Jets reach out to Shaun Ellis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Im glad you're not running the FO. You do know what Tanny does, right?

2. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Yeah, I wouldn't mind either, but I don't want the Jets to increase their offer just cuz he tried to drive the price by using Pats. Play hardball with the ones that play hardball.

3. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Yeah,, goes on WFAN and says it's a process a million times.

4. Klaus Casanova

Klaus Casanova New Member

Successful, forward-thinking teams know when it is time to build youth in the trenches at the beginning of an attempted 3-5 year run for championships, when to cut ties with aging starters and when not to overspend on underachieving second tier players that cannot even avoid the police in a contact year.

5. #28Martin

You know also is being ignored a little, also, is that Sanchez is a young QB, trying to build chemistry with his WR's. Getting rid of Cotchery, Edwards doesn't exactly help that.

6. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

ellis is still effective as a 3-4 end

sure he isnt 25 but the dude can still bring it

if ellis was a broken down veteran with diminishing production id say let him go but ellis can still be a effective piece of the jets defensive line

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

#28Martin
    Good thing Keller, Holmes and LT are still here and Buress is an absolutely huge target who runs precise routes.

8. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

in a shaun ellis thread?

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

^Is Shuan Ellis signed to a contract? Why isn't this thread in the NFL section?

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Patriots are rumored to be moving toward a mostly 4 man front, so they can take advantage of Haynesworth's ability as a 3-Tech defensive tackle. In that alignment, Anderson would have his hand in the dirt over the blindside as a pass rusher and Ellis would be on the opposite side of the line. This doesn't really affect the Ellis situation at all except for financial implications.

11. ........

........ Trolls

It does if the team recognizes that Cotchery and Sanchez didn't have great chemistry and that Edwards is a tenuous solution with all of his problems. You may not like hearing that it's a process, but it absolutely is. You can't build for the future at every position in every offseason.

12. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

Shit, there Anderson goes getting caught up in the wrong type of defense again.

He's a 34 OLB, he isn't built to play DE fulltime...

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Whoa buddy. Longest tenured Jet can stay in the section until he signs elsewhere.

14. #28Martin

Gotta be honest,,, thought alot of you like Jericho alot more then it turns out you do.

15. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

It's not anything against Cotchery himself, I think it is because he's had injury issues the last season and a half or so.

16. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Exactly. We like Cotchery, but its time to move on. This team will move on when it feels it can upgrade your spot. Players like Steve Young have been let go, who are we to not let a #2 at best WR go? He was good when he was here. He no longer is a Jet and will not be in the future either. Good luck to him. Move along. Its business.

17. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

I love Cotchery ... easily one of my favorite Jets. But its done and over now ... time to move on. Hoping like hell he ends up in the NFC so i can cheer for him more than if he ended up in the AFC.

Pray Ellis comes back ... but if he doesn't ... I am to damn old and have to much real life shit to worry about with wife, kids and mortgage to let it affect my life for more than 5 minutes.

Because in both players cases .. .I can promise you they won't let it affect them for more than 5 minutes either.

18. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

With Ellis, and Wilk our ends would be a force I think. Those two would allow this defense to accomplish so much more. I feel he needs to be brought back into the fold and retire a Jet.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Well, the ends would be Wilk and DeVito. Ellis would come in during 3rd downs and do what he does best.

K. Ellis and Pouha will be an interesting tandem if Ellis can find more snaps later in the season.

Preseason will be fun. There are a lot of guys to watch for this year.

20. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

yeah right. they'll go with a rook over a 10+ year vet who can play every position on the line. ok..
    Wilk would rotate and get more playing time as the year went along, and more likely at the expense of Devito.