Jets reach out to Shaun Ellis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Jul 31, 2011.

1. nixhead

nixhead Banned

So what if Ellis signs with N.E. for slightly more money like $1.25 million? Then Ellis is just greedy ? Tannenbaum should step up and match any Patriot offer.
    Maybe Ellis sees the grass greener on that side? I don't know but Ellis is a valuable D.E. - if even only against N.E. - match any offer and retain him. Tannenbaum cant be pretty callous with the way he drops players and then wants to bring them back - thats how the Jets lost Woodhead. The Jets need to keep players from N.E. is the bottom line!

2. DaftGreen

DaftGreen Member

This!!!!!!!

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Man, watching Ellis suit up in a Pats uniform would be tough. I doubt he'll be much of a factor in their defense, but damn.

4. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

They'll probably give the Jets a chance to match.

5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

No, it's not.

While I want him to return, that's an absurd statement. It's our job to win, not make sure New England doesn't get anyone. That's just petty and stupid.

6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I want Ellis back just so he can break the Jets sack record and I can say I saw every single one. Plus keeping him fresh for our SB run won't hurt.

Ellis is not signing with the Pats, my evil guess would be that BB is trying to drive his price up.

7. Mr3rdDown80

Mr3rdDown80 Member

agreed. i was not saying that he should be quick to sign a league minimum contract. The Jets should offer him a a little more than that for a guy like Ellis. He's paid his dues, now pay him. I think and hope that Tanny will realize this.

8. Struckanerve9

Struckanerve9 New Member

I wouldn't be at all surprised. I have a feeling that the Pats blew their wad on Ocho and Fat Albert already. Notice they've been pretty quiet since signing those guys. This seems like a "stick it to the Jets" move.

Then again, I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats sign him. They do have a gaping hole at DE. However, I don't think it would be wise of them to have too many guys north of 30 on their D line.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They offered a veterans minimum, didn't they? That is three times as much.

10. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

ellis is still an effective 3-4 end

i dont get the disrespect

11. Massena

Massena New Member

My First post here. Ellis gave you all many good years and yet I see fans here posting that he's not loyal. Those people need to go through threads here and see just how much loyalty fans give players, whom they deem dispensable. Those saying, that if Ellis goes to the PATS he's disloyal, are acting like children. Ellis is only trying to put in another year playing a game he's been very good at and pick up a pay check. He doesn't owe any of us a damn thing.

12. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

The Jets have paid Shaun Ellis over $40 million over the last decade, they don't owe him anything more than his value on the field.

13. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

MikeReiss Mike Reiss
    The Pats sign veteran defensive end Mark Anderson, a pass-rusher who has been with the Bears and Texans. Team releases DT Marlon Favorite.

Ellis 99% out of the Patriots conversation.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Maybe NE didn't like his workout.

JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
    Pats announce signing of veteran DE Mark Anderson. Have been looking at edge players

15. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Wow...people on here were so upset when Cotch was released. They wanted him here cuz he was a Jet for his entire career and he never complained. Guess what. He did complain, just not publicly.

People were also upset Jets didn't keep Ellis. Guess what? He wants an extra half a mil to play in a different city for a team he was meant to hate the entire last decade.

ITS ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY. There are no fucking hometeam discounts, and no fucking "reward his loyalty" bullshit. Its business and I hope the darksiders can see this. As for Ellis, I don't want Tanny to offer him anything more than vets minimum. If he wants to come here, fine, else fuckoff.

16. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Work is never home.

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Anderson is a LB. Looks like this doesn't affect Ellis.

#177 The Dark Knight, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  18. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I like hearing this

19. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

The disrespect is alot of people are buying into this Jets way of offering anyone whose not a star, a minimum contract.

20. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

The Pats signing Anderson makes me a little happier. There's nothing I want now than to re-sign Ellis. Yeah it's always about money, ya gotta figure, but it also has to be about the play on the field and big kat isn't the same as he was a few years ago. He did step up in the divisional game vs the Pats last year though, and I still think he has got a year or two left.