Jets Patting Themselves on the Back

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BrowningNagle, Mar 29, 2023.

1. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Jets always play NYG and Philly, even in the two years since pre-season contracted from four games to three. Can't imagine this ever changing. They sell tickets to home and away fan bases, obviously.

stinkyB likes this.
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

[​IMG]

3. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

This isn't an NFL rumor or anything, but it was suggested by the NY Post. The season starts Thursday September 7th. That means the first MNF game will fall on 9/11. The Post suggested that the Jets and Giants open the season on MNF on 9/11. Have the two NYC area teams play on that night. They could do a special ceremony honoring or remembering the victims. If the NFL does schedule the Jets and Giants week one, then I wonder if they will skip the "important" Snoopy Bowl game.

abyzmul likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If the season opens with the Giants I think they wouldn't play them in the preseason. But I thought there was a precedent set that the Jets and Giants will never play a night game in the regular season

5. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I never heard of that. I know they stopped selling beer after halftime because of a MNF game at Giants Stadium between the Jets and Bills. They handed out these paper Jets hats and the Bills won the game in a blowout. The fans were pissed and lit the hats on fire. They were throwing them down from the upper deck.

6. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Browning, you strike me as the guy that's forever stuck in 1st gear. What's done is done. Get over yourself you cry baby. Sh*t happens. It was a very anemic period after 2010. We are all well aware of it. You're like the kid you used to pick on in the 3rd grade and to this day you still can't get over it. The Jets are headed for very good things these days. Stop pouting about spilled milk and get into right now....

bicketybam and KingRoach like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

oh okay, thanks for the advice :D

Nyjets4eva and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

You're welcome