Jets OTA Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KY Jets Fan, May 23, 2023.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You're welcome and thank you! I agree

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Does this have something to do with Aaron Rodgers new TD sign?

3. NCJetsfan

A snippet from today's Jets Way:

4. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I'm a little late on this, but there is another point of view...

I didn't want them to draft Zach, & was always critical of Zach... thought he was a spoiled rich kid, with accuracy issues.
    But they drafted him, and as a Jets fan, I want him to succeed.
    I've seen his talent, he seems to be a hard-worker, he's still young enough to develop, & he seems to be an intelligent kid.
    He also had as bad a coaching/teaching/development support system, as I've ever seen.

As for faith he'll become good... I have no idea if Zach will ever get it together, but at this point, he's still here with some experienced QB-wranglers, AR, & is starting from square-one.
    This is as good a scenario for the Jets, as one could've hoped, considering the investment the Jets made in Zach, & his performance, thus far.

5. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Ok. So when he's still a bum in two years no blaming this OC. PLEASE!

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  6. jjt4201

jjt4201 Active Member

I am always just blown-away at the weird obsession with ZW by some folks who struggle to even be honest about why. Why is it exactly, they just can't live unless ZW gets ONE MORE CHANCE. I wish for once, one of these people would just come clean what it is all really about. Maybe they don't even know. Either way, I find it disturbing. This type of behavior absolutely has nothing to do with being a fan of the sport AND has nothing to do with football. Despite these consistent displays of disturbing behaviors, I, as a normal fan, will continue to root for whomever is out there whether I think they're trash or not. If Wilson defies the past's obvious and clearly documented mental-deficiencies and manages to muster a breakout season, I am going to enjoy and still look for any opportunity to explain in no uncertain terms how deeply strange and maybe even inappropriate this obsession with the young man's personal life and openly begging other fans to give him special chances that otherwise does not occur for other players.
    It ain't right, and I think you should hide these tendencies, this is a shameful behavior.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  7. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

I'm more concerned about fans that have completely written him off as if he has no chance and struggle to be honest about why. The IDEAL situation for the Rodgers trade is that he helps fix Zach Wilson. Just assuming there is no chance is flat out silly and people really need to grow up with their childish hatred of him and yes, a literal obsession with his personal life.

People championed the unsubstantiated rumor of Wilson banging his mom's friend, with no evidence whatsoever aside from a statement by a bitter ex. LOL @ special chances. Fans really do need to grow up. Nobody has any patience at all. Can't people just relax?

8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I think it's more of the system doesn't require a ton of arm talent so it's easier to find a QB because you have a bigger pool. it's why their 7th round pick purdy has outplayed lance who is more physically talented but purdy makes better decisions faster.

9. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Problem is if Zach sits behind Rodgers for 2 years (which everyone says is the plan), then Zach's contract is up. So, according to this plan, AFTER the 2024 season, do the jets resign Zach who still won't have shown squat?
    Let's hope if Douglas does decide resign Zach, it is a damn short, inexpensive contract filled with incentives.

Footballgod214 and stinkyB like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

Spot on! The post you quoted is laughable. I almost did a spit take reading the nonsensical drivel.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Rodgers ain't here to fix Wilson. Wilson should fix himself, this is NFL

I dont care who he allegedly bangs. If he was a good QB it would be endearing actually

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Purdy really had that offense clicking... it was quite impressive.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  13. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

lance has played less than five quarters ... he didnt play enough to be outplayed

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Lance is a bad comparison though. He never should have been put in the position of being a franchise heir apparent. He doesn't have that talent level. Athleticism? Sure. QB talent? Not enough.

15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yeah purdy is a leader and efficient and smart. not a great arm but enough to get it done with his head
    injuries have killed him for sure but he did start 2 games in year 2 and had under 50% completions, less then 100 yards per game, and 0Tds
    purdy already has the job to lose, i'd say thats outplayed. to be fair though zach was outplayed by mike white too.

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I know.....that's gonna be tricky. Joe D has to sign up for Zack's 5th year after this season, if he plans on keeping him.

I see GreenBay did something similar to what you suggest with Love's contract. Love sat behind AR for 3 years, and GB had to sign up for Love's 5th year before he even played a down (I know he filled in for Rodgers in spot duty, but still). They created a weird contract that lets Love stay on a see if he could play, but gives GB an out if Love sucks.

How much would JoeD need to see from Zack THIS season in TC, preseason games, spot duty, to even thing about signing up for ZW's 5th year?

tomdeb likes this.
  17. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

That's because it's lipstick on a pig. They just won't due to the 1) embarrassment and 2) cap hit for now.

He won't be on the team by `25 - because there will be likely better QB options to replace him.

BacktoQueens and tomdeb like this.
  18. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I do not know if there will be better Qb's to replace him or not but the Jets have not had any luck finding QB's in the past what makes you think they will do better in the future? The Jets will be better off chasing older vet Qb's this fan base has no patience to bring in a rookie.

My prediction is that we will find out if Zach can play or not this season. The coaches will know through practice and my guess Zach will get an opportunity to play this season with a 39 year old QB and a bad o-line.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

probably but I sure hope not. This last place stuff just sucks

BacktoQueens, stinkyB and abyzmul like this.
  20. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

their first game was played in a monsoon

he then got injured during the second drive of the second game … pointing to his averages given those circumstances is disingenuous

BacktoQueens and BrowningNagle like this.