Jets Playoff Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jay Bizniss, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Watching the game with my Dad yesterday he said........ "The JETS are starting to play down to their talent level" Granted he's old, bitter and scarred (not as bad as Champ) but he may be on to something :wink:

2. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

going to do the ol' narcisistic quote of self....but I think I've been a fan long enough to know what to expect from this bunch.

Can't even compete on the road at this point.

3. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

YES. Thank you. We're talking about the same play. He's done it many times this season.

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

A lot of Quarterbacks do it. Eli did the same thing yesterday. It is the dumbest play in the world to know throw it out of bounds. I dont get it.

5. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

It an alternate universe, the Jets beat the Bills and Ravens (LIKE THEY SHOULD)
    and the Patriots lose to the Panthers and Broncos (LIKE THEY *COULD)

and the Jets would be tied for first. Oh the possibilities that should really be a reality.

6. truthbtold

Looking at what everyone has left, we still have the easiest path. A win against the Ravens and a split with Miami most likely gets us to the 6th seed.

All I really want is to go into week 17 stil alive. There's nothing more depressing than watching a completely meaningless football game, and since Rex has been here we've only had two of them. If we win Sunday we're fine.

#746 truthbtold, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  7. NYJets17

I'm going to that Week 17 game in Miami, if the playoffs are on the line that'd be some crazy shit.

8. truthbtold

They have such a pathetic fan base down there, even if the playoffs are on the line the place will probably be 25% empty ... Or hopefully those seats will be filled by Jets fans!

9. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

I'm hoping it doesn't come to that...

3 choice wins here a few choice outside losses there and we come into florida with the WC wrapped up.

a dream....

10. NYJets17

Oh absolutely .

11. NYJets17

I know, I know..I shouldnt think like this but damn..we beat the Buffalo freakin Bills and we are 1 game back of the Pats going into a mediocre Baltimore with the Patriots playing Denver....

damn, we could be tied.

12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would make New England 7-4 and the Jets would be 6-5

Edit: never mind. I didn't see the Bills part lol

13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Coulda. Shoulda. Woulda. On to Baltimore. Let's get after it.

14. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Jets @ Pats in the first round if the season ended today. I'd love that rematch.

15. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Makes me even more pissed knowing if they had beaten the Bills they would have a shot to be tied for 1st after Sunday with the Pats playing Denver.

16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

thinking about that myself - have friends in sarasota and no doubt we'll do a road trip if necessary.

17. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

did u really think it would turn out any other way?? ;)

18. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

But it doesn't have to. The Jets still control their destiny. Beat the Ravens, and Dolphins twice (a tall order, I know) and the Browns and they are in great shape. They have a game lead on everyone else, so even though it doesn't feel like they are a playoff team after that debacle in Buffalo, they still can be.

I'm one of the fans who needs to talk myself down from a ledge after games like Sunday, so after a day or so of being furious and depressed, these are the facts. However ridiculous they seem, we still have the 6th seed currently.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets aren't just bad on the road this year, they're terrible. They've been outscored by 89 points in just 5 games on the road. For those saying "yeah but the Bengals game was a 40 point margin", well they've been outscored by 49 in the other 4 games.

Now they have to go on the road and beat the reigning champions, who are 3-1 at home, and then the Panthers who are the hottest team in the NFL right now.

The Jets have control of nothing at this point. They're technically in the last wild card spot at this point but nothing in their play so far this year suggests they can remain there. The thing they are fighting for at this point is 8-8 and a decent December for a change. That would be a huge win for the team and the fan base.

When the Giants were in the same position in 2004, leading in the wild card chase in a weak field, they basically threw the season away to play Eli Manning down the stretch. Not suggesting that we do that but it's important to note that in a rebuilding year the Giants kept their eye firmly on the goal and did not allow themselves to be distracted by events.

#759 Br4d, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  20. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Hate it unless we're home
    Bills loss seriously damaged the hope of us finishing 11-5 and copping 1st place

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.