Jets Playoff Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jay Bizniss, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

Guys, be happy that we got a gift from the football gods by having the Titans lose to the Jags

2. John

John Active Member

We control what we do vs ravens we gotta win vs them and well be fine titians losing to jags when they had tiebreaker over us is way more important so happy jags pulled out that win now broncoes need to win this is also big because we dont control waht we do vs chargers

3. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Bengals had that game in OT. Awful play calling. You have one of the biggest and best receivers in the game and needing two yards you call those shit plays. And with that awful Ravens offense, why not punt in OT and bury the Ravens rather than giving them the ball at midfield?

4. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Marvin Lewis has and always will be an awful coach.

5. jetsillinifan

jetsillinifan Well-Known Member

we are now in control of our own fate... we have this gift lets not waste it BEAT THE BILLS

6. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

I was more concerned about Tennessee. All we have to do is take care of business against Baltimore. That's going to be a huge game, and you can bet we won't be under-prepared. Rex has yet to beat the Ravens (the Jets haven't beaten the Ravens since 1997 I believe). He'll want this game.

We take care of our own business, we're fine. SD has two more games against Denver, and two more against KC.

If we go 5-2 the rest of the way, we make the playoffs. I'm not saying it's a sure thing we do that, but that's what we need to do.

Even if Baltimore beats Chicago, and if they beat us, we'll have the same record and they'll have the tiebreaker. They still need to play the Pats, Vikings Steelers, Lions, and Bengals on the road.

They would need to go 4-1. Not overly concerned.

We just need to take care of business. Go 5-2 down the stretch against a comparatively easy schedule, and we're in.

7. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Bengals had no business being in OT anyway. Very grateful the Titans lost

8. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

All we have to do is take care of business? M&T Stadium has been the Jets house of horrors over the years. I'd rather have other teams take care of business for the Jets rather than relying completely on winning 5 of the last 7 to make the playoffs including having to win in Baltimore. This team is not that good yet to "take care of business" in a very very hard place to win. The Bengals losing that game after they came back was crushing. I don't care whether the Jets play Baltimore or not.

9. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

We don't even need to beat Baltimore. It'll just make our lives easier.

If we can't win 5 of our last 7 games against pretty mediocre opponents (Carolina is by far our toughest challenge), we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

10. jetsillinifan

i would bet against the titans over the ravens anyday...they can get real hot and are the defending champions. if they beat us, that could be the turning point between them going to the playoffs or not

11. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

First page is updated through 4:30... Will update again once these few games are complete.

12. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

You're too optimistic. That Bengals choke was a killer for us. Not only does it keep the Ravens alive, it also knocks the Bengals back into the Wildcard mix. Now if they beat the Bears, the Ravens game is a must win for us. If we beat the Ravens we're fine. If we lose, we can probably kiss the playoffs goodbye and either the Ravens, Bengals or Chargers will get the 6th seed.

13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Ravens will be a tough out. Not concerned about Chargers and Dolphins but I am concened about Ravens along with Titans after today.

14. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The next three weeks are crucial for the Jets to have a shot. Must win all three.

15. Jay Bizniss

Just took a look at the Ravens schedule and I don't think we have too much to worry about.. Their last 3 games are against the Lions, Pats and Bengals.. We should be fine.

16. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

The Jets don't even have to play but they may be winners of the bye week if the Chargers lose to Denver.

17. jetsillinifan

must wins =
    bills
    fins @ home
    raiders
    browns

so lets "take care of business" for real, if we can't beat these 4 teams we dont deserve to be in the playoffs. we already dropped a bad one against pitt so hopefully no more from now on. give the free agents a reason why they would want to come here and play

18. Jay Bizniss

If the dolphins win tomorrow night, would they take the 6th seed?

19. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

I think we'd still have the edge with a better division record.

20. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I know this has been said and its obvious, but all this means nothing if we don't win our games. 9-7 probably wont get us in, so we can only afford to lose 2 games in my eyes. I just want to see how we play the Bills, a game we "should" win. You know how that goes. Sorry but all this playoff talk with so much time to go makes me nervous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.