Jets offensive line will get Zach hurt

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsAreBadForYourHealth, Sep 12, 2021.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Becton is a really good LT.
    AVT will be a really good LG.
    McGovern at C is up and down. Sometimes really good, sometimes terrible.
    Van Roten sucks. It's really disappointing they could not find someone better at RG. Can't be that hard.
    Moses should be a solid RT, as he has been in Washington. Fant started over him and was bad, which was confusing. Fant looked better at LT.

The offensive line will get better this season, no doubt about it, but yesterday was bad. RG needs to be upgraded this off-season, but the others I still have hope for.

2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Definitely JD has to take responsibility. I do want to point out some thing in the above when it comes to coaching though, particularly offensive coaching. For starters why did they have Fant start over Moses? It was OBVIOUS Fant did a better job at RT by a huge amount. Actually you could say Moses was the only guy up front who wasn't shit. There is no debate who is a better RT. Yet coaches said Fant beat him out. Why? Did they not see the obvious? It's puzzling to say the least. Also there was a lack of communication of the OL. Is that because it's a new system? Sure, but not all of it. That's the job of coaching to make as good as they can. RBs not being in position to block. Not being able to establish run game. Predictable play calling for most of the game.

Yes, JD didn't do enough. He was talking about how it starts at both lines, and neither did well. But even more than than that I was dumbstruck by horrible coaching offensively too. If Moses started before Becton got hurt, would we perhaps get an extra TD to win the game? Have the momentum on our side? It looked like Gase all over again. We were told this story of West Coast 49ers offense, and I just saw Gase all over again. I am praying this is because it's a first game, etc, but if this keeps going for much longer, we may not have Zach in very near future.

3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Sadly we find ourselves in a very similar position as years past - lots of different parties share blame. The game yesterday featured major issues from both the personnel and coaching sides.

Jedi mind tricks and Borat like this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It may be that by some measures Becton "wasn't bad", and I'm not a OL guru by any stretch, but if Becton wasn't a significant part of the problem, why di the OL play better once he left the game? You may be "missing the forest for the trees" here.

Borat likes this.
  5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I don't think they were. I think Fant was/is really bad.

6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Poor Zack :([​IMG]

Borat likes this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

8. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

A fantastic pass that will be ignored by some.