Jets Playoff Chances

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Nov 23, 2011.

?

Do the Jets Make the Playoffs?

1. Yes

199 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. No

215 vote(s)
    51.9%
  1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

all this talk about tennesee and the bengals and raiders...

the biggest question is can we beat miami. im not sure we will.

2. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Because I think Baltimore & Pitts will win and Houston will see that and realize by the 2nd half they have nothing to play for. Also, Texans don't have Schaub

One good point which I didn't realize earlier though. Game is at Houston

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Houston is already locked into there seed regardless of what Balt & Pitt do. They're playing there starters because they don't want to go into the playoffs on a 3 game losing streak and need to build chemistry on offense.

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

If the NYJs actually do make the POs & Houston is the foe then my son & I will trek to Houston for the game :grin:

5. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Yea, probably for selfish reasons, but Houston really should play their offense. They've been pretty inept the past couple weeks scoring pts and would be highly beneficial to get some continuity going forward.

I think having momentum going into the playoffs is key and would prefer that then resting guys. People use the Welker example with the Pats a couple yrs ago as to why you should always rest players, but how about the flip side? Remember when the Giants played their guys against the Pats on the last week of the season. They lost but I'm sure that was a huge confidence builder for the playoffs and ultimately their SB win.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yes sir, Miami has been peaking lately, and this is their Super Bowl. And the Jets are in the toilet.

I think Bush may have a career day.

7. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

He ran for 203 yards on the Bills....

No way your defense lets that up...

8. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

It's not inconceivable that the Jets still get in. Most of the matchups in the "other" games are in the Jets favor although it's clear that getting into the playoffs would be a big deal for Tennesee.

Miami certainly has a lot of issues and folded pretty quickly last week even with a 17-0 lead but they've been playing for pride alone the last few weeks and beating the Jets would be a very satisfactory win

I think somone put the odds of the Jets beating the Dullfins as 50%. I think that's about right. Maybe as high as 60% but the big question is which Jets team is going to show up on Sunday? I have no idea. I'm not even sure the Jets team everyone evisions here even exists. If the Jets can get a 1st half TD and cause some turnovers early on, the Dolphins might fold but that's not a certainty. Miami has a pretty good running game that could cause the Jets problems and their D could cause the Sanchez and the Jets offense issues if they come in with the "We're the Jets, so we should win" attitude. At some point Sanchez is capable of a good game. Maybe it's this Sunday.

9. abyzmul

They folded against a number of lesser backs this season, all speed backs. Bush is better than most of them. McFadden torched them for 171 yds and 2 scores, and that was long before they lost their defensive signal caller.

10. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

I was in the 'Yes' column when this thread went up, but after Christmas Eve's Punt Fest '11, I'm in the 'Nah Brah' category now.

11. CurbYourEnthusiasm

I think it comes down to the Titans/Texans game. I really can't see the Ravens losing to the Bengals, not while vying for that 2 seed (they've been like the Jets the last few years, playoff appearances but all on the road).

We only need one of the Raiders/Broncos to lose, so I'm confident that can happen since both teams will be playing for something (Orton looking for revenge against DEN and KC actually giving a shit under Crennel. SD absolutely hates OAK and would not want to see them in the playoffs, plus they've played pretty well lately save last week vs Detroit.

Obv, the Jets have to win which is no easy feat. Again, that leaves the Titans/Texans. Idk how much faith I have in TJ Yates and their offense, and it gets even worse if Kubiak sits them.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, me too. The Dolphins game will be the hardest part.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

They have already said they're playing there starters. They don't want to go into the playoffs on a 3 game losing streak. They're getting back Andre Johnson who I'm convinced could make Brooks Bollinger look like a superstar.

14. abyzmul

I'm sure they'll start their starters, but for how long? Look at the Bengals a couple of years ago. Marvin started seeing some of his key players get banged up in week 17, and ended up pulling them shortly after halftime (IIRC). If Kubiak sees Andre start pulling up on routes, what makes you think he'll keep him on the field? Same for Super Mario and Cushroid. Division games tend to get more violent than non-division games.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Well he said they'd play the entire game, but you make a fair point. I doubt they'd start Johnson if he wasn't close to 100%.

16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I think Bengals will win. Ravens on road are not an impressive bunch.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Much like the Jets, the Bengals haven't beat a good opponent this year. I don't think a rookie QB is going to beat the Ravens when they need the win for a bye.

Cinci wins:
    @CLE
    vs. BUF
    @JAC
    vs. IND
    @SEA
    @TEN
    vs. CLE
    @STL
    vs. ARI

Losses:
    @DEN
    vs. SF
    vs. PIT
    @BAL
    @PIT
    vs. HOU (TJ Yates)

See anything similar about those defenses in the losses?

18. CurbYourEnthusiasm

Just heard Demeco Ryans on XM radio. Said the Texans will be playing the starters the entire game because they want the momentum. Props to them. Bodes well for us even if its still a longshot.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

thanks for the update!

20. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

This is how I see it... The Texans just lost to the awful Colts. They are gonna play hard and beat Tennessee, who isn't that good. I think they beat them 41-7 earlier this season. Game in Houston, Houston is gonna win.

Ravens have to beat the Bengals to get a bye. If not, they are playing in Pittsburgh again. Ravens win.

SD is better then Oakland and ain't losing to them. They don't like the Raiders and Norv needs this game to have any chance of staying.

All can happen.

And i'm not so confident that Miami isn't half on their vacations by the time that game starts. They blew that game to NE and have nothing to play for. Not like that coach is gonna be retained in the Head Coaching capacity.