Jets owner: Tebow will be with team for 3 years

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by CowboysFan, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Jrsy2FLA

Jrsy2FLA Banned

First screw up was letting the GM stay. People here think Tanny is bad, they should see the douche nozzle for Jax, Gene Smith I think. And then they go and hire Mike Mularky to coach Blane Gabbert who makes Sanchez look like Montana. I was going to go to the Jets Jags game just to see all the Tebow Gators Jerseys. Sanchez will run and hide after a stadium full of Gators start chanting Tebow.

2. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I just can't stand the Jags because I think the whole organization is infected with stupid, from the owner, to the GM, everything.

3. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Plain Garbage is such a lousy quarterback. I can't believe the way guys like him get left alone, just because they look like a quarterback out of central casting when they throw the ball.

The most important thing is the toughness and the calmness when the rush is coming. If you've got that, and you've got the physical ability to throw it, I think the rest is easier to learn.

But guys that look cagey back there when they're going to get hit? They never seem to get there. That describes Gabbert, Kevin Kolb, and though I hate to say it, Sanchez.

4. bobaru

bobaru Banned

I guess the exception is Brady- 'caus he looks like he's scared shitless back there. Goes fetal at the slightest touch (which always makes me wanna ask, do q-back coaches teach 'go fetal' now-a-days? Or, is it just because Brady is that invaluable that he gets a pass?).

5. The Swamp

The Swamp New Member

Pretty much this. I live here and every week on the local sports radio station, fans call in and actually have hope they'll play better next week. I'm just like, "Wake the fuck up!" They don't deserve this, but they are allowing it. The Chiefs fans flew a banner during the Ravens game in Arrowhead saying fire Pioli and bench Cassel. Jags fans need to do something similar except I still like Blaine but Smith needs to be gone when we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs which will be very soon.

Fucking this man. Honestly I think Jax would be better off with a MLS team than this terrible organization.

6. iloveradiohead

iloveradiohead New Member

Aren't 2/3 Jag fans Noles/Dawgs fans and therefore hate Tebow? That's what I heard.

7. iloveradiohead

Do you guys believe Woody when he said that Mark "played great"? I sure don't. So it's likely he's not being truthful about Tebow staying a Jet for 3 years.

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Edit**********

#48 CowboysFan, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  9. Bannon

Bannon New Member

How could he be "truthful" or "not truthful" answering such a stupid question? They basically asked him "are you going to get rid of Tebow?" The answer to that question is not going to be "yes." And the answer is not going to be "he will be a Jet forever, until the Sun burns out." So he just sidestepped it, by mentioning he's under contract for 3 years.

10. iloveradiohead

Good point Bannon. My comment is geared towards many Tebowites who panicked when Woody made that comment, fearing that Tebow will remain a backup for 3 years.

11. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Understand. But even the most ardent Tebowite should think he's going to be a Jet for 3 years.

12. Remarker

Remarker Banned

He won't unless he wants to be. Tim has options that are kind of independent of the Jets.

Re: Jags
    The Jags never have been run good. Hunter and now Khan are just a big joke around here. Having Brunell as their franchize QB made it worse. Like Archie Manning with the Saints. Hunter isn't really a hard core football fan, just a egocentric businessman expecting peeps to support his low investment ego trip. Fred Taylor was the Jags. biggest draw. Tim wants nothing to do with the Jags.

#52 Remarker, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  13. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

Yeah, I know what you mean. I can't help myself - I prefer QBs who plow ahead and go down in a regular tackle or face first. I can't stand the stupid slide most QBs do - makes them look like pussies. I've always wondered if sliding feet first is actually less harmful to a QB than falling forward in a regular tackle. I mean, somehow QBs get hurt anyway, and since most of them slide that must be when it's happening. Educate me?

14. Remarker

Remarker Banned

The NFL has rules for that now. Head first and a QB can be hit, a feet first hit on a QB, gets a penalty.

15. Bannon

Bannon New Member

The reason they slide is that the defense is not allowed to hit them that way.

But, most of the chances of injury to a quarterback are standing in the pocket, passing. The slide can be so awkward, it's better just to find a seam run instead of doing an awkward slide.

16. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Nope. Jax is mostly Gators/Dawgs fans. Don't forget Ponte Vedra (Tebow's hometown) is approximately 15 miles directly south of Jax. Jax is Tebow country for the most part. Sure there are some FSU guys... they have fans all over the state, as do UF and Miami, though FSU and UF have longer legs fanwise than Miami throughout the state. Total numbers though, all teams have a pretty even fanbase in Florida because south Florida is so populous that it evens out.

17. dusterfan

dusterfan New Member

Going fetal is probably smart football as far as staying healthy goes, but it sure doesn't look very tough. Can you imagine what someone like Butkus would of said about a QB like that during his playing days?

18. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I support Brady going fetal. He's too valuable to take a risk of getting injured. It's not like he's going to break a tackle or rush for the 1st down anyway. Just protect yourself.

19. Jrsy2FLA

Jrsy2FLA Banned

He goes fetal to protect all those rings weighing his hand down. I can't knock Brady, he's the real deal. He protects himself cause he's the leader and an asset to the pats. Will they put Sanchez's bust next to Brady's in the HOF?

20. Bannon

Bannon New Member

He can go fetal all he wants. The fact is, when the pressure's coming, he looks composed and under control. When he decides to throw, it looks rhythmic and unflustered. Even if he's got to get it out of their quick.

Gabbert looks like a school girl going "aahh! here!" when he's getting it out of there.