guys on it last year including trying to develop a QB.

The bottom line is he was a success HERE which is all I care about.

When did he ever destroy a QB? You think Chad sucks, he won a div title(when Brady was healthy) and made the postseason twice w/ Chad, he made the postseason w/ Vinny. Who did he destroy?

If he doesn't want to coahc again he won't but a few years ago we heard how he'd never get a job after the jets and not only did he get a job we got a draft pick for it.

Again, I DON'T CARE if he ever coaches again, he was a success HERE. That is all that matters but people like you prefer losing to winning so he was run out of town b/c he had 2 bad years when he lost multiple QBs to injury.

It's great that the overrated Favre is your all-time favorite, I liked him too but he sabotaged our season. He was mediocre most of the season, had a great stretch from the first Buf game through the Ten game then was dreadful the last month and cost us our season.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I love rooting against Chad now, I see why our division rivals took so much joy in it.

Yup.

16. nyjunc

Yes it is so much fun against a guy who is all class, plays hard, doesn't show up opponents and plays well.:eek:hmy: I root against Chad b/c he's on Miami but he's a hard guy to root against.

17. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

You do realize by saying "sabotage" you imply it was on purpose right? Have you lost your mind? Nobody prefers losing to winning here. Nobody. He went to a 1 win team with a new coaching staff and BP running operations, so you can't rightly say Chad was the catalyst for it, because the fact is, he wasn't.

He did in fact crumble in the playoffs which is vintage Pennington. As for "rebuilding mode", by Herm's own words his team was 85% complete. How many games did they win, with 85%? Do the numbers jive for you? They sure as hell don't for me! Overrated by who? Every meaningful record to be held, is held by him. Seems appropriately rated to me. What records does Chad have?

One word: delusional.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You got some on your chin.

19. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I love rooting against Chad because he's just Chad. Sure he's a stand up guy, blah blah blah. I'm not having dinner with the fucking guy, I just want him to win for our team. He did sometimes, but folded like a napkin when it mattered, so that's why I don't have man-love for him.

20. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

:up: the love in this case is just unnatural.