Jets Reach Yet Another Low

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Nov 14, 2019.

1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Preach MF.

It's a damn shame people are hating on you for saying the right thing. Embarrassing.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. Since when is taking your wife to lunch bc shes a veteran an excuse for no showing somewhere you’re supposed to be & paid quite well to be at? I respect veteran’s & veteran’s day but are people really gonna fall for that line?

Take her out for dinner after treatment or a big breakfast beforehand,or go the day before. Seems like a really lame excuse to get out of being somewhere.

Sorry Enunwa is wrong here.

3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Am I suppose to pity this guy because he may or may not be able to continue to rake in millions playing football in the future?

I just don’t understand that mindset. This person made a choice to work in a profession that has a high risk of injury. This particular individual has already made a lot of money in this profession. He doesn’t seem to have any other responsibilities with the team at this point other then getting himself healthy, and even that’s to much to ask.

All the guy had to do was pick up the phone, but he couldn’t be bothered, and now he’s claiming that he’s been done some great injustice.

Go fuck yourself Enunwa.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It’s never okay to “no call, no show” at your job.

Perhaps Quincy has never had a real job and doesn’t know this but the Jets gotta do what they gotta do when you do something like that

5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Just the Johnson's being Jonhnsons...nothing surprising.

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Frankly, I see some truth to both sides of the Arguement...with me leaning towards Quincy has to inform his Employer if he's taking 2 days off. It's called being Responsible

What concerns me is the poor communication between Management and players . This is how Gase has rolled since Miami. While Admin. Is 100 per cent right they could have warned him and fined him less.

NCJetsfan and NYJFOREVER like this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

In the era and society of not wanting to talk to anyone anymore, he really didn't even have to do that. He probably could've sent a text...

It sucks that this really isn't the Jets fault, yet it's a bad look for us piled on the Falk/KO shit and Avery Williamson torn preseason ACL.

NCJetsfan and Jets81 like this.
  8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

100% he's wrong, you don't just no show at your job, if one of us did that we'd get in big trouble as well. Plus, you don't go to social media and complain about it.

I still think the Jets are in the wrong here as well, I don't believe the team should be posting the fines in the building for everyone to see, it's like the Jets are saying the fine isn't enough, here let's shame you in front of the entire team.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

I agree. BUT I wonder if this is the standard across the NFL. It could be Gase being a dickhead.

But it also wouldn't shock me if other teams do this and it's not some new Gase thing. He doesn't seem innovative enough to bring this to the table.

10. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Enunwa better be careful.

I still don't see how he got injured. Phantom injury.

Ladies & gentlemen make no mistake about it more than a few eyebrows musta been raised over at Florham Park when word got out about him taking a life after football business course only days after signing a extension.

Then POOF!!!!! he's gone for the year in a quarter into week 1. He may never play football again he's now saying.

Now he's half @ssing his rehab and trying to make the team look bad? GTHOH!!!!

If he keeps it up I wouldn't be surprised to see leaks start to come out questioning how injured he really is and his motivations.

94Abraham and NYJetsO12 like this.
  11. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Obviously, I'm not privy to locker rooms and protocols around the league, but I have to believe that the Jets handle this the same way as every other team does. I'm no fan of the Johnsons, but this is not a reason for calling them out.

Royal Tee and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

or is it? as you stated we're not privy...

ftr, I think Q airing this out like this if it's the "norm" is petty.

westiedog1 and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Q was definitely wrong to not let the team know beforehand but what the fuck is with this being broadcast in the locker room on tv’s? Who does that? Even Damien Woody said it was weird.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

It does feel like that if you end up in Gase's dog house for whatever reason (and most specifically for injury reasons), then he's very much OK with driving you away from the team.

PabloJa and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. BrowningNagle

its called a culture change

16. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I get your premise. However, his wife is a veteran-- she sure as shit knows he needs to call in and not just no-show.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Right. I don't believe seemingly going above and beyond to be a dickhead to players is a culture that sits well with players of any kind. That sort of culture has passed by the NFL. It also didn't work in Miami and it does seem that a lot of his players resented him sooner than later. Pouncey and Landry, ironically the two best players on the team.

He's not a dynamic enough personality on the flip side. Gruden's notoriously one of the toughest personalities in the game to work with. And his players love him. I haven't heard the same about Gase.

#77 Jonathan_Vilma, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

Gruden is not a good example, he has never changed the culture of an organization.

Parcells has. multiple times. Players hated him when he came in and set new rules. From Parcells' own words: "The only way to change people is to tell them in the clearest possible terms what they’re doing wrong. And if they don’t want to listen, they don’t belong on the team."

https://hbr.org/2000/11/the-tough-work-of-turning-around-a-team

posting fines for blowing off team obligations in the locker room certainly qualifies as "tell them in the clearest possible terms what they're doing wrong"

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Look at the date of the article. We're in a different world now with an entirely different cast of NFL players from the generation where your parents AREN'T allowed to beat you when you get a DWI.

Whether you like the authoritarian style or not, it's being phased out of the NFL. Matt Patricia seems to do similar shit. Sketchy injury stuff, trades players for peanuts for no reason. Belichick's and Grudens's are grandfathered in to these styles because they have a proven track record of winning. I'm curious to see how Arians pans out because he's similar. Doug Marrone and the whole Jalen Ramsey situation.

The only successful authoritarian kind of coach figure left is Mike Zimmer.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

we are not in a different world now. People aren't vastly different from 15 years ago. People are people. men are men