Jets Playoff Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jay Bizniss, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Chargers are marching

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

If the phins win I'm not gunna lose sleep over it but I'll roll the dice and cheer for San Diego because their schedule is brutal. If they get into the playoffs then I'll admit I was wrong but to me they wont

3. NYJets17

Come on Chargers!!

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Records mean nothing. They're better than their record.

I actually did. Check the game threads for those games.
    We blew it because I know how we struggle against teams like the a Ravens. So that's why it was important to win today. We blew it. I obviously hope I'm wrong but I don't see us winning next week.

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

We struggle against every team. It's never an easy win.

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

And you gotta realize, these 6 loss teams like the Ravens and Steelers have to go 5-1 just to get to 9 wins. Nothing tells me that they can either, I love our chances still

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The TOP of the mediocre? I saw a game controlled in every aspect by a rightfully 3-7 team; what did you see?

8. NYJets17

Well here we go, Dolphins won.

It's all down to how the Jets perform which is an unknown.

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Its down to the Jets and Phins. One of these teams will be the 6 seed in all likelyhood

10. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Yep, you're right man, superbowl here we come! Geno will lead the way with 3 INT's a game but we still got this, watch out league.

11. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Who the fuck said anything about a Superbowl?

Did we look like we deserved it in 2009 with Sanchez throwing picks like it was nobody's business? Give me a break man. You sound clueless

12. RIPJimLeonhard

Bottom line is this, there are 5 good teams in the AFC and everybody else is either as bad as us or worse, if you're fine sliding by being the best of a bad bunch that's fine, but we don't deserve to be playing in January with the big boys, if that makes me clueless then just call Alicia Silverstone, cause I'm starring in this role.

13. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It's not about deserving it man. It's just not. If you've played sports and watch it you would know this. This isn't basket weaving. These are grown men playing a physical game with the best talent in the world. Any way you can get into the playoffs, you get in. Whether that's being average in a shitty division, or awesome in a good division. It's all about what you do while you're there. This team did not "deserve" to be there in 2009, but what did they do when they were there? It's a whole different animal when you get into the postseason.

Leave your deserving crap for a sissy sport. You either get in or you don't, all based on your wins and losses.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We're 5-5 and in no worse than 7th place in the playoff race. That makes us the TOP of the mediocre at this point.

15. RIPJimLeonhard

Your so big and cool, I wish I was you and not Alicia Silverstone.

16. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Makes today's loss hurt even more -- no one else wanted to win. They could have had a 2 game lead on everyone except Miami. Team needs to wake up.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Maybe the team is awake but they're just not very good?

The Jets almost lost games to the Bucs and Falcons earlier this year. Teams that are 2-12 against everybody else but the Jets and each other.

Yeah they won a couple of big games against the Pats and the Saints but I think it's pretty clear that they mentally beat the opposing QB's with a dominating defensive front in both games and then the teams fell in line with the boss.

This is a rebuilding team. It's full of too young, too old, not quite good enough and definitely bad players. The Jets signed a bunch of hold the fort guys to tide them through developing the young guys and get them to that deep draft in 2014. So far the team has held the fort.

We couldn't really ask for more out of a season where the consensus was that the Jets sucked, right?

#717 Br4d, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The ability to be in the playoff race has raised expectations from the preseason area which is normal. People got caught up in it and forgot that this team wasn't very good to start with. It also ignores the full rotation in the TE, RB, and WR lineup, the new OC, and the multiple new starters on D.

19. NYJets17

There is nothing to disagree with.

The Jets are 100% overachieving. I'm happy with whatever the result is.

WITH THAT SAID, some players arent playing up to their abilities and thats what enrages me.

20. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

thats the goal, be the best of the inconsistent masses that make the middle of the AFC.

not very positive but lets face it, it was the best we were gonna do this year.

9-7 people, 9-7. we can afford 2 losses, thats it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.