Jets Playing Cowboys On Thanksgiving. - Merged

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Rhodes_25, Mar 26, 2007.

1. InChadWeTrust

InChadWeTrust New Member

High fives all around to people that first read this and thought: "YES! Now I have an excuse to ignore my family!"

2. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

yep...as cool as it is to have the Thanksgiving game, there is just no way I am going to be able to enjoy it with everyone BS-ing and yapping and eating and...ugh. I wish I could just stay home and watch it alone, but my family would be insulted. {they just don't the whole Jet obsession thing...)

3. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

Gonna make plans to have Turkey in Dallas this year...I hear ROAD TRIP

4. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

This is the coolest...nat'l rep...wassup...bout time i get to see the boys on a thanksgiving game...in dallas...only thing cooler would be if the tuna was still there.

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Absolutely awesome and I plan on going. Why the hell not?

6. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

You can say that again.

7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Kinda torn on this. Nice to see the Jets get some exposure, but not so nice if I have to go to my girlfriends for Thanksgiving. I like to get into my zone for Jets games, and that'll be near impossible in a small house full of hammered Irish Giants fans.

8. Allentown Ernie

When the big day arrives I will be in my sons "manly room" watching his T.V. as this family gathering is held there. However, as the "old man" and the only Jet fan in the family I will be in charge. I will carry on in my usual fashion, hollering, having chest pains when things go wrong, getting half drunk as the day goes on etc.,etc. etc. What a day this will be if the Jets win. The wife will drive me home full of good food and booze in my gorgeous 90 Corvette, chirping at me for being too loud, drinking to much, etc.etc, Man I can't wait till the day gets here. Is life good or what? Allentown Ernie.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. baamf

baamf Active Member

:up: Well you are definitely getting me into it more than I was.....

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

And now, hope for a Division game the following week.....

12. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

And In-laws. :beer:

I told hubby he can do whatever he wants for Thanksgiving, my ass is on my couch this year. He said "I'm staying home with you" Shit....:mad:

13. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Fellas, besides wearing green at the table, we're gonna have to come up with some innovative menu ideas. I was trying to figure out a way of having green cranberry sauce, for example, but you really can't tint that. But how about putting green dye in the mashed potatoes?

Anybody else have any menu ideas? Appetizers? Green and White designs on the pumpkin pie?

14. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Not sure if its been posted in here yet but we play @ 4:15. Here's the lineup for Turkey Day:
    The early game (FOX, 12:30 p.m. ET) will be an NFC North meeting of the Green Bay Packers at the Detroit Lions. In the spirit of Thanksgiving, the second game (CBS, 4:15 p.m. ET) will be a family affair when the New York Jets travel to the Dallas Cowboys. It will be a matchup of running back brothers -- 28-year-old Thomas Jones, recently acquired by the Jets in a trade, against his sibling, 25-year-old Julius of the Cowboys. This will be the second meeting of their professional careers -- Julius (150 yards, two touchdowns) got the better of Thomas' Bears on Thanksgiving Day in 2004 in a 21-7 Cowboys' victory.

The Thanksgiving tripleheader continues at 8:15 p.m. ET on NFL Network when the Colts visit the Atlanta Falcons, led by new head coach Bobby Petrino.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10089529

15. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

I always have some sort of pasta dish on turkey day. I'm thinking spinach noodles this year to celebrate game day. :up:

I don't know about the green mashed taters thou. :eek:hmy:

16. Section 227. Row 5

Other Menu Suggestions:

Appetizers:
    1) Green celery stalks with white cream cheese sprinkled with green chives.
    2) Triscuit crackers with white cheddar or Mozzarella, topped with sliced green olives, a drizzle of EVOO and sprinkled with fresh herbs.
    3) White cooked rigatoni or ziti mixed with green broccoli and topped with a green pesto sauce, chunks of white mozzarella and sprinkled with parsley.

Desserts:
    1) Pumpkin pie with "Go Jets" written in green and white (a bakery will do this for you easily).
    2) Green jello with white pears, bananas or any other white fruit, topped with whipped cream.
    3) Green and white cake from the bakery, decorated, of course, in Jets theme.
    4) Green pistacio nuts

17. Section 227. Row 5

Great idea! Somebody call up Emeril Lagasse!

18. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

so stoked for this...ill be counting down the days

19. KyleBradyoverSapp

KyleBradyoverSapp New Member

20. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I wasn't for the idea but since it's happening I will look forward to it. Time to let go of the 1985 Detroit bad taste and win this one. Plus we'll get ten days off heading into December, that's always a good thing. Pleanty of time to plan on how we're going to deal with holiday distractions.