Jets Playoff Chances

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Nov 23, 2011.

?

Do the Jets Make the Playoffs?

1. Yes

199 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. No

215 vote(s)
    51.9%
  1. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Actually, if they do get in this year, it will surpass 2002 as the most improbable, because the Jets win and in scenario popped up about 10 minutes into their 4:00pm game vs Packers

#361 Endlessly Counting, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It was vs. the Packers. The Pats came back and beat the Fins to help us out.

3. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

wow cool site. I see, so it is based on 2 million simulation runs.

If I read the lower part correctly, if the Jets beat Miami they then have a 30% chance of making the playoffs. That feels right.

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

5. 702flyboi

702flyboi New Member

The stage is set similar to the way the 08 season played out.

6. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

We all finished 9-7...

What a fucking disaster that end was...

7. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

I hear the beeps of the garbage truck backing up right now...all the way to another AFCCG

8. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Yes I knew that I typed it wrong. Sorry. I'll edit

9. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Knowing that we aren't that good this season I would be completely happy making the playoffs and beating Houston and then beating New England.

Also, Houston should play to win cause if they lose they may end up playing the same team the next week and I feel like the team that wins to get in usually ends up winning both. Dallas in 2009, Jets in 2009 to name a few.

10. PatsOwnAfc

PatsOwnAfc New Member

The patriots defense has been so frustrating this year. The secondary makes every QB look pro bowl caliber...except Sanchez. Both of his performances were sub par. He did get more yards the second game but he didnt connect on a lot of passes. Would be entertaining to see a rematch though. I'll still be surprised if y'all don't make the playoffs just because y'all are good at backing in. The Tennessee game will decide it. Broncos will lose and you should beat Miami.*

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I still believe if we make the playoffs, this team can land in the Super Bowl. The road is alot easier compared to the last 2 seasons. Hopefully we can make the playoffs and take advantage of it.

12. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

this is your brain on meth...

13. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I still believe if I keep playing the lottery, I'll eventually win.

14. tesla verde

tesla verde Banned

15. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

If that happens, anybody who prints this post out has beers near MetLife on me.

16. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

If the Jets beat Miami, and Houston DOES win, how surprised would you guys be THEN if the Jets don't make the playoffs ????

17. jgangstahippie7:18

Texans should play to win.
    TJ Yates needs to tune himself for the playoffs. An eager rookie needs to make his mark.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Im still concerned about the West teams. Hopefully the Chiefs end the Broncos. Or Chargers beat Raiders. Somethings gotta give.

19. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

I'm sick and tired of reading all these pessimistic posts throughout the message board and seeing so many members that have completely given up on this team and this season.

here's the way I look at it: I really enjoy watching the Jets, no matter what. Sure, this season has not been very enjoyable to watch at all, but there still remains hope that this team can live to play another week beyond this upcoming sunday, and another 4 weeks of bonus football at most.

the last two seasons, and more so, postseasons, have been so much fucking fun to watch. Who would have thought those teams could have done what they did? I surely didn't, but i sure did enjoy it, i know that.

My point is: I think the Jets are going to beat the Dolphins, and i think the Ravens will show they are the better team against the Bengals, and that the Houston Texans will not enter the playoffs losing 3 straight and Andre Johnson and Co. will be amped up and beat an inferior Titans team. As far as i'm concerned. If by 4:15 sunday these 3 things happen, then its all gravy from there. I'll sit back in my chair blazed out of my mind with a Guinness in my hand astonishingly happy, realizing that the Jets chances of making the playoffs haven't been better at any point throughout the season. It'll come down to one of those two fuckin' teams playing at 4:15 to lose for us to back in, and i Like the 50% odds. i dont give a fuck which one of them lose, as long as one of them does. I'll be watching both simultaneously, rooting with the Jets interest in mind and knowing that the CHANCE TO ENJOY AT LEAST 1 MORE GAME with family, friends, beer, still remains.

I love my sundays, i love my jets. There are only 16 days out of 365 days in a year that i can completely escape from whatever bullshit life throws at me and lounge around all day watching tv, eating and drinking, and being happy with what's around me. the past two years, those 17th, 18th, and 19th days have been a lot of fun as a Jets fan. Especially the 17th and 18th days.

what i'm trying to say is: i'd rather look forward to watching another game of Jets football, rather than looking forward to the freakin' NFL Draft.

I'm high. Let's Go Jets.

20. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Did you just write "I really Enjoy Wayching the Jets, no matter what...... This season has not been very enjoyable to watch at all"?????????????????

And you wonder why some fans are pessimistic????? For me this entire season has SUCKED.... Just BAD FOOTBALL all year.

Me? I like watching GOOD FOOTBALL.... For me, I can take a team that is 5-11 but, is playing lights out good football in every phase and is young and fast and I can see a great future over an old, Slow bad football playing team that backs into the playoffs.....

I get that I'm a little different than others but, my eye is on the biggest picture and what type of team they can be over some lucky breaks for a mediocre team.

My dream is for my team to be dominant....