Jets Madden 2008 Ratings are up!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Jtuds, Aug 7, 2007.

1. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

Yes, I think an 82 would be about right. The guy has ideal size, got a big contract (and was coveted by several teams), and 4.5 sacks in minimal time as a 3-4 end is pretty damn impressive IMO.

A 70 is un-playable in Madden, a 76-78 is strcitly a backup, not likely to see the field, and an 82 is a low-end starter. And since Coleman will be our starter, I think he is deserving of at least being rated in that range.

Hell, they give backups better ratings than he has. I just looked at the Chargers roster (first one I clicked on) and their BACKUP FULLBACK is rated higher than our starting DE. Their FOURTH STRING MLB is rated the same as him.

The Patriot's SIXTH cornerback is on par with our starter. Their SEVENTH reciever is 3 points higher than Coleman.

That's the kind of shit that pisses me off. Madden consistently rates backups (even guys 4-7 deep on the depth chart) higher than starters simply because they are on a better team. Or rates has-beens higher than guys in their prime because the older guys had good careers. Madden doesn't rate fairly and it quite frankly, ruins the game for me.

There is no way Coleman would get as large a contract as he did and be a starter on a playoff team if he was really only worth a 70 rating.

2. boomer

boomer Active Member

Nugent, Graham, Dyson, B. Thomas, and Pennington should all be a little higher. Kerry Rhodes- Yowsah! Finally some respect.

3. All Star

All Star Active Member

-They only gave Leon Washington 91 speed. That's the worst of them all.

91 is fair, I'd say 93 tops, he did put up a 40 of about 4.5, he's more quick than fast, more agility/acc

- Cotchery is very fair, Coles had an 88 after his big breakout year.

- Nugent is fair, I mean, the guy had what 1 touchback all last year?

- Pennington is fine, by no means is he an elite quarterback.

- Note: Brad Smith is close to a 75 by editing him with those attributes on the 07 (with the stuff that's in it, not including the new stuff), J-Mac is about a 78 too using this way too(I edited my 07 game with these attributes), Cotch came out to an 88 I think?

- Revis got shafted on speed, 4.38 and he gets 89?

- Wow Kerry Rhodes got a high rating, I just think it's one or two points too high.

- Baker, Hobson, Thomas and Barton all need more love. They don't even have the positions right!!! Hobson is an OLB, Barton inside, who also got shafted

- Ben Graham need more love too, Moorman gets 89 speed, Graham needs good tackling, you all saw him take down that returner.

I always want to edit these myself but keep thinking I'll be too biased.

I should edit mine and post them and see what other people think.

4. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I have Revis at 90 speed...These ign ratings are bogus.

5. All Star

All Star Active Member

Do you play on current gen?

It appears the rosters on the current gen aren't even updated from the last roster update. Go to simsports.com and I believe they have the current gen rosters, no different than the last roster update.

6. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

This was my first look at the ratings, and I agree with most of you. Both Smith's, Brad and Eric, got jipped.... Eric should be about an 80 and Brad should be in the 70-75 range, and definitely higher then our 7th round rookie.