Jets messed up

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jtrain, Apr 29, 2006.

1. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

we really FUCKED UP... What in the hell did we do that for? We would have gotten Justice.... What a great line for years!

2. GreenMachine

The same guy who has been arrested for soliciting a prostitute and weapons possestion????

OK.... How well can you play with a Monitoring Bracelet around your ankle?

3. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I think the Jetes are doing fine with their draft. Not flashy, but filling dire needs. I know many wanted one of the top 3 QB's or a RB, but we had to do somethng with our offensive line.

You could have made an argument that we could have gotten those kind of holes plugged later on, but my have missed on quality. Maybe, some of the later round tries would not have panned out.

We were not in a position to screw up on the o-line. It had to be done. We got great players who can start and get even better with time.

4. Jetset

Jetset New Member

they were taking a QB in the 2nd round not a tackle - don't think that was even a consideration. They wound up stealing a pick from the redskins - who no longer believe in the draft I guess. They took the player they wanted all along and got an extra 1st day pick next year - thats nothing to sneeze at.

All in all a very good move for the Jets - one that bodes well for the Jets in the long term.

i for one am happy with the 1st 2 rounds - a tad disappointed by the 3rd round - though Bryan Cox supposedly loves schlegel (or whatever his name is).

the Jets make up for the 3rd round if they can grab a fat ass DT and a WR in the 4th

5. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Justice didn't fit the mold of player they were looking for. This team is really basing itself off character, and Justice had some character issues. It's not like they picked these names out of a hat, they actually got who they wanted all along. They built from the inside, and then grabbed the QB they though made most sense for the team (in the future). Trust me, if Clemens had played the whole year, he would have gone in the 1st round, and people would be sucking his schlong on this board. Likewise, 2-3 years from now when we have one of the toughest lines in the league, people will be praising the 2006 draft.

6. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

I liked the first two picks, and Im sure I will end up liking the third pick but why the hell did we pass on LenDale White?! and then in the third round we were in position to get brian calhoun and they traded that pick to get schlegel! i just dont understand it this team in in trouble at RB and nothing is getting done about it