Jets reach out to Shaun Ellis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Jul 31, 2011.

1. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

he was dominant in the ne game and is still effective vs the run

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

FTR: I'm not afraid that Shaun Ellis will do any damage against the Jets if he ends up in New England, I think it would just be disrespectful for him to sign as a backup there.

He'll get less playing time in New England. He'll mean less to that team and it's fans.

I've said this a few times today, but again, if he signs in New England for a couple hundred thousand more, then he can go fuck himself.

3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Of all the people on this board, I wouldnt think you'd be one of the sappy ones. I'm shocked. Seriously. Or maybe Im reading this wrong?

4. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Youre right, I forgot about his good game last year

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Exactly... the guy was active for 19 games last season and showed up for one of them. He's done and he'd be a backup. It ain't no sweat off my balls if he signs there.

6. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

Maybe he's going there to spy on the Pats. It supposedly worked really well for Jason Taylor with Miami.

7. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

He showed up for one of them? C'mon,, that isn't true.

8. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

The competition shouldn't be over, but Ayers has been an absolute terror in early practices. McRath can play all three linebacker positions and was on the second team Thursday, working behind Barrett Ruud in the middle. The Titans suddenly have linebacker depth with rookie Colin McCarthy also backing up.

I wanted this guy

9. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Why do I get the feeling if the Jets took Ayers, you'd be singing the praises of Wilkerson and saying how much you wanted him to be picked instead?

10. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Because he is the most pessimistic poster on the forum and apparently feels the need to bitch and complain about every move made by the FO?

11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

My balls are sweaty, maybe I should put my A/C on?

12. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I don't think he's necessarily being "sappy".. but it's obvious lots of fans are sappy and root with their heart after getting attached to players like Ellis.

I take Electric's post to mean if Ellis shows a complete lack of caring about the Jets and the fans that have cheered him on for 11 years by "selling out" for a few extra dollars.. to have a smaller role on a hated rival instead of giving one last go at a Super Bowl in Green and White, while helping the organization that has paid him a ton of money and given him a ton of support through various things (weed, snowball incident, etc).. well, then why should we as fans give a crap about him next year.

That being said, after one unspectacular year in New England, I'd welcome him back when he has his day at the Stadium where he's honored and cheer him.

13. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

We're talking about Shaun Ellis. Not your wife's description of you :rofl:

14. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Its a business and if the man thinks he would be happier or whatever elsewhere he is free to make that decision. But its not only a business and it would be a bummer to a large portion of the Jets family b/c he's an all time great Jet. One of our favorite guys on the team for over a decade - thats huge.

15. M V Pete

M V Pete New Member

Count me in as someone who will be very sad to see Ellis in a Flying Elvis helmet. And to think, at the time in 2000, he was the least of the draft picks that year that I was excited about. But he's been a Jet-lifer so far and it'd be nice to see at least one of our guys go out a Jet....

16. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Really... he had 36 tackles last year down from 56 in 2009 and 60 in 08. His sacks have also declined the last 3 years. He's a shell of his former self and has no business getting 1.5 from the Jets just so he doesn't sign with the Cheats.

17. Klaus Casanova

Klaus Casanova New Member

Pardon me for being so daring as to question one with such judgmental prowess in the field of credibility of opinion, but why would this particular instance all of a sudden qualify as being disrespectful?

It sounds like a smart business transaction.

18. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

If he signs with NE, the Jets should pay him and extra $500K to put LSD in the pats gatorade for both of the Jets games.

The 4th quarters would be awesome.

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

If he was a player in his prime, I'd have no problem with him looking elsewhere. This guy doesn't need money though.

Signing with the Patriots for a couple hundred thousand dollars more would be a slap in the face to this fan base.

He's not a high caliber player anymore. He'd bring nothing to New England but inside knowledge. They are pretty set at defensive end, so he'll also get less playing time there too.

Our fans have rocked this guy's jersey for the last decade. He's said time and time again that he wants to spend his entire career as a Jet. An eleven year veteran shouldn't be roaming around the league looking for cash. This team's giving him everything and it's time to do the franchise a favor by taking a little less than it's arch rival.

He either needs to hang 'em up or re-sign with New York for vet minimum.

20. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

Dallas' whole secondary blows anyways. Doesn't matter who they put on Holmes - he's getting burnt.