Jets negotiating multi-year deal with OT Morgan Moses(Signs 1 year deal with Jets)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Jun 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

okay I'll admit the "cavemen clubbing each other over the head" metaphor cracked me up. Well-done, @ukjetsfan :D

2. patleahy

....every single Jets-related topic under the sun, including who makes the practice squad this year...lol...sorry DWC, but I couldn't resist. ;)

3. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I really love DWC's enthusiasm while at the same time hating it. DWC works really hard on his posts and should be commended but too much of a good thing often makes it bad. As a kid I Ioved grape kool aid but if I had to drink it all day everyday I would lose my love for it quite quickly. Someone told me a long long time ago (30 years ago) professionaly that you have to choose your battles and arguments and choose when you want to fight. Even though they may look just and you may have a winning argument you only get so much capital and so many bullets in your gun. If your always fighting on every point people will tune you out and not take you seriously. This is my advice for DWC every post does not need to be a battle or that serious. Choose your moments for things you really care about.

My apologies if this came off as offensive. I have only the highest respect for everyone involved.

#263 Noam, Jun 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  4. patleahy

As usual, I agree with what you said, @Noam. I will give DWC this much....he definitely puts a ton of effort into each post. The sheer amount of information he types and the formatting and the links he provides, etc etc. No way in hell would I have that much energy to post all of that stuff on a message board....unless the topic somehow got steered to the 85 Bears and/or the 46 Defense, lol. Then I probably would turn into DWC...just ask @PennyandtheJets or @K'OB :(

#264 patleahy, Jun 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  5. patleahy

on a related note, @Noam , do you still enjoy the occasional ice cold glass of grape kool-aid? :cool:

6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I have not had any in close to 50 years. I think I had too much of it as a kid. Same goes for soda none in 30 plus years.

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yup. Same here. Found out I was type 2 diabetic in 2017. 4 years ago. Blood sugar @ hospital was 448.

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/i-have-diabetes.89280/

I'm proud of myself dating back to 2017 I've only drank water. Nothing else. Not a sip of juice, tea, coffee; nothing other than water. I drink water like a fish. And I feel better than I've ever felt before because of it.

I've had Soda 4x since 2017 (all 4 on Thanksgiving). The only time I'll ever allow myself to cheat and enjoy a soda is on Thanksgiving with my family because I'm sorry I'm not drinking water on Thanksgiving Day.

The best news of all? Since I switched from Sugar drinks to nothing but 100% water? My blood sugar had never reached 448. Ever again. It's never even gotten over 137 (thnx you Lord).

PS: I've never been a weight lifting man but dating back to 2017 I jump rope for 30 minutes every A.M and then go for a late night 30 minute jog at night time. Every single day of every single night. and as I'm drinking my waters, jump roping and jogging my only thoughts in my head are my daughter, my wife, my mom and my loved ones (I can't let them down).

8. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

All I can say is great work DWC and keep it up staying alive and having a goodquality of life can be very hard.

I don't get to quote Bo Derek very often if ever but she ripped off a Bette Davis quote slightly changing it and said "getting old is not for pussies" and she is right.

9. patleahy

Good for you DWC. Keep up the good work, dude. Best of luck to you.

10. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

It’s amazing what dropping the sugary drinks, drinking a good amount of water, and a little exercise will do......

Are you still considered a diabetic today? That’s quite a drop. I’ve heard of people who were diabetics, changed their ways, and are no longer diabetics.....maybe that’s a certain type though?

Noam and patleahy like this.
  11. patleahy

^^^^yep this X10000000. It really is remarkable how much of a difference those adjustments in habits can make for BOTH your body and your mind/mood. You look AND feel a hell of a lot better.

12. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

This thread made a sharp turn somewhere and it's never coming back.

13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I plan on having a 20 oz bottle of dr pepper with cream soda this week.

14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Coke zero myself, though I do not drink tea, coffee or alcohol

15. patleahy

I will admit, I do enjoy the occasional ice cold yoo-hoo. :(

chrisrex and mrjet80 like this.
  16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Vanilla coke is my go to soft drink. Trying something different this week. I don't drink tea or coffee either, but do like an occasional glass of wine. Craft beer if I'm in the mood.

17. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I love the passion. I love the initial statement of a position. It's the endless reiteration of the same argument that is tiresome and pointless. And it's not a debate. In a debate both sides get their say and then they sit down and stop talking. It doesn't just go on endlessly.

So I'm not saying I want anybody to stop posting, or being passionate about the Jets, or offering their opinion, but the Talking Heads said it best: "Say something once? Why say it again?"

18. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I don’t drink coke but I sure like the way it smells ;)

Re sodas: Canada Dry ginger ale lemonade is amazing.

19. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes. I take my Metformin every day. 2x per day. I'm too scared to try a day a week etc without it out of fear my blood sugar with skyrocket. My 30 mins of jump ropes and 30 mins of jogging + gallons of water every day + my medicine is why my blood sugar has dropped significantly and I'm scared without my medicine that exercise + water just wouldn't be enough for my body to fight off. 448 was really scary # for me.

Mostly all the sites that say you can reverse type 2 are bs money grabs trying to give scared ppl hope to buy their cook books and routine habits etc if they really cared? They'd offer their magical type 2 diabetic reverse for free.

PS: I still eat the same outside of no more ice cream, brownies, candy, sweets etc but in regards to actual foods? Nothing has changed outside of eliminating FRIED foods like fried chicken. Now? Grilled chicken. Other than no longer eating deserts and eliminating my fried foods everything else foods wise has stayed the same.

20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I do like a ginger ale on occasion lol to old for the sniff and snort of coke though :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.