Jets negotiating multi-year deal with OT Morgan Moses(Signs 1 year deal with Jets)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Jun 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

fant is a former TE, wouldn't surprise me if we line him up at TE as an extra blocker and maybe once or twice run a trick play and throw him the ball

IDFjet, egelband and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I didn’t realize Moses could play guard. If we fill that guard hold w Moses I’d be thrilled. I actually like Fant.

KingRoach likes this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

feeny is the only one who can start at C if mcgovern goes down so I think his spot is guaranteed. I think either lewis or GVR get released, mcdermott gets released, that would give us

RT moses, fant
    RG GVR or lewis
    C mcgovern, feeny
    LG AVT, clark
    LT Beckton, Edoga

Noam likes this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

@Brook! We're really getting God on our side now...

LogeSection2RowJ and Brook! like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Jimmy Murray plays center. He's young and not much experience (appeared in 2 games with the Chiefs last season), but he may be better than Feeney. Also, Tristen Hoge started out as a C at Notre Dame, I believe. They'll probably keep Feeney due to his ability to play OG or C and the $3 million guarantee, but it's not impossible that Hoge or Murray could be better than Feeney.

6. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Ya--Edoga likely--hoping we keep McDermott.

Noam likes this.
  7. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

So Moses would be the starting RT, and the backup LT.

Pretty smart move, it means the OL when healthy will be a very strong unit, and the backups will be solid if Becton cant stay healthy.

8. Northlaker620

Northlaker620 New Member

I suspect some of the interest in signing Moses has to do with Becton, and his inability to stay on the field last year. It's pretty obvious he must become more professional(i.e. grow up)relative to his training and diet

Pepsiguy5, Brook!, BonScott and 4 others like this.
  9. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes baby yes!

Joe Douglas is an O-Line guru!

LT: Mekhi Becton.
    LG: Alijah Vera-Tucker.
    RT: Morgan Moses.

Are you kidding me?!?!? This is a younger D'Brickishaw Ferguson/Nick Mangold and Damien Woody esque!

VegasMav, Mogriffjr and egelband like this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

I believe if we sign Moses it'll have nothing to do with Becton and everything to do with having the 3rd most available offseason salary cap space along with a Rookie QB in Zach Wilson who's on the verge of Quarterbacking behind a question mark @ RT

Joe Douglas has got to protect his prized #2 overall QB at all costs and our O-Line was one of the worst in all of Football last year all while one of the best RT's in Football could be ripe for the picking during Free Agency in Moses'.

This move is a no brained (imo Becton or not).

#30 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  11. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

This team is looking like a team rite out of the bible with Elijah Moore, Alijah VT, Isiah Dunn, Zachry Wilson, Morgan Moses,.....who's next Jesus Christ.:D

12. GasedAndConfused

they could be but not likely. hoge likely winds up on the PS and murray I think gets PS as well which was the point of signing feeney

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Good post that will get buried by homer takes.

14. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

Not a terrible signing given Bectons durability concerns. F
    I like Fant as a high end backup/swing tackle with Bectons injury history.

That said he is very expensive for that role. Given JDs history I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s a cap casualty.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That is one place that JD absolutely must put Zach's health over the cap. For a year or two, he can overpay Fant. We cannot have Edoga or McDermott protecting Zach's blind side or even manning RT. That would be a disaster ala Wayne Hunter.

NYGANGGREEN and KingRoach like this.
  16. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

Do people realise Becton doesn't have an injury history? He played in 14 games last year and the injury he had had nothing to do with his weight or build. This Becton has injury issues and it's all due to his weight, is one of the biggest misnomer's I have seen. Becton is and will be fine IMHO

#36 GreenWhiteandGold, Jun 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. DefenseWinsChampionships

He's not as injury prone as some make him out to seem it's only June and he's JDs first ever draft pick meaning JD will favor his rest more than others however Mekhi played 3 consecutive years @ Louisville at his same playing weight without a single injury and never once even committed a single Offensive Penalty and then as a rookie played 14 games (left two games early) so 12 complete games as only a Rookie.

Good news is that he's never once throughout his football career suffered an injury that's required any type of surgery and unfortunately njuries happen to all players at every position in football and imo that doesn't make players out to be injury prone.

This situation reminds me of Marcus Maye kid played all 16 games as a Rookie and just because Marcus Maye missed 10 games during his 2nd year because of an injury fans began to immediately label him as injury prone and now look two seasons later and Maye has ended up playing in all 32 games of 2019/2020 without missing a single game because of another 2nd year injury.

Hopefully one day they can all end up like Alan Faneca but it's not happening during their playing days.

[​IMG]

#37 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 17, 2021
    GreenWhiteandGold likes this.
  18. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

IMO he has waaaay too much dead cap to be cut.

Build thru the trenches.

I believe Fant and Becton missed a combined 5 games last year from injury. There is 0 downside to having a deep OL, same as having a deep DL.

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  19. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'd give JD an A+ if he pulls this off after a Jamison Crowder restructured contract because Kevin Mawae, Damien Woody, Alan Faneca and Jumbo Elliott because sometimes your younger QBs and O-Lineman need a veteran FA such as Moses featuring 96 consecutive starts in order to gel and take O-Line play to another level.

We've already got a lot of youth @ LT and LG so I'm feeling as if a veteran Morgan Moses can become to both Mekhi and Vera-Tucker what Damien Woody was once to a younger Ferguson and Mangold.

#39 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 17, 2021
    NYGANGGREEN and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Alan is now the thinnest person in his family.

Jets81, NCJetsfan and Mogriffjr like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.