Jets Receivers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets41815162342, Apr 13, 2006.

1. EvilClownFace

EvilClownFace New Member

IMO Aramoshadu has a bad case of Alligator arms.

I'd rather have a guy like Baskett that's not afraid to go over the middle and make the tough catch.

#21 EvilClownFace, Apr 13, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  2. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

I would hope they don't go after a WR before the 3rd round unless it's exceptional value. WR's , like RB's can be addressed in FA and are often a dima a dozen. They often take 2-3 years to develope if drafted or signed out of college. I'd like to see one in the mix late Sat or early Sun.

Then again, this is the Jets and we may end up with 4 WR, 1 K, 1 P and a FB.

3. EvilClownFace

EvilClownFace New Member

HEY HEY HEY NOW!!!

Those were the OLD Jets you're speaking of my friend! This new regime will not (please god) F up this draft.

Seriously, I highly doubt (I'd bet my house on it) they'll take a WR in the first three rounds. Maybe at the end of round 3 the earliest.

4. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

Isnt this draft weak in the top for WR's?

5. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

I believe it if we can protect the QB and have a healthy QB, the numbers of the receivers go up. If Tim Dwight can be a good speed guy who can make a big play here and there, that would be a huge bonus. And I'm looking forward to see how Cotcherry develops.

6. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping we grab Maurice Stovall Wr Notre Dame in the 3rd with one of our picks to add some SIZE to our Wr corps, and give us an option in the redzone that is 6 ft 5. tuff for a Nickel Corner or saftey to jump with that. He's built like Keyshawn, but a team player and I'm sure he comes with High praises from Charlie Wiess system.

Ellis

7. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

Tim Dwight will TRY and fill Chrebets shoes as a reciever.

8. ColezDeep!

ColezDeep! New Member

That would be a damn good pick

9. Mehl-56

Every draft I've seen has him falling in to the 3rd round... he fits here very very well.

Ellis

10. Coach K

Coach K New Member

we should be ok at WR, my view is coles is every bit a deep threat when he has recievers good enough to attract attention away from him.

=mccareins is too inconsistent (hopefully just his injury)
    =cotchery has been poorly used up to this point
    =TIM DWIGHT, should help us out alot if hes used properly. hes a solid route runner still with enough speed to create holes in defenses around the middle.

from a franchise point yes this is nothing impressive right now. but all we really need is 1 more solid pickup(this yr draft, or next yr offseason) and for cotchery to be really tested by this staff and we're not that bad.

11. Amaru

Amaru Well-Known Member

I've never understood why Coles wasn't more of a deep threat. I remember seeing that he had a really fast 40, faster than Santana's, but he never makes a big play.

12. Coach K

Coach K New Member

the yr he played with santana healthy he put up great numbers

coles is no steve smith but if theres a another reciever on his team who at least demands a little attention he can make the big play i believe.

13. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

The weakness of our WR corps and the running back group is one of the main reasons I feel we should pick Vernon Davis. Even at #4 if we have to. With the one pick you dramtically upgrade the receiving corps. You uppgrade the running game becuase they will always have to account for him and cannot stuff the box. You upgrade the OL. He is a playmaker and would dramtically improve all elements of our offense.

14. Amaru

Amaru Well-Known Member

While I do love Davis, if we took him at #4, I'm pretty sure that there will be death threats to Tannenbaum and Mangini. That's just way too high for a TE especially on a team such as ours.

15. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

Coles is still hampered buy that nagging toe injury(turf toe) some athletes play careers with it.It seems to have lowered his calibre of play.

16. Mehl-56

Someone please shoot me in the face if we draft a TE with the #4 pick.

Ellis

17. KleckoMawaeChrebet

KleckoMawaeChrebet New Member

Upcoming draft - absolutely no WRs and no RBs. It seems so simple, that without pass protection and without run blocking the skill positions are completely useless. You can not argue that. It is not as fun and glamorous to take linemen, but it would make the team better.

Coles is a fantastic receiver. 850 yards last year with 5 QBs and no pass protection. JMac was great in 2004 let's see him healthy again, he had a bad year. I think Cotchery has potential. I really think Baker can do some things if we get him the ball. Against the Chiefs, 7 catches for 125, just throw some passes to the guy... oh yeah, he can block too!!

18. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

This really stood out for me. The Jets have had some great WR, Maynard, Toon, Suaer, Walker, Johnson. JMac was not great in 04 he had some good games down the stretch of 04.

#38 winstonbiggs, Apr 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2005
  19. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

2006 Draft

I would like to see 1 WR taken in this draft. We have needs and we have a number of picks to go with those needs. One of those needs is a field stretching WR. This will be a BPA draft for the Jets and hopefully somewhere in the middle rounds they can find a physical specimen to mold into a quality NFL receiver. Someone we can put on the outside, run the fly pattern and keep the safeties off our ass.

20. baamf

baamf Active Member

I agree he has never been "great" with the Jets. I am one who has been giving him the benefit of the doubt for last year due to injuries, but in looking at his stats he really hasn't been special in either year. We can only hope that with improved QB play, Schottenheimer can get more out of him....

2004 New York Jets 16 16 56 770 13.8 43 4 10 1 43
    2005 New York Jets 16 16 43 713 16.6 45 2 12 1 33